[2011 Matchday 3] Whitecaps vs Sporting KC | 2011 April 02

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by whiteisthecolour, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you team have trouble with cramps the first home game on that turf? Have all visting teams had that trouble as well?

...Good Game, you guys should have been up at least 1 first half, losing a 3-0 lead stings but we flat ran out of gas and were only up because Teal is a beast, hope the MLS demands a big chunk of money when he is sold. Going to be awesome when you guys get your place.

2. JBiz14

JBiz14 Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Lethbridge
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yes BC Place is downtown.

[​IMG]

3. SAFC Yank

SAFC Yank Member

May 15, 2007
    Bellingham, WA
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    The Whitecaps haven't mentioned any cramping, but at present Empire is the primary training site, so its fair to say they have an opportunity to adapt.

Give Teal his due, a pair of quality goals in a very hostile environment.

4. JohnnyRanger

JohnnyRanger Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Cramping!? You mean Time wasting by a team that thought they were home and cooled off, and then panic mode set in, as once Chiumiento came in KC was chasing.

MOTM was Nielsen. Made a few good stops, one circus stop, had a few blasted right at him...

MOTW could have been Bunbury, but he sort of disappeared midway through the game.

5. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    to put it in the words of our famous reserviest, Child Please.. If you grew up in Scottland (assuming by your info) you probably didnt play on plastic carpet, its really hard on your legs if they arent used to it.

If you are trying to waste time you dont get subbed off, you get hte magic water and come back on... Chiumiento came in right before Arnaud went off (#22, rarely ever comes off), once Arnaud went off the midfield was a wreck

6. ShevaDani

ShevaDani Member

Jul 14, 2009
    MIGHTY EUROPE:D
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCCN7VA2BIQ"]YouTube - Stunning comeback and Carl[/ame]
    funny this carl:D

7. leftcoastkicks

Aug 20, 2009
    Vancouver, BC
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Carl Valentine!!! Fantastic!

8. PG Tips

PG Tips Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Valentine! What a great vid! What a match! My bro was away on holidays so he missed the match but he needs to see this vid for sure.

9. JohnnyRanger

JohnnyRanger Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I play on the "Plastic carpet" twice a week, every week.

I actually find that it is physically more demanding on your body as far as exertion on muscles etc to play on grass, but physically harder on joints and back to play on field turf. Turf = More responsive/higher impact Grass=less responsive to turns twists etc/lower impact.

You'd think muscle cramps would come from muscle over-exertion/lack of hydration, not from turf... I find nothing wrong the night after a game, it's the day after a game on turf that I ache, and it's my joints and lower back.

My hammy's and calves hurt after playing on grass.

My team has played 20+ games on turf this year and 2 on grass, and we train weekly on turf... there is a distinct difference in the way the body reacts.

10. EricKingh8sTheFire

EricKingh8sTheFire New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys had really great support, I know a few who went to Vancover from KC for the match and they were incredibly impressed.