2012/13 Ryo Miyaichi @ Wigan Athletic (ENG) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Whispered11, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    As we said multiple times, he'd lose his homegrown status, something that Arsenal doesn't want, so no. He won't be loaned out of UK.
    I think from next year he doesn't need to respect this rule anymore, though.

p.s. Martinez will be Everton's new coach

2. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Crystal Palace and Ian Holloway would be a great solution.

P.S: Good for them, he's one of the best in England.

3. thansau_72

thansau_72 Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Do you think that with homegrown status, he will have more chances to play in Premier league?
    In my opinion, homegrown status only benefit Arsenal (A club play in Champion league ). Clubs that not participate in Champion league does not care about it.
    Ryo need to sit down with Arsenal to talk about his future this summer. If he has a realistic chance to play for them then great. If not, he should ask for a loan (or a permanent move) to where he can play regularly, even outside UK. Hope that Arsenal will let him go for a reasonable price since they got him for free.

P/s: I guess he will still be in Arsenal squad in the tour to Asia. It's time for Arsenal to earn some cash.
    I just don't understand why Arsenal went through troubles to get special talent's work permit for Ryo and then have no plan to use him.
    Seriously, if they want to make some money, they could have let him continue to play in Feynoord then sell him. I am sure his price tag will be higher than let him rot in Wigan's bench.

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Uh? Nope, I was just stating a fact. That's how it is, that's what Wenger said about him not going outside. He's going to be loaned again, and in the UK, it seems.

He has nothing to "ask", he will be given a loan, it's normal... I'm sure Arsenal will find a team that's interested in him, like Bolton was.
    It's not Martinez's fault if the player kept getting injured...

because he's nowhere ready to play for them...

But they don't, infact Arsenal didn't even want to let go Vela, even when Real Sociedad offered them 4£ mln. In the end they had to because the player wanted to stay there

5. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Wherever he goes it's better for me that Arsenal/Wenger choose the loan as soon as possible to permit Konami to update his transfer for PES2014 so I can play him regularly.
    And this is still the main reason for him to sit down and talk about his future :geek:

6. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Wenger talk about Ryo and japanese footballers

Some astonishing quotes:

Inamoto: "He missed something, He had the basic quality but he missed something in the physical aspect, stamina, to be a box-to-box, up-and-down midfielder in the Premier League. Also at that time he lacked a little bit of belief in his qualities [...]"

Honda: "Now we have good Japanese players in Europe, but at the moment they have not had a real superstar. They had Honda in Russia for a while, but he was not a complete success."

Nakata: "Before that they had Nakata in Italy who was a real star in Japan, and he had the charisma and personality, but since then nobody has replaced him."

LOL. What happened to Nakamura? And why Wenger missed to talk about Kagawa? :speechless:

takeuchi repped this.
  7. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

In other words, you better be French... cheap export from Africa (who speak French), or La Masia product.

8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    because otherwise he would have to admit that there are superstars United got before him

edit: of course I was kidding lol

9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Wenger was very elogious towards Kagawa on french TV during Japan - France, and when I say very it's very, you're trying to see bad when there's none.

takeuchi repped this.
  10. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    There's a word you don't see often.

11. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Astonishing?

However I was joking but probably Wenger can't really talk too much about United stars.

12. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He said he will success with Man Utd.

And, according to him, Kagawa should play in a central position because it's his best role.

13. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Wenger will oppose for the usual homegrown problem... this should be the last year regarding that though!

15. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Keren and Whispered11 repped this.
  16. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Just curious since I've been a bit intrigued about Miyaichi.
    What is his role with the Japanese NT?

17. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    what do you mean by role... ? o_O Last call up was when he was playing with Bolton I think if that's what you were curious about.

18. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I guess I should have phrased that better.
    I haven't seen him on the Japanese NT for a while, at least in the matches I saw. This kid seems like someone who would be a future talent. Is he too raw to start or something?

19. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ah, no, he didn't get much playtime at Wigan last season and then was injured two times -_- which basically meant he was out for all the season. Plus, in his position Japan has so many good players anyway...
    and yes he was just a sub, he is too raw as you said.

20. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    In the U-19, he plays Left Wing/AML/LWF. Same role he played in HS and Feyenoord. For Bolton and Wigan, he plays on both wings, @ Bolton it was more right.

21. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Yeah! Feyenoord! I miss so much the trident Castaignos, Biseswar and Miyaichi.

Well if it will be a permanent loan it's a pity...

22. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    He arrived to Jakarta with Arsenal. Someone can post the schedule of their asian tour?

23. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well Idk if anyone will be picked from Nagoya for EAFF but since they are quite literally pathetic atm not sure it will matter anyway.
    Reds will probably be weakened as hell as I can see potentially 6 of their players called up and at least 2 for sure

- Haraguchi (expect)
    - Makino (expect)
    - Moriwaki
    - Kashiwagi
    - Ugajin
    - Abe

24. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan