2012/14 Yuki Otsu @ VVV-Venlo (NED) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So yeah, in an incredible turn of events Otsu signed for VVV.

[​IMG]

Good luck to him!

2. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Now I hope he will play and not begginning from the bench even in this weak team...

3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    VVV realized that they can't avoid relegation without a new japanese player. ;)

4. c shima

c shima Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    And just when we thought we were done with VVV...

5. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Added Venlo to my mobile app again... :sick:

6. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I can't stand VVV anymore.. please, stop sign Japanese players!
    The only good thing is that, as long as Yuki plays, everything can happen.

Loan or transfer?
    And i repeat myself: why the ******** BM bought Otsu in the 1st place? If Favre can answer to this question, he can go ruining himself anywhere he wants.

7. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Are you mad?
    Please VVV, keep signing players. Clearly you don't understand how important is this club and its president. They launched Honda. They helped Yoshida reach the Premier League.
    They will give Otsu plenty of playtime in Eredivisie. What else do you need? I'd undertstood if they were in the 2nd division, but come on... do you think Otsu went there refusing other offers? Probably not, so they were the only one that believed in him and do you wanna bet that he'll be out of there in 1 or 2 years? ;)

In regards to Favre, well, it's not him that signed him. Not only: he even refused him:
    "It is difficult to judge a player completely, after four days. I've seen good things with him, but I'm not 100 per cent convinced that he is really better than the players we have in the squad. Therefore we will not sign him."
    But even if the trial wasn't "successful" the club decided to buy him. He made it even clear: "Maybe Yuki is more a player for the future, but players from Japan are all tactically and technically very well trained,” Favre told the club's website."

8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good post!

9. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yuki will play (or he better) in VVV and in the Dutch league which is like a spring for attacking minded players, if he does great and is as capable as majority of us think, than he will use this year and use it well better than he could have in Borussia Monchengladbach and that by far

Loads if not all of the bigger clubs have scouts or connections in Holland if he does well he will be surely noticed and if he does really well he ll be noticed by some good clubs

good "transfer"

10. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    p.s. he has signed a 2 years contract

HINT HINT. They expect him to be successful, and then he will be sold

uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89 and marten48 repped this.
  11. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    To Bundesliga haha

12. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Should have never gone to BM in the first place. Everyone on the forum knew something was wrong when they invited him back after rejecting him the first time.

seolseol repped this.
  13. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    And that WILL happen in Venlo ;)

14. Arash1995

Arash1995 Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Yokohama
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    VVV is actually very helpful to the Japanese football.
    Honda and Yoshida learned a lot of things at VVV and now they have rescued Otsu.
    The only thing I hate on them is that they sold Honda to the ********ing Russian league.

15. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    hmm... this is how a club do their business, sold it to the club with higher bid, at least Maya dint follow the step of Honda....

16. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a nightmare...the positive things to take away from this is he will immediately be a starter and get to play along side two Japanese players in Yoshida and Cullen. Should be an easy transition for him and not much pressure to perform.

17. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    he wont play next to yoshida thats for sure

18. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This is a good move

19. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    All happy. Time to impress and become Honda II.

20. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    You mean he will end up in CSKA special jail? :p

21. The reason behind this is that Dutch coaches most of the time get players that arenot yet the "full product", so they have to invest in developing the skills and brains of those players. In the big leagues coaches are judged primarily by the results they get, so a player has to deliver from the start and the coaches are only busy with preparing the team with winning the next game. Foreign players that have to learn the ropes of the game suffer from that, because they donot get the attention to their solvable deficiencies they get in the "Eredivisie". In the "Eredivisie" you learn the game at the highest level tactically and technically. Than you go to a big league to learn to put it into practice under more demanding physically and speedy conditions.

22. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Good post, thanks! Pretty much true, as there are really many young players in every team there.

23. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  24. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    So I expect VVV -> Barcelona :sneaky:

25. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Interesting, still made the right choice though. It's always easy to jump on the bandwagon later, right, Favre? And he wouldn't have been a starter anyway