2012/13 Makoto Hasebe @ VfL Wolfsburg (GER) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Whispered11, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c shima

c shima Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    pop the champagne, hasebe subbed in at the 84th min.

Whispered11 repped this.
  2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Damn, I will.

3. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nuernberg wanted to get him but the negotians didn't go smoothly as Wolfsburg seemed to be reluctant to let him go according to Kicker...

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    probably the same story as bild... actually I heard Hecking also said something about him being useful as a sideback too ? Hope it's not true :/

5. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Now it's not Bild but Martin Bader, Nuernberg SD, who said that 'the things don't look too well right now' regarding Hasebe. So there's still chance. But rather small as he also admitted that they have 2-3 candidates for DM and Hasebe seemed like the first choice for them.

6. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope he joins Nurnberg, even on loan: he needs to play as DM or he can't be on the starting XI for 2014WC.

zdrstvte, seolseol and uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89 repped this.
  7. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Shame. Wolfsburg don't even want him to play as a DM. I think the main reason why he can't leave is because he's the only player who can play RB apart from Trasch.

8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Leave Wolfsburg.

9. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesnt play for his club, shouldn't play for the NT. Simple as that. Hasebe needs to find a situation where he can play because he is hurting the NT cus Zac is to stubborn/afraid/stupid to try out someone else in place of Hasebe.

Whispered11 and seolseol repped this.
  10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Not a good timing to go on this rant since he's actually trying to do something about it (and he's not hurting anyone).

11. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well of course not literally hurting anyone, but figuratively he is hampering the NT much like Endo with his terrible play, he hasnt been in form since the AFC Tournament. My concern is that its too little too late because its been 1 1/2 seasons of him getting little to no play with Wolfsuburg. Then again Zac will play him regardless of the situation and nobody will realize that Hasebe is not the best option as a defensive mid since no other player gets a look. Hosogai has found a great situation where he is a fixture with his team starting games and getting minutes at his natural position...the next NT match that comes up if Hasebe is not playing with his club, Hosogai needs to be in his place. And Honda should be C of the team.

12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You will be incredibly disappointed when you'll realize that it's highly debatable to suppose that there is a player at Hasebe's level right now. He is still probably the best option probably... EAFF gave good hints.
    Hosogai surely needs his chances but he wasn't awesome against Mexico and only decent against Iraq. He will get his chances I think

Saku² repped this.
  13. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you're completely wrong if you think that Hasebe is far and away the best player for Japan in that position RIGHT NOW and that no other player comes even close to his talent level. There is a pool of players in form and getting minutes. I believe Hasebe at his best and in form is probably the best choice at that position, but that has not been the case in about 2 years. Sports is about what have you done for me lately, and Hasebe has done nothing, if you live in the past you will be left behind. That is likely what will happen to Japan in the next WC if Hasebe and Endo are paired in the MF again.

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Hasebe has been getting 20 starts in average these past three seasons.

15. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    And he still asked Allofs in 3 meetings to release him.

16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Does his contract still expire in 2014? Weird, I see that on transfermarkt but I thought he renewed.

17. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But if I recall, last year most of those were at RB and AMR..not in his natural position of DMC.

Whispered11 repped this.
  18. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I am not saying he wants to go for free when I wrote "release". I guess (even) Nürnberg would pay some fee.

19. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really get why Wolfsburg is so dead set on keeping Hasebe around. Last year Magath froze him out and left him off the 18 for like 1/3 of the season before getting fired - for the crime of asking to be released for an offer that arrived during the summer window. Being backed by VW means you don't need to scrounge for transfer fees, but still...it doesn't seem like they need Hasebe badly.

seolseol repped this.
  20. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    In this time it seems we can only whine about japanese footballers abroad. Really sad but simply inevitable looking at the gloomy situation.

21. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    so what does Hasebe wants, stay or go? I thought I'd remember he wants to stay in Wolfsburg, but I don't remember if that was last season or during the summer.
    If Nurnberg let him play as DMC, behind Kiyotake, it would be awesome.

22. Godzillaradio

Godzillaradio Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    All you do is whine anyway.

zdrstvte repped this.
  23. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    #148 teioh, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
    As everyone who cares about some disastrous situations of the most of japanese football players abroad this season.

If you don't mind or worst if in your opinion it's ok as it is, it's your problem not mine.

24. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Most of? Don't make me laugh.
    Hosogai, Kiyotake, Inui, Okazaki, Uchida Havenaar, Sakai(s), Nagatomo, Honda, Kawashima, Kubo, + random surprises (Akahoshi, Matsui) are all playing and doing well. Infact, this is probably the most exciting season ever for japanese players abroad (due to the amount of them, I mean)? Many of them are even involved in european competitions, too.

So no, it's just wanting to whine where you can, since there's nothing gloomy (and even where you shouldn't! i.e. Nagatomo's thread) . I mean, even Takagi and Ienaga are playing.

-Kodemari repped this.
  25. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I'm too focused on JNT/WC perception of the events in this season.
    That's why imo (and I know u have a different pov) it's a dangerous situation cuz it's not so important how Hosogai, Kiyotake, Inui, Havenaar, Sakai(s) (hey... Gotoku is doing well now???), Kubo + surprises are doing than what's happening to Honda (who can miss UCL and be only a sub from january on), Kagawa (no comment), our captain Hasebe, Nagatomo (how can u value his begginning of season positive idk) and our only "euro" CB Yoshida (hope he will reborn tonight).
    That's all.

Oh, obv Matsui save my day. He's our only hope.