2012/13 Keisuke Honda @ CSKA Moscow (RUS/EL) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Whispered11, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    the score was 0-0 and it's not like he was sleeping, it was an unfair change no matter what, coming after '37. It was done on purpose, and that's it. No need to feel sorry, and no need to think of it as reasonable too

2. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    1-0 for Krasnodar, actually.

3. Senior Tigr

Senior Tigr Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Warsaw, Poland
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    From what I've heard, the coaching staff at the game was absolutely unsatisfied by the level of Honda's commitment in the game. After the sub there was some argument between Keisuke and one of the coaches during which the latter showed a pantomime of jogging in place in slow motion (it was witnessed by the fans who were at the stadium, I do not know if there is any video).
    Unfortunately in the last matches Keisuke was looking unfocused. There were many voices that he is not trying hard enough and have to be benched. While I'm not agreeing with the opinion that he paced himself purposely, he definitely was not able to concentrate enough on the matches so he was making too much easy errors.

If you are saying that the early substitute is a sign of the lack of respect many could argue that the level of his commitment is a lack of respect towards the team and the fans. But I do not want to develop a spiral of accusations, so I prefer the opinion stated above that there are situations when the manager decides to substitute the player early because the former is thinking that the latter fails to do his job properly in the match, but it means nothing in terms of the respect or lack thereof, it is only an evaluation of the actual match performance.

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    dude: the score at the moment of Keisuke's sub

Whispered11 repped this.
  5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Lol good narrative bro. After having been good to Honda for 4 years, Slutsky decides to humiliate him ... not. He doesn't have to justify himself, it's a competitive match, not his jubilee.

6. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    409295363061735424 is not a valid tweet id

409295170660622337 is not a valid tweet id

Whispered11, Majster2 and takeuchi repped this.
  7. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    But being subbed after '30 when your team isn't even losing is an humilation and if you can't tell from Keisuke's face his surprise, then it's your problem. One could agree or disagree if Keisuke's display was so embarassing that he deserved to be subbed, no problem with that.

Of course he doesn't have to justify himself, just as much as Keisuke can just keep not giving a damn about playing seriously then, since he's going to leave soon ;). He's probably had a laugh about it after the match.
    If CSKA isn't happy with his commitment they may just bench him directly, why not.

8. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    The purpose matters the most here. He didn't do that to humiliate Honda but because he felt his team needed something else in the middle of the park. He's the coach, he decides. Honda might be Lionel Messi for us but he has no special status in Russia. He can feel the way he wants but Slutsky is not to blame. It's one of these days in a career.

9. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    #2009 Majster2, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    lol, the coach who played him every time he barely even could stand. It felt like for years he was the real Slutsky's man on the pitch even though he wasn't team captain. Play in every game this season -> get subbed out after some 30 minutes in the last game. He probably won't shake hands with some of coaching staff after the end of the season. It was probably politics and it came from above. But after all he could have a worse end there being benched or not in the match day 18 from the summer.

From the press - it looked like CSKA is Honda's team. No Hondy, no fun. Pretty convinient for everyone around the team to blame him, probably a player with the most professional attidue to his work in CSKA and maybe in the entire league, that he isn't giving off his 100% knowing that he couldn't get prepared to the season in the normal way due to CWC and later on he played, literally, every 3 days this season which surely didn't help.

Something's odd.

Now all he have to do is go for the dinner with club officials and later go to club for fun with team mates, make all preparations for flying back to Japan and that's all.

nakata101 repped this.
  10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I don't believe Slutsky can pull of something like that but your post makes sense if you believe he can. He's been really loyal to Honda over the years so I simply can't believe it.

Still it's pretty weak to use this moment as a way of saying "Japanese shouldn't go to Russia". OMG all they risk is playing four years somewhere they are trusted and paid good money, avoid it at all costs. Go sit on a german bench instead.

11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No matter what the real reasons are, it does look like a dick move on Slutsky's part from the outside. After 4 years you'd think Honda has earned a long enough leash to excuse a crappy half hour. CSKA and Zenit are earning the RPL a reputation as a very tricky league for foreign players, especially in terms of off-the-pitch issues...if you want to go to Russia and roll in the dough, do so at your own peril.

