[2011 NCC 2.0] Whitecaps vs Toronto FC | May 18th

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by bdon, May 17, 2011.

1. bdon

bdon New Member

Aug 16, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [​IMG]
    VS
    [​IMG]

Date|Time:Wednesday May 18, 2011 | 7:00pm PST

Venue:
    Empire Field | Vancouver, BC

Forecast:
    Sunny, 18C
    TV Broadcast:
    [​IMG]

League Position & Form [Last 5 League]:
    Vancouver: (1W-0L-1D)
    Toronto : (2W-0L-0L)

Last Meeting:
    We all know how that ended!​

2. JohnnyRanger

JohnnyRanger Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    TFC will be a much improved team over what we saw in MLS matchday 1.

They actually know each others names now, and Aron Winter is getting some decent play out his reds.

The Caps on the other hand are struggling with form, injuries, and depth issues, and for the first time in Vancouver large swaths of the fan support are questioning his player selections, substitutions, and formation/style of play.

I'm going to predict a loss at home for VWFC, 2-0. Unless gargan starts at left back, in which case it will be a 2-2 draw. ;)

3. bdon

bdon New Member

Aug 16, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i see a tremendous return to a form we have no idea of keeping, i expect it to be tigheter then 4-2 obviously, but with what looks like our strongest side since the opening game(i know that gets said alot) but i think a 2-1 win, but hoping for a 1-0 sneaker!

4. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

Toronto wins 2-0...after which various posters on the Southsiders board will come up with a tonne of excuses why the team lost, none of which will be the fault of the coach.

5. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    gonna be at the match tomorrow (through the groupon deals ;))
    hope it would be good match.

good old rivalry
    good old taunting lol.

6. bdon

bdon New Member

Aug 16, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ha! even i wanted ot buy that group on and i allready have season tickets lol

7. marcopaulo

marcopaulo Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Vancouver
    Whitecaps were very unlucky. The officiating was awful and so was Teitur's decision making. The Whitecaps were creating chances with Camilo, Hassli and Chiumiento combining on several occasions. Just before Hassli scored, Teibert was ready to come in and I think that would've been a smart move to put him in for Salinas. When Hassli scored, Teitur sent Teibert back to warm up. He then takes out Hassli for Salgado. Hassli looked fine and he was very dangerous and combing very well with the midfield. Putting in Salgado basically limits the team's attack as he is not as versatile as Hassli so it seemed as though Teitur was content with 1-0 lead. I'm not saying Toronto would not have scored if Hassli and Camilo stayed on, but it sure would have helped the caps chances of scoring another goal. Salinas was disappearing as the game went on and Teibert should have come in for him before Hassli or Camilo would come off. Teitur has been frustrating me with his subs lately, I just don't understand them.

8. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

I took a beer over the head at this game.

9. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    I think TT has to take out Hassli, as he just missed a game with a hamstring and isnt 100% fit. You can't push these types of injuries a full 90 on turf without risk of further injury.

10. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008

for once i agree with you... but it begs the question as to why the Caps have soooooooo many hamstring injuries-- TT and the conditioning coach need to solve this problem as its affecting the playing availability / performance of so many players

11. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    I am thinking it it the Empire Turf; it really isn't great quality.

12. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Honestly, I can't say who will win tomorrow, both clubs are struggling with injuries.

One thing I can say is that this will likely be the most exciting NCC final yet.

13. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Long Tan is out for the game too; so this will make their depth even thinner.