2011 FIFA Women's World Cup Final Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Hachiko, Jul 14, 2011.

1. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    UnePomme, if nothing happens by tomorrow, I will try. It is not easy when the system is new, and nothing is int eh same place as before.

Did we have this Beleza celebration video before ? Kobayashi dances like a bear; Mana is almost as good; I figured out that #25 must be the smallest player in the L-league Nakazato; but who is the #18 who does all the crying? The team list for the day does not have a #18?

2. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So Vegalta Sendai Ladies became the local club? I know TEPCO is gone, so I had my doubts, but the Vegalta SL is made much more sense. Also I think it's great that both 3 important finals have Japanese representatives.
    i.e. Frauen DFB-Pokal Final : (Kumagai) Frankfurt vs Bayern Munchen ,
    French Cup : (Otaki) Lyon vs Montpellier (Sameshima-Utsugi)
    and the UEFA CL Final : Lyon vs Frankfurt .

3. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    #18 is Kinoshita Shiori (U20 member), so this game is not against Chiba, but against Sayama.
    For now the first choice of Iwashi's partner seems to be Doko (U17 member), and she was in China around this game.

I can't find Muramatsu's name in any roster, so she may be injured.

4. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nakasato Yu and Hosaka Nodaka are the same height, both play in the Nadeshiko League, though Hosaka is heavier. In the Challenge League is the even smaller Matsumoto Hotaru.

Vegalta Sendai should certainly be promoted, they should easily get into the top 4, and could well win it. The other contenders would probably be Tokiwagi who don't count.

I updated the description of the goals from last week on my blog, the Speranza goal had to be seen to be believed. I can watch the highlights of the Beleza game tomorrow morning since I live in Iwate and I'll update the post then.

The old thread is mostly back now thankfully.

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    First: you can recognize the players in the drawings by their numbers, although they are the 2011 WWC numbers, not the current ones: now Sameshima, as seen vs Brazil, is #5, while in the WWC she was #15 (she wasn't sure to be a starter over Yano until just before the beginning of the tournament?). The WWC number could mean that this Manga is strictly related to the WWC adventure, although I can't be sure about that.
    I agree, that they aren't greatly recognizable, especially Miyama, that's been made more tall/skinny than she is... ^__^
    But Sameshima is very obviously herself, she even has her typical mole on the left upper-lip, if you look closely... ^__^

I can't find the multi-quote option on this new frame... Hope we'll somehow get it back later, because it's harder to answer to all the threads this way... :p

As it's been said, the importing of threads is still underway: probably ours is one of the harder to import, because, with its 1600+ posts it was more than thrice the normal allowed dimension of a thread on this forum (that shouldn't pass 500 posts). I am confident that it will be back today or tomorrow at max, probably already fractioned in 2 or 3 threads, one of them still active, so I don't want to start a new one for now, before knowing how we get back the older one. But definitely we'll need to start a new one (somehow! I still find everything strange and difficult here... ^__^) if nothing changes by tomorrow.

Anyway, I hope that a moderator will help us moving these last posts that we're writing right now to the new thread, so we don't have to let them her on the 2011 thread. It's been said that the new functionality of the boards should help the work of the mods: let's hope it's true.

Edit: about the Sameshima words on the FIFA site's article, I agree that there was probably a misunderstanding due to translation, and she probably meant that she is thinking about getting back in the club that replaced TEPCO Mareeze, that is Vegalta Sendai, should it be promoted to division 1, as we all hope (as it's been said, its main opponent, Tokiwagi, has shown before that it's got no interest in playing in division 1) TEPCO Mareeze won't be back operating with the same name, but I guess Same meant the club with about the same players, operating in a similar area.

6. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    Was there some sort of artist competition? Because these are very different styles...

I like #3 the least, looks more like QC than anything else. Also, doesn't look like Ando at all.

Not sure about #2, first impression was "huh?", but I might grow accustomed to it. The reflections are overkill, but it might look good in black and white. It seems to have the most character. For comparison:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall #1 gave the best first impression, and it resembles Sameshima closer than the other drawings do, but I'm not sure this style is suited to portray lots of unique characters. Looks a lot like Seo Kouji's style, and his characters all look very much alike (and over-beautified).

Or did I get it all wrong and this is just a one-shot thing? Or even only these pictures? Because in that case, meh...
    They should just expand on the Nadeshiko arc in Area no Kishi.

Edit: other thread's back up, but maybe we should just start a new one?

7. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    It's put as a three months' series in a monthly comic magazine called Shonen Rival.

Miyama Aya Story drawn by Kasahara Tomoe is this month's feature; it continues as Ando Kozue Story by Yamazaki Natsuki and Sameshima Aya Story by Saji Haruto.

Their stories are written by the same person (Kudo Shin).

http://kc.kodansha.co.jp/magazine/index.php/14755

8. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    I see, so basically it's three one-shots, right? That makes a lot more sense. Never heard of this Kudo Shin guy though.

9. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Yes, one-shots.

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, I hadn't quite caught the reference and I was quite "huh!?" like you. Now that I see it aside the photo, it looks quite obvious: maybe the rassemblance with Miyama is not so high, but the matching with the pose on the photo is impressive... ^__^

Yes, probably. Although I somehow wish that these last posts were imported in the new thread and doesn't remain here like some sort of "relict". Does anyone know if there is a way to contact a mod and make him do this?

Oh, by the way, I know that you always have to get accustomed to novelties, it's human, but don't you think too that the old "smileys" were more sober and more likeable than these ones? :confused:

11. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    ^__^