2011 New York Red Bulls Roster

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Thomas A Fina, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ??? For what and to who?

2. redcomet

redcomet Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Club:
    DC United
  3. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    How many times we hear about the # 10....

We send Kandji to Colorado for Ballouchy because he is a play to play box players and bla, bla, bla I really don't know what the fuc*k is that...

Backe/Soler bring Solli with that idea too and at the end they play him as a RB that isn't his position and isn't doing any good over there...

After that they bring Teemu (the man with the Cristal legs) and he isn't a # 10 either..

After that they bring DeRo the salvation man who will be the really missing link because Mr Bull wasn't and isn't the man ...

Then they change they mind and exchange DeRo for McCraker because he is more # 10 than DeRo and will be the man solution and because is only 24 he will be in the mouth of the fan (calling him hey mother ********er move) for several year to come..

Now coming directly from the "tomb" Nielsen and because his expertise as a box to box player (that I don't what the fu*ck that mean) he will do make us to forget the # 10 that we has been looking and asking for more than 6 years.....

6. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Solli, Teemu, and Dax were never brought here to play the #10 role. De Rosario was, and Dax came in because Backe knew it was time to scrap that formation.

And anyone who thinks Nielsen is going to play a single minute for this team ever again is a far greater optimist than I am.

7. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is amazing that our diamond formation last year with Tchani and Rafa worked so well we shoiukld have been just able to add pieces to the puzzle rather than starting allover again.

8. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    That wasn't really a diamond formation last year though, if anything it more resembled what we have now with Dax and Teemu. They both start pretty deep and take turns moving the ball forward. Even when Lindpere played in the middle last year he was a little too deep to really consider it a diamond.

The diamond only works if you're outside guys are willing to bust their ass tracking back, and our guys didn't do much of that this year. Lindpere has been covering a ton of ground but its much higher up the field than we saw of him last season, and Richards has always stayed high up in case he has the opportunity to make a run in behind the defense.

9. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Metz,

#1- Solli was brought in because he had great versatility and from the beginning I predicted that he would be used at RB, but could also fill in in the middle of the midfield and at right mid. Backe had also mentioned the possibility of using him at RB. This was a good signing because #1- He is better than Albright and yes with Albright back on the team he can now also fill in at midfield which I believe will happen at the next game because Richards is out. ...and Solli is doing well as at least a couple of people picked him as a player that could have been an all star.

#2- Teemu. Give him a break. He is far from Kandj. Backe hasn't given anyone a rest and he until now has not been able to sit out to get healthy. Ok he is not a #10, but we knew that when he signed.

#3- De Ro- OK now that was a mistake, but not because of the original trade, but because of the stupid one after that and not having given much thought about next year. That ended up being Tchani for Dax (not good). They should have just kept De Ro and go with him for the whole year.

#4- Carl Robinson- You forgot this one. He is the only coach in the league taking up a roster spot. Signing him was a big mistake. I mean really. Don't they do physicals.

Nilsson?? Well, I am still holding out hope that he plays by September. If by some miracle he does, we would actually look quite good with some real depth.

Just picture this of course believing in this miracle-
    Henry Rodgers

Lindpere----McCarty Tainio Richards

Miller----------Marquez-----Ream--------Solli

---------------------Rost-----------------

With a bench of the following- Agudelo, Nilsson, Albright, Ballouchy, Coundoul, Mendes and one of the following (Hertzog, Rooney, Kassel or Keel).

Now that would definitely have 4 players that Backe would use as subs. If Nilsson ever got healthy, I could definitely see him move to left mid and Lindpere to the middle and McCarty to the bench which would be a big boost.

10. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Oh man, just think of not only having serviceable bench players, but ones that can actually be used to mix up tactics during the game!

11. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An excellent signing since he is versitle, experienced, and thank god we got him because when Albright went down what would our options have been?

An excellent player who has been run into the ground because everyone else was at the Gold Cup or injured. I love this guy.

Are we forgetting just how frustrating it was to watch Tchani play? Toronto didn't seem to value him too highly in the end either. "Oh yeah, but he has upside. He COULD BE great one day." Please. If you are trying to win NOW and have a chance to add one of the greatest MLS players of all time you make that trade 10 times out of 10.

