2011 LA Blues

Discussion in 'Orange County SC' started by ButlerBob, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The turnouts have been horrible as well. I doubt they have broken even.

2. lyhhd

lyhhd New Member

Aug 7, 2011
    would not be surprised to see them fold. the rest of the league is in the eastern time zone and none of them are in a market with two MLS teams... the Blues were not a good business decision. Unless there's a real Western division added next season with other teams in California, Vegas and Arizona, I don't see how a USL team can survive here.

3. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't the plan for them to spearhead the Western expansion? Hold out for a year until the Western teams came into fruition? Even if this was the case, their attendance isn't enough to justify them having a pro team in even a regional division. Seems the revolving door of USL will continue.

4. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know what's even worse? They are playing at different venues. Corona Centennial High. Norco College. Even Pacific Palisades High School, the home of Pali Blues. They are not fixated on one home venue, and I think that is also a problem.

5. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ this is always a problem. I don't understand why pro teams do this, it NEVER works.

6. Mikeyratt

Mikeyratt Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Richmond, Va
    looking at that Norco home field, it doesn't even look like it seats more then 2 or 3 hundred, not that the Blues need all that many seats, but thats just embarrassing to the USL.

7. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scoreless goose eggs. Not a good way to end the regular season.

8. Ravorg

Ravorg New Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    does anyone know when they typically hold their open tryouts?

9. incredibleSE

incredibleSE Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Any news on the Blues? Rumors are swirling but the facebook page just looks like someones personal page.

10. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More...

11. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    In an interview Izzy Sesay stated he cannot wait for the 2012 season, so it looks pretty sure the Blues will be back for next season

12. Jossed

Jossed Member+

Apr 23, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Players are often the last to know. They get told things and never the real story. All Mr. Sesay had to do was look at the 200-300 in attendance during his home games and realize this organization has major problems.

Unless the ownership likes burning money for no reason, they'll drop back down.

13. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    I am sure the ownership loves the ''United Sinkholes League'' ;)

14. ralphs

ralphs New Member

May 17, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I sure hope there's nowhere to go but up. I for one am cautiously optimistic.

15. LA_Blues

LA_Blues Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The LA Blues are alive and well, and we're excited for 2012!

Would like to remind everyone that we were faced with a very challenging task last season, with so little time left between the announcement of the team and the first game. We are currently working extremely hard to change the culture of the club, and moving all of our operations to Fullerton is just the starting point. A lot of things are changing within the organization that we think will ultimately lead to a much stronger bond with the community and increased fan support. We appreciate everyone who came out to our games this year and want to reward our fans by giving them reason to be proud of both the team's performance on the field and the atmosphere in the stands.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not trying to be smart but I always wanted to ask what the word "challenging" means in terms of soccer? The reason I ask is because Commissioner Gerber says it all the time....

17. LA_Blues

LA_Blues Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say the universal meaning of the word applies. In this particular case, it meant that we didn't have much of a chance to promote the team and create a buzz, as there are many strictly operational aspects involved with running a team that plays in USL PRO, a league that is very adamant about those operational obligations being met (as it should be). Given the time constraints, we simply had to prioritize some aspects over others.

18. LA_Blues

LA_Blues Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our open tryouts for the 2012 season will be held on January 21-22 at Fullerton College. All the relevant information can be found here.

19. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    Are the Blues going to play one game in LA Salsa Throwback jerseys with a big eyeball on the front?

20. LA_Blues

LA_Blues Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point, we don't feel comfortable confirming that we will ;)

21. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh no. Please, respect the club. No Salsa kits. Do not want... >_<