12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You don't sub a player after '30 unless there's something serious, it's very uncommon and of course it'll get at the player.
    I could understand if he was literally sucking, which no, he wasn't, sorry. And, let alone doing that during a 0-0.
    It has nothing to do with "being special", he's not the newest rookie too.
    Guess what: it even didn't change anything judging by the result, so it turned out ineffective even from a tactical viewpoint, which at least we can have a good laugh on.

Having seen the match, I can hardly say Keisuke is "to blame". It's a shitty decision if we even consider it was even his last league match (in good faith we think it's a coincidence, or at least I do), and it'll just leave more bad blood.
    As for Keisuke's lack of commitment, hey, what goes around turns around, I guess.

afaik that's exactly what In-Sung Kim has done at CSKA, so it doesn't make a real difference. Of course Honda benched in CSKA would have been laughable, considering he could probably retain a starter place in most of the top clubs. It doesn't mean that "japanese players are trusted in CSKA" though, so moving there is a risk like anywhere else.

13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    yes it is and no, you can sub a player after 30'. If he feels he needed he changed he had every right to do it. This is not about Honda, who is going to leave soon as a matter of fact, but CSKA. This is not about agreeing with it, we're not judging the intelligence or the effect of the move, but the morality. And it is in fact very moral if he felt the circumstances of the games necessited a change.

This is just an early sub FFS. don't make mountains of it. Honda was offended but he's not the first to be subject of it and he won't be the last. He's slated to play the next game, what a betrayal.

wow, guy who was a nobody is still a nobody after he signed for a big club, how about that.

14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's harsh for no reason. Omae wasn't a nobody and yet Dusseldorf they let him rot on the bench.
    This Mr. nobody was picked up by them in the first place, so they probably saw something, but he never played. It's always a gamble and CSKA is no different...

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Y ... es that's why I picked a german example. But Kim In Sung didn't have the references Omae had, far from it. He was a second division player I believe.

16. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I watched the entire match including the 37 minutes that Honda played. For the time Honda was in the game, Krasnodar dominated possession and were getting many shots on target against Akinfeev. Honda barely got a touch of the ball in the short time he was on the field. He was not making bad passes or making vital mistakes. He simply didn't have the ball much.

Now you can blame this on bad positioning or whatever it may be, but it was the same for every other CSKA player. Krasnodar jumped on them from the get-go and in my opinion, it was hardly Honda's fault alone. It was a bad performance by the entire team.

And guess what. They got scored on without Honda on the field and lost the game. Dzagoev didn't make the magical difference that Slutsky envisioned.

What Slutsky should have done was wait until halftime, make a few strategic adjustments, let the team play for 10 more minutes, and then decide if a sub was needed. You just don't rip your star player off the field like that (at 0-0 nonetheless) when it really wasn't his fault alone that the team was playing bad. One substitution wasn't going to change much and it didn't as shown by the final score.

And it really annoys me to think some of the CSKA coaches and Russian media has the nerve to say Honda isn't trying anymore or he has lost motivation. This is one of the most professional players a team can have. Honda takes his job very seriously and has worked his tail off for 4 years in a league that no one watches outside of a few crazy fans like us and the Russian population. Hearing blasphemy from a coaching staff I respect is the last thing I expected.

I'm not gonna sit here and cry all day about it, but that's my opinion on the whole situation. Let's just get the game over with on Tuesday and pack our bags for the new Milan thread.

nakata101 repped this.
  17. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, only the media is actively conducting a hatchet job on Honda. Slutsky is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but that's not really anything new.

18. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    To tell the truth he stood for him after the Bayern game defending him after those perfect chances he couldn't finish...

19. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dax repped this.
  20. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  22. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

23. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    CSKA logic: Let him on the bench in his last game ever for CSKA even though he started all the previous games. Thank god it's over

[​IMG]

24. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nothing quite says FU on your final day of work for a club like the bench. Well done CSKA.

25. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    At least there won't be any injury.

Samurai Warrior and Dax repped this.