IMO the mistake here was letting him go for Dax. IMO the team played like crap cause we were injured and missing starters. Not cause De Ro was crap. Regardless the trade essentially becomes Tchani and some other guys for Dax. Not great and we probably come out a little in the loss column, but I would make that gamble again.

No excuse for this. He's not that good, he's old, injured all the time, and expensive. A terrible move. Probably the worst of the Soler/Backe era.

Every team on the planet invests in talent that struggle with injuries. This guy is ours.

Yes, there are very frustrating things about this team and it's management, but let's have a little perspective here everyone.

12. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    When Backe announce the coming of this players he insinuated that he will be able to make a formation to substitute the need of the # 10, that is the same to bring a # 10 or say that they come to sub the need of the # 10....

13. Ilvinotinto

Ilvinotinto Member

Apr 8, 2008
    New York
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    There is no replacement for a #10 , they can only hope that the team have enough man going forward to allow the most creative players to score. At this point, there is nothing creative about Baullochy and Limpere is being overworked at every game.

For next season there needs to be a creative player who can help out and we need to get rid of a 39 yr old golie who simply is worth too much money. There are cheaper alternative who can provide the same level for performance. It seems at this point that Backe is always willing to overpay for a European player and giving a blind eye to the market where all European look in , South America.

We need young and capable players, I enjoy Solli , Limpere and Taino yet I think we have reached our limit in age. The next players to come need to be younger than the ones we have.

14. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need palyers that can play once the wetaher gets hit and humid. Don't think we have them here in solli and tainio.

15. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First season blues. I'm sure they'll be adjusted for next year.

De Ro: Either the trade was a knee jerk reaction to some bad results or our system didn't fit him. Or both. At the time I said we should have held on to him. Looking more and more like that was the right call.

Off-season: I'd actually like to dump Marquez. Is that crazy? I just don't think he's the right partner for Ream and I think that freeing up some of his salary could add some other pieces to the team.

16. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Diamond formation isn't a sub of anything is a different formation that eliminate the use of a single person as a attacking midfielder....that eventually you can say that is a kind of substitute for a # 10....

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word is you guys have traded a second round pick and allocation money for Stephane Auvray.

18. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your take?

19. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly it's probably a bit of a win win, Auvray hasn't even been practicing with KC since just after the Gold Cup and was going to be gone at the end of the season probably anyway. KC got something for him and New York got some depth help. Draw back for you guys is his salary.

20. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    For me if you will ask me to bet in this bull shit, I will tell you that the RBNY are in the 16 place order of the play off or in another words, they are out the play off this year and they don't have any chance to get in it from now on..... Not even with all this big fucarrus names like: Rost, Coundoul, Rafa, Miller, Richards, Paullo, Rooney, Solli, Teemu, MacCarty, Bull****, Henry, Rodger, Robinson and Nielsen the RBNY is a fiasco.....

21. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Not gonna argue that the team is in a bit of a crisis now metz, but how on earth can you lump Henry into that group of "fiasco" players.

He'd be league MVP if he had a competent central midfielders and defenders.

22. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually I thought he was very good for us last night. Great workrate, played some dangerous balls. A few bad decisions cause I think he was trying to do too much, but nothing nearly as terrible as Ballouchy. I'd actually love to see him start the next game.

23. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I don't point any one of the players, what I say is that the team in general even with all those players that suppose come to carrier us to the promise land and win the MLS CUP still is a fiasco.... Maybe is the costume of doing this for 16 years and now they can't shake that ugly habit of loose....

24. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See, I think in other circumstances, most of those players wouldn't be a problem (only Rost, Robinson, Paullo (for the money we pay him), Nielsen, and of course Balllouchy need to go)

It is, once again, management that has totally ********ed up over. Again.

25. leparisieng

leparisieng Member

May 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The main issue with the salary cap is to find a good balance with quality and quantity of players in the team.
    In my opinion, Backe and Soler thought they could easily win the Shield and the Cup with 11 good players on the field and less good ones on the bench. There is a lack of balance in that team.