2012/14 Hiroshi Kiyotake @ 1. FC Nuremberg (GER) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by SamuraiBlue2002, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Turns out his contract is valid for 2. Bundesliga.

2. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  3. rioliogiz

rioliogiz Member

Chelsea
    Apr 12, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
    Who the hell would vote for Kiyotake lol

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  5. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    i did.

6. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I voted for him too, but I thought it was quite funny that the guy talking doesn't know anything about the Samurai Blue. Kiyotake hardly plays and is hardly a regular in the starting XI. And he is certainly not "Japan's World Cup hope in midfield." Sometimes I wish that wasn't the case because I like Kiyotake, but at least do some research for goodness' sake. It really isn't that hard to check if he is a bench player or a regular starter. But maybe the guy was just fed information to say that someone else wrote down.

scotch17 and seolseol repped this.
  7. leerooney

leerooney Member

May 8, 2014
    Hanoi
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  8. LevyFR12

LevyFR12 New Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    When is this guy going to leave Nurnberg ? He is way too good for the 2.Bundesliga...

9. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  10. leerooney

leerooney Member

May 8, 2014
    Hanoi
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes, I doubted that too. Actually I think 5m for him is quite reasonable as compared to equal to the fee Mainz spent on Koo early this year. They have same quality.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/03...n-aston-villa-target-hiroshi-kiyotake/133710/

This article was in March. I don't know whether it's reliable but Nürnberg wanted around 8m, for now it's down to 5m. Plus, Rakitic seems to join Barcelona soon, so they've gotta find someone to take over from. I glad to see Kiyotake in Spain.

11. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    seolseol, Samurai Warrior and Dax repped this.
  12. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Another waste to the EPL? Why? Please move to La Liga, PLEASE.

13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah, La Liga's japanese transfers have been extremely successful.

14. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    There havent really been any decent ones. Naka after he was spent is the only major name that comes to mind.
    We've already seen epl waste kagawa and ina. I like yoshida there as a central defender ... but would love to see some established attackers in spain. Their style and physique is very similar.
    otherwise, rather see him stay in germany even if its not top flight than go to epl

teioh repped this.
  15. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nishizawa, Jo, Ienaga and Okubo also failed. Yes, of course one could certainly argue that they weren't good enough, but it's not exactly too promising. But don't misunderstand, I was just pointing at the fact that since we're talking about La Liga, well, there's literally never been a player who has not been "wasted" there so far. But at the same time I don't really think it has that much to do with the league

As for Kagawa, I'd like to say that United has wasted Kagawa so far, I'm not sure if it's really EPL.
    I think Kiyotake would manage to do well even in EPL, if he moves we'll see.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  16. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So its as i was saying. If okubo is the best name you can throw out... i could throw out as many triers that have failed in germany and italy. Including okubo again.
    I suppose players should stop going there too.

17. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, Jo had two great season before moving but I reckon it was very early times and Hide was an exception.
    I'm confused as to why this supposedly works for EPL though. Is it about Kagawa? Because then you would say that Nakamura was still a failure (you said that he was "spent" but, honestly, I don't know...).
    Overall, my point is that I think it very much depends on the team and only a little about the league...

18. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    let me break it down for you barney style...
    - Epl have wasted several players with known quality
    - only one such player has gone to la liga, and it was the end of his career

So in terms of the argument *you* raised, spain is an unknown... but epl is a known bad destination

In terms of style, economics, etc.
    it seems obvious to me why epl is a no go. I see plenty of reasons why la liga wouldnt be any different than italy, which has been decently fair, and some good reason to suspect it'd be as good or better than germany
    Germans, like jleague traditionally, often rely on strong CFs (generally imported in jleague) ... this is a winning strategy but does jnt no favors since jnt cant import such players. Spain, however, has worked with players like david villa up front. And a lot of teams in la liga follow that model.
    Jnt needs attackers in the mold of a david villa... there is never going to be a dzeko for jnt

19. leerooney

leerooney Member

May 8, 2014
    Hanoi
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  20. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He can be good at Villa Park.

seolseol repped this.
  21. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I wanna simply like the idea to see a talented player as Kiyotake in an "important" league less physical and less denfesive than EPL.

22. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    turns out actually he has a contract until 2016, I thought it was ending next year. If he leaves, it's not going to be for super cheap that's for sure...

23. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Hamburg are trying to sign him.

24. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Mixed feelings about that. HSV is perfectly capable of spending thanks to sponsors often bleeding money no problem while being in the red, but at the same time they have often failed to build decent teams (see like, last year) and the last thing I'd want to see is him battling for relegation in Bundesliga again...

seolseol and Whispered11 repped this.