[2011 Matchday] Whitecaps at Real Salt Lake | 2011 July 16]

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by whiteisthecolour, Jul 14, 2011.

1. whiteisthecolour

whiteisthecolour Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    [​IMG]vs [​IMG]

Date|Time:
    Saturday July 16, 2011 | 1:00pm PST

Venue:
    Empire Field | (barely) Vancouver, BC

Forecast:
    Rainy, 18C

TV Broadcast:
    [​IMG]

League Position & Form [Last 5 League]:
    Vancouver: 2-10-8, 14 pts, -9 GD [WLLLL]
    Real Salt Lake: 8-3-6, 30 pts, +11 GD [DDWDW]

Last Meeting:
    Whitecaps 0-2 Real Salt Lake​

2. JohnnyRanger

JohnnyRanger Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    This is a home game in Van WITC: not in Sandy ;)

3. whiteisthecolour

Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    *wiping egg off face*

Just lost 15 degrees. How do I look?

4. whiteisthecolour

Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Intriguing storylines:

- who'll actually take the field for us?
    - Jarju...worth the "major announcement" tag?
    - We're home in the rain and RSL has to come visit. Breakout performance?

5. whiteisthecolour

Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm cautiously optimistic. This seems like one of those games where we've lost so many times we're bound for a decent result, and RSL has played so well their due for a letdown.

That's a bizarre way to put it, but I'm gonna call this a 2-1 win for Vancouver.

6. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Referee: Geoff GAMBLE
    MLS Career Stats: 5 games, 3.6 Y/g, 0 R
    MLS 2011: 5 games, 3.6 Y/g, 0 R
    Assistant Referees: Daniel BELLEAU and Frank ANDERSON
    Fourth Official: Paul WARD

All-time Vancouver matches with Gamble as referee:
    FIRST MATCH

All-time Real Salt Lake matches with Gamble as referee:
    FIRST MATCH

7. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Game cancelled in case anyone didn't know yet.

The temporary grass they put in for the Man City game doesn't really have drainage. It is unplayable today with all the heavy rain (nice ********ing summer we are having).

8. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez, hire some professional groundskeepers.

9. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

It's because they laid down real grass over the fake stuff for the upcoming meaningless game against Man City. It doesn't drain.

10. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

PS. You lot in Salt lake are a bunch of whiny bitches aren't you? I especially like the whiners saying the game should be replayed in Salt Lake. Naw, I think the players would like to play in front of a full house.

11. Hardtcore

Hardtcore Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Kearnshaw
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here, there, really anywhere, we're getting 3 points. At least you all were smart enough to call the game and not injure players on a tore up field like the Slimers vs cRapids game.

12. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. yeah, a mid-season vacation to Vancouver sounds like a wonderful thing for a team chasing the supporters shield. I wouldn't expect you to understand.

2. Traveling expenses for not only the team, staff, commentators, tv crew, etc but also the fans (which were quite a few from what i've read) need to also be taken into consideration. They all made a trip out there to play/watch a game and you guys pulled the rug out from under them.

3. There are zero dates left in the RSL schedule that don't require the team to play on less than 4 days rest and/or interfere with FIFA international date(s)

4. Who the hell installs a field (permanent or not) in the pacific northwest and doesn't make sure it drains? Are you working with the 2022 WC in Qatar people or something?

5. Attendance talk is really quite pathetic from a team that has 14 points from 20 games. Cool, you get a lot of people to your game, you're still shite. How long til you guys turn into Toronto 2.0? No wonder you guys were more worried about the friendly against City, you are terrible in league play.

now, you were saying...?

13. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

1. Blah, Blah, Blah. You guys are Real Salt Lake, not Real Madrid. A bunch of nobodies in the grand scheme of things. Get over it.

2. You had fans travel here? Well they should think themselves lucky that they have the money to travel great distances for a road game. If that's all the problems they have in the world then I really have no sympathy for them.

3. Big deal. Think I care?

4. You make it seem that Vancouver is the only MLS team that has ever installed real grass over their plastic surface. You want to get mad? Get mad at the MLS for allowing (preferring) that it's teams put more importance on meaningless friendlies with big clubs over league games. You are getting mad at the wrong people.

5. Attendance talk is not pathetic when you are talking to a whiner making a big deal over how a postponed game is going to ruin life for his MLS team, when nobody else in that city seems to care. As for arguing that the Whitecaps have a shitty team and few points, well you make yourself look stupid. Proves that Vancouver cares about it's team even though it sucks while Salt Lake can have a supposed great team that doesn't draw.

...now as I was saying.....how about you go back to tending to your twelve wives (half of them underaged) and leave us Whitecaps fans here to talk soccer. Go bitch on your own forum.

14. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Any word on a makeup date?

15. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about this, Toronto pays Salt Lake's travel expenses. I'm assuming Toronto didn't pay Vancouver back when Vancouver's game in Toronto got rained out, so its only fair Vancouver not have to pay Salt Lake. But if Toronto pays Salt Lake everyone's happy (well, except Toronto, but who cares about them).

16. canyonvue

canyonvue Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    What do you mean we don't draw? We draw very well. We have one of the best attendances in the league.

And I too think it sucks that now RSL will have to play a mid-week game. Who cares if you don't care. Karma will take care of that. :)

As for the fans who traveled - meh, I don't care, that was their choice to travel. Why don't they just enjoy the trip?

17. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    When they found out the game was cancelled, how much of your city did you burn down?

18. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if you'd saved money and made the trip to SLC and we'd canceled the game because of an act of stupidity akin to not realizing it might rain in Cascadia, you'd be totally fine with that? Good to know.

Oh, and considering your attendance thus far is a whopping 2k more than ours last season, in a metro area that's twice the size of Salt Lake, you may want to reconsider attendance smack.

19. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

It was too wet to burn.

20. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    People from Utah are quite odd and terrible at trash talk, dont you think?

LDS for life!

21. JohnnyRanger

JohnnyRanger Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    This is a debacle...and it is VERY mickey mouse, both from the WFC and MLS management.

I feel bad for RSL and their fans... I know because this mismanagement of the field and schedule ruined my weekend too! :mad:

22. whiteisthecolour

Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Krammerhead and I are often on the same side of the fence, but I'm with you on this. I think RSL is a great club, and am glad to see how well they draw, and how well run the club is. I was really pulling for you in CCL.

I apologize that our FO are a band of elitist bumblers (Barber excepted - I like Barber). Our fans deserve better, and so do travelling opposition supporters.

The FO of this club would be a lot better without Lenarduzzi - I used to be a fan of his (for mythically sentimental reasons), but the bigger the club gets, the more obvious it is that he is small-minded and arrogant. I recently talked with a guy who coached in the CSL, played at the national level, and knows Lenarduzzi (and his backroom shenanigans) quite well. He confirmed everything I've been think about Duze lately, and told me even more about his general douchyness. With a bigger club and a more important role, it's just going to his head.

Nashy - fire the Duze! You're too classy to be associated with that guy!

23. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    What do you expect from pologamists, nudists and mormons? entire state is backwards.