2011 NPSL General Discussion

Discussion in 'NPSL' started by athletics68, Nov 10, 2010.

1. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Re: US Open Cup draw

Are we talking an away game WITHOUT TAKING THE PLANE for the Blues ?

:D

3. SheffWedFan

SheffWedFan Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Blues are at home ;)

But yeah, it should be interesting. For those who don't know the history of this, the Blues are owned the Mansouri family, who were co-owners of the Hollywood United PDL team in 2009 and 2010. The Mansouris pulled out of the Hollywood ownership group over the whole "USL2 West" issue (the Mansouris wanted to turn pro, HUFC's owners did not because of how badly USL2 West was being organized). In the end the Mansouris started up their own team in USL Pro, while Hollywood eventually moved from the PDL to the NPSL.

This is the first time we've played them since the split, so it will be interesting as both teams will REALLY want to beat the other. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the game as I'll be travelling back from a business trip to San Francisco that evening... so I hope we win! The likelihood is that, if we win, we'll probably be playing Ventura Country Fusion (PDL), and then if we beat *them* we'll likely have a matchup with LA Galaxy!

4. Gareth

Gareth Member

Dec 13, 2000
    I think Doxa Italia might have something to say about that. I think Doxa beats Ventura, and I think Hollywood takes it too, just so you have another familiarity breeds contempt tie.

5. messi_DemiGod

messi_DemiGod New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Does anyone know how the playoffs are going to be structured this season?

6. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Yes, I remember these talks about a possible USL2 west

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    0-0 tie for the NPSL side.
    Seacoast United Phantoms vs. NY Athletic Club (NPSL)

In the first game, the men’s NPSL squad took on visiting NY Athletic Club who entered today’s match having played only one game so far this season. The majority of the first half took place in the middle 1/3 of the field, with both teams playing similar styles. “The teams were so evenly matched, neither team had any real chances,” said head coach Iain Scott. Scott advised his boys to look for just that one opportunity, which nearly came at the 90th minute when the Phantoms broke in on a 4 on 3, crossing the ball from left to right finding Colin Smith just right of the penalty spot. Smith’s shot was put on target, but the NYAC keeper made a phenomenal save to keep the game scoreless.

Scott noted the outstanding effort of center midfielder Caleb Paterson, “Very energetic, best I’ve seen him play.” Ryan Dunn was also mentioned for his stellar play at the back.

8. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    msilverstein47, the most useful posts are those that have some content and then a link to back it up or to read more. Just posting links does little to interest readers in clicking on it.

FYI

2 people repped this.
  9. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol....

or you can just copy and paste the info and provide the link at the end for confirmation

10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been warned more than once about my "copyright violations"...so I'd rather just copy and paste the link, but thanks.

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My version:

The Morris County Colonials' unbeaten run of four games came to an end
    this weekend when the hosts were overturned by a strong New York Athletic
    Club .

==
    that's all we want. Just little info on what the link is about.

13. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but if you copy, "quote" and post the link then no one can "warn" you since you're not doing anything wrong

just do what panic said, and if you weren't at the game or just wanna post info then post the scoreline or headline

14. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^winner winner chicken dinner. Thanks msilverstein47. ;)

15. Chris De Fur

Chris De Fur Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Forgive me for not sifting through every post, but I am in a big hurry.

How many teams qualify for NPSA playoffs out of the West?

To put it more bluntly, which teams are playing for the playoffs this weekend?

16. SheffWedFan

SheffWedFan Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hollywood United have already won NPSL Northwest. We will secure the entire Western Conf and #1 seed for the playoffs if we beat the Rattlers today. Assuming Sonoma beats Real San Jose tomorrow, then the winner of the Sacramento-Sonoma game on Sunday will decide second place in the NW. A tie will also be good enough for Sacramento.

San Diego Flash have already qualified out of the SW. Flash will win the division if they beat the Rattlers tomorrow. Second place will most likely go to Santa Ana Winds; the only way they can miss out is if they lose both their final games (one of which is against Hasental), in which case Hasental will qualify.

San Diego Boca cannot quallify because Santa Ana and Hasental are playing each other, and no matter what happens in that game it will result in one of the teams having more than 22 points, which is the max Boca can attain.

17. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After a three-week break from their schedule, the New Jersey Blaze men are gearing up to play FC Reading Revolution in their first of five remaining games over a ten day-stretch. With four of these five match-ups taking place away from home, this trip to Pennsylvania on July 8th (7:00pm) will be one where the Blaze hope to build up momentum that will undoubtedly test the strength and depth of the South Brunswick-based squad. FC Reading Revolution have proved to be a much stronger side than they were in 2010, now sitting just one point behind league leaders FC Sonic after ten games. With the Erie Admirals sitting three points behind them with two games in hand, a win is imperative for the hosts if they are to claim the Keystone Conference title before closing their season at home to Erie on July 10th.

18. El Conductor

El Conductor Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Chattanooga
    Club:
    Chattanooga Football Club
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, there, hippie. Where's that seeding info coming from? Seems to me, Chattanooga would be the choice for #1: only repeat from last year's final, and a virtual home field advantage in Huntsville.