2011 Hot Seat and /or Getting Warm Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by bigbounce1, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Hammerhead83

Hammerhead83 Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    SU is in your "top 3" of what?

2. footycoach9

footycoach9 Member

Jan 29, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    actually moved the needle backwards at TTU. Stone took them to the NCAA tournament in 2000 had 4 consecutive winning seasons until PF arrived. losing overall and conference record.

3. saladking

saladking Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    ( Yeah I guess we will never have a truly great basis for comparison between coaches. Ultimately, this forum is great because we get to speculate about jobs and abilities of coaches without the majority of us ever really knowing how good another coach is (for the most part); how would Anson Dorrance do at a UNLV? How would the Pitt coach do at Wake Forest? We just have too many variables and circumstance can mean a lot. The awesome thing is the way in which we enjoy the merry go round and all it entails. )

One of the best comments I have seen on here

4. Lanesra6

Lanesra6 New Member

Apr 18, 2006
    DD has narrowed decision down to 3. Syracuse is in top 3 along with Cornell

5. Hammerhead83

Hammerhead83 Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What position does she play? :)

6. firefanman

firefanman New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    I did watch PF run sessions at region 2 camp and thought they were good sessions. And yes there are many variables. Good coaches at schools that properly fund the program can be successful. Schools that do not fully fund their programs limits what the coach, any coach, can do. I looked at the Cornell website and saw that the former coach did not have much exp before taking that job. PF has experience and knows the east region but I realize that may not dictate future success either. Look at AR. Hired an inexperienced person and was let go. Hired somene that came from a successful program in that region. I think he'll do all right IF they support that program. Look at Akron men. Through the grapevine I heard that the budget was "whatever you need to be successful" and maybe that's not true but money was spent on both programs to be successful. The opposite can be said about CP at UT if we assume that the program was well supported (which seems logical) then in the end he couldn't get it done. I agree this is all assumption and guesswork. Each AD comes up with a set of criteria and then chooses best person for them and program. A successful coach (win/loss record) may not interview well. Lots of variables. Good discussion

7. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Totally agree. We are all soccer coaches and want collegiate soccer to prosper. But at the same time our competitiveness means that we scrutinize every hire. I think at times there is not only surprise but occasionally jealousy that some people seem to get jobs easier than others, but ultimately those of us who keep working hard will get there and will be better for it considering the graft. Life isnt fair as we all know, some coaches get ahead and we wonder why, but in the end hopefully those of us who put in the work will have great careers! And, on that note, who we thinking for UNLV? Any front runners ?

8. Lanesra6

Lanesra6 New Member

Apr 18, 2006
    She is a back.

9. Allaboutthegame65

Allaboutthegame65 New Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I heard the New Head Coach of the Philadelphia Fever WPSL Elite I think, is putting his name in the hat at UNLV, he was on Matt Driver's coaching staff at the Independence and was a big recruiter for Driver.

10. Why Not!

Why Not! Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  11. Hammerhead83

Hammerhead83 Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  12. NutInButNet

NutInButNet Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Any word on names for MC's replacement @ South Carolina?

13. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
  14. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    This is apparently another one of the very good coaches UMBC was afraid to hire. Bobby may have Florida roots from his Tampa days so a move to IMG makes sense.

http://tinyurl.com/78zjrgj

15. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Recent off-topic posts have been moved. Sorry for the delay.

16. Why Not!

Why Not! Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Are you saying that they already have their coach and this is some sort of formality?

I certainly hope not! They'd lose a lot of cred points if they did!

Did people turn it down (and who) or was the pool "really" that weak?

17. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    I don't think you can judge their process by it showing up on that website. I suspect that job post is some kind of foul up. IF it shows up on the NCAA page again . . . THEN I'd think they've failed their search or something.

It sounds like their pretty far along in their process, but haven't hired . . . (based on ZERO inside info)

18. Hammerhead83

Hammerhead83 Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Perhaps a late candidate entry into the process... (just speculation)

19. midwestfan

midwestfan Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Any speculation about Evansville? Chris Cahil (AC) left this week after only one year there. He was supposedly leading the recruiting effort to get them back on track after some less than stellar years. He has gone to Middle Tennessee State. Kirsta McEndree, the HC recently had a baby and I was told was not very active in recruiting this past year.

I know that this program was listed as a possible change on this post after last season. Krista was team captain during the programs trips to the NCAA post season a few years back so I would think she has some backing although I'm not sure.

20. Why Not!

Why Not! Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I would not have disagreed with you unless I saw the re-post on their own HR site!

https://cornellu.taleo.net/careersection/10164/jobsearch.ftl

4th job listed

21. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Unless they are satisfying some sort of internal/EEO requirement that they didn't in the first posting. That's definitely kind of odd . . .

22. justdoit

justdoit Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Who would want the job now? They must not have been happy with the pool they had to re open. PF and CM both must be fuming to be dragged in for interviews then wait wait wait. The present asst Coach is not very happy herself. Bad situation now.

23. Why Not!

Why Not! Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    As for the present assistant, she should be just happy she is still employed! Get real tired of these assistants that spout out loyalty, then submarine the HC once they leave or get fired. She, is part of the problem at Cornell, just face it!

24. SuperSoccer1978

Barcelona
    Nov 24, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Hang on the first assistant has only been at Cornell for 1 year, so I don't blame her for being pissed. To be honest Megan Ramsey is good enough to apply for the head coaching position.

25. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Huh?

The head coach, who is the only thing that keeps most assistants around, is gone. In getting fired, the head coach is the one who severed the compact.

And there is no assurance of continued employment and loyalty by the school towards the assistant that I see. Have they announced the assistant has a job for another year?

Loyalty goes both ways.