2012 Hammerheads Schedule

Discussion in 'Wilmington Hammerheads' started by mbsc, Jan 12, 2012.

1. mbsc

mbsc Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Code:

4/15   Wilmington   @    Orlando

4/21   Harrisburg   @    Wilmington

4/28   Pittsburgh   @    Wilmington

5/02   Antigua      @    Wilmington

5/04   Wilmington   @    Los Angeles

5/06   Wilmington   @    Los Angeles

5/19   Charlotte    @    Wilmington

5/26   Wilmington   @    Richmond

6/02   Orlando      @   Wilmington

6/08   Wilmington   @   Rochester

6/09   Wilmington   @   Harrisburg

6/15   Richmond     @   Wilmington

6/22   Wilmington   @   Pittsburgh

6/23   Wilmington   @   Dayton

6/30   Los Angeles  @   Wilmington

7/07   Richmond     @   Wilmington

7/12   Rochester    @   Wilmington

7/14   Wilmington   @   Charleston

7/20   Dayton       @   Wilmington

7/21   Wilmington   @   Charlotte

7/25   Wilmington   @   Orlando

8/03   Wilmington   @   Charleston

8/04   Charleston   @   Wilmington

8/18   Charlotte    @   Wilmington

2. firesting81

firesting81 Member+

Jan 16, 2001
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Thanks for this. I'm a big Des Moines Menace and Chicago Fire fan (not so fond memories of our Open Cup encounter with you :) ) and my now serious gf grew up 30 minutes south of Wilmington on the coast, so I'll be headed to a match. What are the things to do around the stadium on game day? Any great BBQ joints in Wilmington? I'm a big fan of KC style (which uses Iowa pork), but I want the best NC has to offer (the gf swears by something called White Swan). Any other info for a first-timer on a game day would be much appreciated.

Thanks again for the schedule!

3. mbsc

mbsc Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's strange...I have fond memories of the Fire game. :D Regardless, here's a better (printable) version of the schedule.

http://wilmingtonhammerheads.com/home/590033.html

Thirty minutes south.. I'm guessing Southport, maybe Oak Island/Long Beach. (I grew up in Brunswick County myself.) There aren't a lot of restaurants around Legion Stadium-- Closest is probably "The Harp" (an Irish pub/restaurant) about a mile from Legion the players and Firm go to before and after the games.

As for killing time, I would suggest going downtown. Lots of historic places and if you're a movie buff, lots of locations used in TV and movies. I used to give tours to friends of all the "Blue Velvet" locations including Frank's Bar.

As for Barbecue, I like Jackson's over on Kerr Avenue or the old timer's favorite "Flip's" over on Oleander Drive. But be advised KC tomato based styles will be hard to find--most everyone serves a vinegar based pulled pork . I advise having at least one with slaw, but that's a personal preference.

As for Legion Stadium-- Tickets last year were $10, general seating. Games usually start at 7:30 and many games the Port City Firm have a tailgate in the parking lot near Stadium Drive and Carolina Beach Road. The Port City Firm sit on the East side of Legion, so come over at sit with us if you'd like.

[​IMG]