2012/13 Kensuke Nagai @ Standard de Liège (BEL) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  2. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [​IMG]

Also for some reason the club writes: "La saison dernière, Kensuke a marqué 8 buts en 18 matches dans le championnat japonais et a participé aux JO de Londres avec son équipe nationale."
    uhh what? When has Kensuke scored 8 goals in 18 matches? o_O

edit: Oh, I got it. These inepts think that the season in Japan ends in June. Epic fail.

3. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Score some goals please :sleep:

4. TODOROKI_11

TODOROKI_11 Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Very nice!! :thumbsup:

5. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  6. Don_Johnson

Don_Johnson Member

May 2, 2011
    USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    he scored 9 last season

7. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Very happy about it. I think he'll help Standard climbing the table: go Kensuke!

8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Didn't really post anything about Nagai but, well, personally I think that phyisically he's really interesting, but his technique isn't really on par. So I surely hope he's successful, but yeah if I were a club, I would've taken someone else. Liegi was on him since summer 2012 anyway, so...
    He scored 10 in 30

That said, hey, good luck to him! Impress us!

9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    best day of my life so far.
    Belgian fans thinking he's going to (hahahaha) sell Standard shirts in Japan (hahaha). Oh my, how better it was when the internet wasn't around

seolseol and Dax repped this.
  10. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Can't understand how do they think he's only a shirt seller while they have a japanese (starter) gk.

11. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Such an exciting move for Nagai. He is an amazing athlete but in terms of technique is still raw. I think this is a good move for him since the Belgian league is a lower level league where he can develop and gain confidence, as opposed to joining the Bundasliga and a team expecting him to be the next Kagawa.

Its also great to see him paired up with Kawashima which will make the transition that much smoother.

Now he has as good a chance as any to snatch the striker spot for the NT. It's anyone's spot to take and with nobody stepping up he can seize the opportunity. I hope he succeeds and gets Zacs attention. I would prefer to see him flying all over the field in the Samurai Blue more than any other striker. Of course he needs to earn it though.

12. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think he should have stayed in J-League until he has honed his skills. At Nagoya at least he would have played regulary.

Not to mention that Nagoya seems to want to drop out of title contenders

13. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    He's 23. I think this is the right time to try the european adventure.
    1 season an half to deserve JNT call for WC2014... (joking)

14. TODOROKI_11

TODOROKI_11 Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Baptism of fire. The best way to discover if he got what it takes.

15. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I like this

16. marten48

marten48 Member

Jun 2, 2012
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I really enjoyed watching him during the Olympics. I like his physical style of play -- speed and strength and toughness. I don't watch J-League but based solely on the Olympics he deserves this transfer. I hope he does well.

17. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the Belgian league for goodness sake, its not that much of a step up compared to the J-League, if at all...as long as he gets a fair chance he should have no problems in this league earning playtime. Whether or not he will be a star, 'shirt seller', or a flop, we'll just have to wait and see.

18. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes exactly. But only "god" knows if he will play here and how much, while at Nagoya we all know that he would have played quite a lot.

Cases like Morimoto and Tadanari Lee are not exactly a good reference

Then you look at Havenaar he is playing but how much compared to J-League? And Okazaki?

I always believe playing comes first and then the strength of the league second. This guy needs to work on his technique quite a bit before I see him as a good enough striker for Europe. The only good thing about this move is the presence of Kawashima for me at this moment

19. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed playing is always first and the league is second, thats why I like this move, he didnt go to a league where the competition level is off the charts like EPL, Bundasliga, Seria A, or La Liga. This is a league that is a 2nd tier league, he can gain confidence being in Europe and learn a different style of football, and if all goes according to plan play. Bonus he has a countryman in Kawashima to make the transition easy and a team that accepts Japanese players.

He should be able to play, lets be real, sure his technique is nowhere near Kagawa, Inui, Kiyotake, etc. But he has much more athleticism than all of them, and of course plays a different position. I think this move will benefit him as he matures he will be able to play under control and hopefully develop more of balanced game. I like his style of play already, hes got a motor, plays with grit, and his speed is second to none, if he could string some passes together and become a better finisher this guy would be even more of a nightmare for defenders. He has so much potential IMO.

With Nagoya he had a solid season, and if you saw him play at the Olympics you'd think he could play against, maybe he could have used another year but.. the time is now and his confidence is at an all time high. I have no problem with him moving somewhat prematurely, if anything I respect it, he wants to challenge himself and was smart about it picking a league and a club where he knew he could play. I think this is Nagai sending a message to Zac that says,"Put my name in the discussion for NT striker".

20. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I saw some videos of him...damn his fast. Or just the defenders are slow? Not sure which....

Who is faster, Miyaichi or Nagai?

Anyone know

21. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I like him a lot, the thing which I think he needs to improve is his passing shooting and holding to the ball, perhaps dribbling if possible.

Speed, strength, stamina, heart and instinct that I think he has

Clad
    probably Miyaichi but Nagai is more explosive imo

22. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    None of them are a good comparison though. Morimoto is a 18yr going to Serie A, heh.
    Tadanari Lee could be a comparison, but he's still in the EPL, not in Belgium.
    Okazaki is playing, not always starting, but he played 26 matches last year anyway. And he's not really scoring much, so it's up to him.
    Havenaar isn't playing in his usual position, though it's not an excuse, I don't like him anyway

Well, I kinda believe that too but with that mentality you won't get anywhere. If everyone reasoned like that, maybe Kagawa would still be at Cerezo now. You have to accept a challenge at a certain point - if you have ambition.

23. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Yes they are.

24. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This is one step closer to a bigger European league, wich I assume is his dream.

25. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    His? It isn't only a Kensuke Nagai dream but a JNT/JNT fans/Zac dream.
    I mean to find a japanese forward able to reach an european level (not top european level) with good numbers in terms of scores and a damn good final product.