Rumor: 2011 Viola Transfer News and Rumors

Discussion in 'Fiorentina' started by NickyViola, Jun 7, 2011.

1. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wish they had the balls to freeze him out of the squad.

2. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else think Babacar gets sold?

3. Danne

Danne Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Sorry, but WTF. Zohore to Fiorentina? I know he only will play for your primavera team. But still man.

For 2 months ago he was playing U 19 football with my little brother. And he is really not good. Not at all.

But well. Good luck with him. I own all you guys a beer if he ever will score for Fiorentinas first team.

4. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Munari was sold to Sampdoria.

5. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I guess Ajax screwed up the El Hamdaoui deal? Frustrating, as I think he would have been a good addition.

6. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Yup. And Pizarro didn't get his passport on time. Zohore goes to our Primavera side and Babacar gets loaned to Racing Santander.

7. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who plays up front behind Amauri and Jovetic? Ljajic?

And, do you see a future at Fiorentina for Babacar? I honestly don't as I think if they saw anything in him and wanted him there now would be the time for him to show something.

8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    he is looking like the Okaka of Fiorentina both had alot of potential but came to nothing.

9. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Overall this seems to have been a pretty disappointing transfer window.

10. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    does anyone have the details of what went wrong with hamdaoui's transfer?

i think he's very solid and was going to be a very nice addition

11. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ^^Something about a failure to get a bank guarantee? I'm sure Nicky has more info...

12. Maarek

Maarek Member

May 10, 2009
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Estonia
    Yes, this is information presented but strange is that almost same thing happened during summer transfer when he was supposed to be sold to Espanyol.
    Everything was almost agreed couple days ago but they came out with bank guarantee issue yesterday only. Seems to me that they actually don't want to get rid of this player :D

According to Corvino they waited until 18:38 to ask bank guarantee. 20 minutes before deadline :eek:
    http://www.football-italia.net/node/15269

13. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ^That's ridiculous if you ask me. You would think they would be willing to offload this player considering he plays with the Primavera squad.

14. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    At first it was looking like incompetence on Corvino's part. Now my best guess is that El Hamdaoui and his agent were trying to milk Ajax a bit and so they flubbed it intentionally at the end to hit back at them. That's pretty much the conclusion I have drawn from reading a dozen or stories about it.

15. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o9zw3IjaNQ"]01-02-12 Corvino fine calciomercato.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

Corvino explains the El Hamdaoui (non) deal. He then goes on to say that he always works to improve the squad and that it's tough to construct a squad for a 3-5-2 from a 4-3-3 as we needed more attackers.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzOp9Z9Gxak&feature=plcp&context=C3bfd978UDOEgsToPDskLYffwc6mC0a-lkVaZT4Qh1"]Corvino su mercato Fiorentina - YouTube[/ame]

16. Maarek

Maarek Member

May 10, 2009
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Estonia
  17. rearviewmirror_

Jan 4, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'll give my $.02, even though this may get no replies. As a neutral (feel free to blast me for being way off base), these are the additions I feel are needed for Fiorentina, keeping in mind that Hegazy is also on his way.

1.) A partner for Jovetic
    2.) A left wing back
    3.) Central midfielder (or two)
    4.) Bring back Cassani

18. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I think that lb is honestly one of our stronger areas with pasqual and Vargas. I do expect Vargas to leave this summer, though, as I always do. We also still own Gulan and we have a very good primavera lb named Rozzio if memory serves.

I think Cassani is still Rossi's first choice, he's just been injured a lot.

Definitely agree on one and three.

19. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For once I'm not too concerned about the back line. We have a lot of young talent. Pasqual could maybe use competition but like Nicky said we have prospects, and Pasqual is a good player even if he can be frustrating.

Priority needs to be striker and central midfield. Is the Pizarro deal definitely dead?

20. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I think that we gotta get a DS first and no DS worth his salt is going to sign a deal with us until he knows -- for sure -- that we are going to be a Serie A side next season. As soon as that as assured then we can really start to talk about specifics.

My $.02

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  22. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    You bumped this thread?

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sorry, thought it was 2012 -2013 thread as I couldn't find the other one for this season until now....I'll post it there.....apologies..maybe we can edit those posts? Thanks!

NickyViola repped this.