2011 Stadium Rules(changes)

Discussion in 'Philadelphia OT' started by PhillyUnited, Feb 10, 2011.

1. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you forget idiots that post complaint threads about house.

Its never lupus

2. JINX_1391

JINX_1391 New Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Doop

Doop Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Things I hate:

People who put up House graphics with medical conditions misspelled.

4. JINX_1391

JINX_1391 New Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixed.....i will wear my fail face the rest of the day..

5. CopaMundial

CopaMundial Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what you're saying is that you would probably NOT back the suggestion that we all sit quietly and wear black t-shirts for our first national TV game as a show of protest unless we get free BLT sandwiches?

6. JINX_1391

JINX_1391 New Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are said t-shirts free as well?

7. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else notice this little jem while browsing the Union site. Stadium dropdown has a link for "In-seat delivery"

I click it, and it's a new business - www.mangia.net - food / merch / beer service to your seat. It's brilliant.

8. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was available last season too. Never tried it though. Usually ate at tailgates.

9. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it's news to me. Gotta try it at least once.

10. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Logistacally I think it would be tough to limit the supporter's gate to just the River End. I never used it last season because I was in 110. I moved to 104 this year and could see myself using it this year because it'll be easier to get to my seat from lot B through it compared to walking all the way around to the shop side entrance. I think it'll also save me some merch money as well. :)

They did change the opening time to 60 minutes before kick off. I'm not keen on that but feel like disallowing anyone other than RE people to use that entrance would further congest the other gate. Plus I'm paying more than the RE people, they should give me a special entrance first. :D

That was a joke btw...

The people going through that entrance get access to the club and are paying over a grand a season. I'm not going to begrudge them being able to go through a special entrance 30 minutes before me.

11. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, so spending lots of money gets you a privilege. Standing/chanting/singing for 90' and still spending money doesn't. Got it.

12. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At Parken in Copenhagen you were severely limited in where you could go in the stadium based on where you entered so you had to enter through a specific gate. At both Craven Cottage and Stanford Bridge the entrances were designed to ease the flow of people and to segregate opposing fans. Plus both stadia had four specific and separate stands. Our stadium is open with a single concourse so a specific entrance makes no sense other than to make certain people feel special.

I know some people were upset to hear some blow back over the SoB's "special treatment" last year. I am pretty sure that people walking to the stadium would be a little more than pissed if they attempted to enter there and were told they needed walk all the way around to the other end so I think the fact more season ticket holders sit outside the river end would get that rule rebuffed fairly fast.

That's pretty much the way it goes, not just in soccer, but in life...

13. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought we were talking about 'The Supporters Gate'.

14. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And?

15. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure 'life lessons' or whatever that was apply in stadium managment scenarios. Thanks anyway though.

16. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree. You seem to feel that having a VIP entrance, for those paying a premium, was somehow unfair because the "Supporter's Entrance" is open to people sitting outside of the Supporter's Section. It really shouldn't be a surprise that economic interests play some sort of role here. If you pay a thousand dollars a seat, you get treated differently and no organization is going to grant that same sort of privilege to about 1800 paying the lowest price simply because they stand up and sing.

17. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So this gives me the right to enter with a caravan of prostitutes carrying me on a bed of made mink fur, with a marching band and elephants and a mobile flying trapeze, and be able to cross the entire field to my seat, where each person (and animal) in my party will sit?

AWESOME!! I CAN DO WHAT I WANT!

Ladies, ladies, you're both pretty, you're both going to prom...

sorry for reviving this thread and starting the whole gate issue again.

18. MyCynideCathrsis

Feb 20, 2008
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or, like I've said a few times before, divide the gate with Non-River Enders entering on the left and River End ticket holders on the right. Funnel those sitting in TRE towards that section but do not block it off completely, that way it still allows both parties access to the concourse. There is no special treatment of either group with this way and it would allow supporters to enter with flags, banners, etc.

19. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont want to be funneled anywhere when i walk in bc my first move is usually a hard left to the bathroom since there are none in TRE. want to talk about treatment... there are no pissers TRE.

20. MyCynideCathrsis

Feb 20, 2008
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not quite "funneled" more like directed towards one way with the complete freedom to head left or right. I am right with you on that one though, the first thing I do is head to the bathroom, and then I grab a beer.

21. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really care if it's fair. It would just make more sense for crowd control to designate entrances.

22. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would agree to designated entrances IF you couldn't just go anywhere you wanted anyway once inside the stadium... So traffic into the stadium becomes funneled, but then traffic inside the stadium is still semi-chaotic. Especially since "real parking"...that isn't a dust bowl.. is majority on the south side of the stadium anyway.

23. Doop

Doop Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This isn't the million supporters march, it's 18000 people FFS. :rolleyes:

24. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh? If you were paying attention, people were talking about having the Supporters Gate actually act as The Supporters Gate so people can bring in flags/banners, etc. without having to get to the stadium 3 hours before the match. Thanks anyway.

25. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess they could do that, but there's only 2000 people in the river end. There are another 8000 or so seated on the south to west sides of the stadium. Of those 4,000 might find it easier to enter through the Supporters Gate. I don't think it eases flow to move only the RE people through that gate.

Even if you split the gate, there's more people, potentially, going left or using the walkway behind the RE to get to 137 and beyond (who can't have flags and banners) than there would be going to the RE. I just think it would be a logistical headache to subdivide the line and get people in. It also could over load the south west gate. I also think there'd have to be more pat downs and checks on the RE side to ensure that ONLY the legal stuff gets in. You also avoid the "well he has a flag why can't I" stuff.