2011 worlds best leagues

Discussion in 'Statistics and Analysis' started by la saeta rubia, Jul 23, 2011.

1. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    IFFHS FIFAS official statisticians have announced the 2010/11 Worlds best leagues.Heres the top 6

1 SPAIN,
    2ARGENTINA,
    3BRASIL,
    4ENGLAND,
    5ITALY,
    6PORTUGAL

2. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Germany not it. The IFFHS really consumes good dope. :D

3. Qwaszx1234

Qwaszx1234 New Member

Jul 15, 2011
    München
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think it should probably be
    1. Spain
    2. England
    3. Germany
    4. Italy
    5. France
    6. Brasil

4. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well its obvious you are really not eurocentric.
    You obviously have agood knowledge of how the Wiorl;d is panning out

5. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    The table makes at least more sense than Argentine at rank 2. Don't get me wrong, the league is not bad, but ranking it better than the EPL. That needs an explanation. Neither market value of the players, number of national players, match speed is higher at the Argentine league ... thus ranking the EPL lower can only be explained with massive drug consumption by the IFFHS members. Nevertheless the Argentine league is a good league that produces good footballers and has a good level.

6. Qwaszx1234

Qwaszx1234 New Member

Jul 15, 2011
    München
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not eurocentric it's just the truth, while I do love Santos, I'm almost 100 percent sure they will lose to barcelona. Definitely brasil has a fantastic league as does argentina and many other countries but if for example you look at the club world cup winners, the last four have been from europe. In general players who play in europe make more money than other places, that motivates players from other leagues around the world to play in leagues like serie A or the premier league.

7. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [QUOTE In general players who play in europe make more money than other places, that motivates players from other leagues around the world to play in leagues like serie A or the premier league.[/QUOTE]

Well at least you got something correct.What motivates South Americans to leave Europe is not quality in Europe but money, guita, cash nothing else.But as Europe becomes less and less important in the World today less and less South Americans will move.Over the last two years more players have returned to Argentina and Brasils premier leagues than left for the old continent.The biggest move by a South American this winter is Concas nove from Flumimense to Guanfzhou where he will earn over 6 million dollars a year.So maybe little by little we will see a liittle less arrogance from the likes of you.Lets be honest we havent seen a top class team from Germany outside of Bayern in in in well maybe a century

8. DCUnitedFulham

Jun 1, 2011
    Philly
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Argentine League is good, but if you look at the 2011 Copa America squad for Argetina. One player played in the Argentine Leauge and the other 22 play in Europe. Even for Brazil, 7 played in the Brazilian League and the other 16 play in Europe.

9. Qwaszx1234

Qwaszx1234 New Member

Jul 15, 2011
    München
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The same is true for the Uruguay football team in which 16 players play in Europe and only 7 don't. While the power of european clubs may be waning, for the time being they are as a whole still better than most other clubs in the rest of the world. Also if you look back at the previous winners of the Champions league Dortmund won it within the last 15 years, Hamburg withing the last 30 years and in 2002 Bayer Leverkusen were runners-up.

10. DanFla

DanFla Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Brazilian league is better than German and far better than French league.

11. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Can't take the Argentine league seriously when all they do is keep changing their rules to accomodate River Plate. That league is a complete joke.

12. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree Grondona is a jerk but The Argentine league continues to produce excellent futbol and players like Norway produces fishermen

13. Cirdan

Cirdan Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Jena (Germany)
    I doubt that, but there's really no way to be sure in these intercontinental comparisons.

14. BarraUru

BarraUru Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    I wonder if you even watch Brazilian football

15. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Brasilian and Argentine futbol are incredibly competitive 10 different league winners in Argenina in the last decade and River relegated.
    compare this to Europe 1England Manchester Utd and Chelsea and maybe now City thats all that matter.2Spain whose going to be third?3 Germany Bayern Bayern Bayern maybe when they are too busy fighting each other Dortmund can challenge every decade4 Italy sorry i mean Milan5 France well does it really matter.
    the European leagues are a joke all that matters on the old continent is the Champions

16. BM-Hattrick

BM-Hattrick Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Bundesliga had 4 different Champions during the last 5 years. Stuttgart, Bayern, Dortmund and Wolfsburg. It would have been more polite to first look up the facts before you comment on a certain league.

17. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apologies my ignorance has been proved

18. BM-Hattrick

BM-Hattrick Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Apology accepted:D
    But you are officially allowed to continue your beating on the EPL, they really deserve it:p

19. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Heres one from Santos president Luis Alvaro Ribeiro yesterday when rejercting Madrids 43 million euro offer for Neymar.
    But you might not like it
    "The times are finished that European clubs are owners of the World"

20. BM-Hattrick

BM-Hattrick Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well I do like the fact that Madrid didn´t get their will. I have no love for them as it is the spanish tax payer that subsidizes most of their silliness. And as far as I know "European Clubs" have never been the owners of the World. They were just the richest, most prestigious and well known clubs that were able to field the best players from all continents. Therefore most of the footballing world is following their games and their struggle for the Champions League and I think that won´t change during our lifetime. But el Presidente is right when he says that they are not owners of the World.

21. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    When Argentine clubs start signing the likes of Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta etc., just one, then you can start banging your drum, but for now the majority of the best South American International players play with all of the best in Europe, in La Liga, EPL and Serie A.
    Each of these leagues has a top 5 that are far superior in strength, depth, global fanbase and finances than any club in Argentina.

22. DCUnitedFulham

Jun 1, 2011
    Philly
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that is the big difference. When the great European players want to go play in South America than the Argentine league will start being included with the likes of the EPL, La Liga, and Serie A. However, right now all the best Europeans stay in Europe and a lot of the best South Americans go to Europe as well like Frosty said.

23. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well we are going to see these Europeans in 2014 in south america for the first time since 1978.Its going to be interesting to see how they do.
    I merely reported the fact that Argentinas league is officially ranked second best in the World and the Brasileiro third.
    We are talking about leagues here not Barca or Madrid or Milan and Inter.These leagues are highly competitive unlike the European leagues which are two or three horse races.Lets be honest the average South American first division player is way ahead of anyone who plays in the likes of Fulham

24. DCUnitedFulham

Jun 1, 2011
    Philly
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree with that. Even a midlevel team like Fulham is loaded with international quality players. Here is just some of the players and the caps they have with their international teams. Schwartzer, 89 Australia, Stephen Kelly, 25 Ireland, Salcido, 91 Mexico, Hangeland, 70 Norway, John Arne Riise, 96 Norway, Senderos, 42 Swiss, Damien Duff, 87 Ireland, Aaron Hughes, 76 Northern Ireland, Dempsey, 77 USA, Simon Davies, 58 Wales, Dembele, 33 Belgium

I have nothing against the Argentine League. It is a very good league and obviously Boca-River is one if not the best rivalries in World Football but to just dismiss the quality of smaller clubs like Fulham as being weak is not accurate. A couple of years ago they got to the finals of the Europa Leauge.

25. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Didnt need to offend but River were RELEGATED with internationals such as Juan Pablo Carrizo,Jonathan Maidana,Walter Acevedo,Matias Almeyda,Mariano Pavone,Erik Lamela,Diego Buonanotte,and Alexis Ferrero who with respect have all played for Argentina hardly compareable to the two Irelands,Australia or Norway.Also Roman,Diaz and Ballon are Paraguayan,Uruguayan and Peruvian internationals.
    Neither do I have anything against anyone else but the World is changeing and more and more of our top players will stay in South America.