2011 Season Finale

Discussion in 'Wilmington Hammerheads' started by longballer, Aug 20, 2011.

1. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had great time last night, despite the loss in PKs. Sat in the PCF section (for the first time) and they're really great. Good songs, good spirit, a great sense of community. They never quit. Always fighting for the Blue & White. They could teach all the other supporters groups a few things. The Hammerheads are fortunate to have such enthusiastic fans. Many thanks to the PCF for making the game more fun.

Kudos also to Coach Irving and all the lads for making a strong run in 2011. I think there will be more good things to come for this team in 2012 and beyond. I look forward to seeing them play next year, with the PCF!

Cheers.

2. mbsc

mbsc Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad you made it over, although I wish you could have met everyone (for further reference, I was the weird looking guy with the long hair and glasses.) Attendance was actually a little down due to opening night for High School football (but still a respectable 3800+) and the Firm was in fine voice.

[​IMG]

A tough way to go out, but tempered by the fact that this time last year I was checking message boards for scraps of information if the team would ever return. They did, and in about a month and a half Coach Irving put together a team that would take second place in the league. I'm still hoping to make it up to Cary for at least one Railhawks game, job permitting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]