2011 FIFA Women's World Cup Final Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Hachiko, Jul 14, 2011.

1. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Whatever.

Just checked CNN which has a terible quality video of few players arrving at Narita airport - here

I remember when they came back from the Olympics, a credittable 4th, and the video whows that they were met by no-one. Now they walk into HISTORY.

By the way, all the media here is talking about it. The TV numbers were enormous too.

2. Flaight

Flaight Member

Mar 11, 2005
    lol... I love that reaction. Hey I thought Ando was your main woman you aren't changing your mind now are ya? :D Good to hear that tv numbers are good too. BTW a trivia that is always UFWC we haplessly ended up with both according to the top article http://www.ufwc.co.uk/

3. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I heard from a friend that a lot of stores are sold out of the Nadeshiko jerseys...

At this point I'm shooting for t-shirts and scarves, hoping my friends/relatives in Japan can get me some.

4. Flaight

Flaight Member

Mar 11, 2005
    There were some vids that I think BlueSamurai linked earlier they said the shirts were practically sold out wherever they visited. Can't go on for long though as I'm sure the capitalist machine is usually quick enough to take advantage of the demand :)

5. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qxyiEhrzOc"]‪All Highlights/ Japan vs. USA/ Women World Cup Germany 2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

At 2:54 you see the German players seemingly cheering for Japan. Do you think they were really rooting for Japan or did they just want the team who beat them to win? Actually, I just remembered Nadeshiko Japan have a couple of players in the Bundesliga so maybe they truly were rooting for them. :D

6. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Keep in mind that if USA had won the title, they would now have 3 titles versus Germany's 2 titles. I am guessing that's why the Germans wanted Japan to win it.

7. Flaight

Flaight Member

Mar 11, 2005
    lol wouldn't you say it's futile to try find one and only one reason. I'm sure it's a mixture of many reasons depending on who. God I'm so good at pointing out the obvious :)

8. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    Not Miyama though. Her PK had "I know we trained together for half a season, but I could take a hundred penalty kicks today and you wouldn't be able to save a single one" written all over it. And as much as I consider Solo an outstanding goalkeeper, that's probably true.

Ando, Tanaka, Yamaguchi, Kumagai, and I guess the list will continue to grow...

Better don't tell him Kozukozu's going to get married as well. ;)

9. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I didn't know Miyama played with Solo before, thanks for the info. Her PK was so calmly taken and sublime. and her pose was so funny. I understand that she took it slowly to disrupt Solo's rhythm, rite? Tactically well taken, Miyama Aya.

I personally like Sameshima. She seem so ladylike when she run, but solid nonetheless. Silent, yet speedy when she ran up the left flank.

Kozue Ando is getting married?

10. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What about Ayu Nakada? He's cute as hell, what happened to her?

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    As you said she switched sexes.

12. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    a) Its a TEAM sport, isnt it?

b) Ando? come on, spill the details, what do you know ?

13. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If you wanna know what Nagasato's fiance looks like

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RYb6msdLQM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]‪???????????????Part4‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Around 9:00.......

A little questionaire in the video about their private lives that I thought some might want to know.

1. Do you have boyfriend?
    Only Iwashimizu said yes.

2.Do you want a boyfriend?
    Everyone, yes

14. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    I just remembered that I forgot Tanaka, so I guess so far it is Ando, Tanaka, Tanaka, Yamaguchi, Kumagai. Who else did I forget?

Oh come on, I was obviously joking.

Looks rather ordinary.

WTF? I hope that is some kind of insider joke? :eek:

15. Flaight

Flaight Member

Mar 11, 2005
    This is getting too complicated for my small brain. I miss the days when it was all very simple and mumf was only stalking Ando lol

16. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    Huh, I thought Tanaka was his first one.

(I tried to rephrase this, but it wouldn't let me.)

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Liars.

18. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    my thoughts too

19. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Ando was mine way before Mumf showed interest in her! Didnt he prefer Miyama?

But I've changed too. Dibs on Kawasumi!:cool:

20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  21. Flaight

Flaight Member

Mar 11, 2005
    I couldn't care for Kawasumi and Iwabuchi before but they climbed up my table now competing for the top spot! :eek: I liked maruyama too she has a nice mix of girly and scary.

22. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    That was me, actually.

Right... and if, let's say, Yano scores some goals in the Olympics next year, it's gonna be her turn? :D

23. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    i am very surprised too. But please tell us why would they lie ?

24. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    It's NONE of the above now.

Did you notice that Sawa's goal got a slight deflection ?

And you forget my promise ?

25. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    So who is this since she didn't score an own goal ?

mumf > I think they don't want to be bothered by private life questions. Only 2 girls out of 23 is just too low.

edit : ah oh okay you consider the deflection as an own goal. haha.