2011 Copa Sudamericana : All Games, Commentary, Results

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by gringolimon, Jun 13, 2011.

1. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    WTF???? Robles slams into Vaca and no call?

2. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yeah.That's the same thing i was thinking. Of course Vaca through himself but not directly at the player. it appears on the replay that the Olimpia player did a little extra and slammed into him and through an elbow out there.bad luck. you guys also didn't take advantage on that one play where your guy could have easily scored.

3. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Their second goal was legit, no problem. Their first was shady to say the least. That shit happens in La Paz and the refs wave it off, no question. The fact that he tried to save the second shot flat on his back probably swayed the ref into not making a call. I have no problem with my boys effort tonight.

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    HOLY SHIT!!!! We don't get a PK call on that mano? WTF???? :mad:

5. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It was a good match and the result definitely doesn't reflect what the teams did on the field.Strongest we're so strong building up play and attacking but frankly there was no definition. That Hand Ball deserved to be a penalty giving you guys a nice little goal going back home. Dude should be fined and suspended for such a criminal handball.i hope you guys bust em up next match because you definitely planned a better match than Olimpia did.

6. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That non call was huge. He's either blind as a bat or paid off. We had our shots and played well. Missed two clear chances. I still say their first goal gets called back anywhere else. He got steamrolled. That was ****ed up.

7. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its clear he couldnt see judging by the way the angle of the handball..no worries if they play like so in la paz they should win

8. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The reason why the ref didnt call it was that from his angle the olimpia player didnt move hard towards Vaca (although the tv does show him giving him that extra nudge) and Vaca came charging way off his line. I agree with you though Chico, anywhere else the Keeper gets the benefit of the call, specially when he slams to the ground and against a player like that. I was shocked as hell the ref let that play on.

As true as time is, Bolivia and Bolivian clubs never get teh calls they deserve for, always against. The hand ball was as clear as Suarez's in the WC.

9. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yo Strongistas, you guys better take this "preseason" win against the Champs and come with everything against Olimpia and represent Bolivia.

10. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We represented in Paraguay, did you watch the game?

11. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the end of the day it was a choke

12. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Explain how since their first goal shouldn't have counted and a tying goal due to a flagrant handball wasn't called?

13. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Chico I think he's referring to the clear chance the strongista had going one on one against the keeper. That was a miss worse than Moreno's or the same.

The miss was a choke, paraguay also missed out on clear chances. In the end it was a loss nothing more nothing less.

I do hope that Strongest rips Paraguay in Bolivia though. I'll be one of a few wearing my Bolivar jersey cheering for strongest.

14. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You did represent in Paraguay but what I mean is get the job done at home and move on to the next round. Good luck guys.

15. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bingo

16. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First half ended with The Strongest up 1-0, playing good. Soria got red carded idk why, they made a karateca reference lol i can only imagine.

17. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I am so ********ing tired of this stupid ass bolivian coaches soria is an idiot, how you gona keep Ramallo on the bench and play chumagol fernandez; this is the same old give our kids a chance. and then you sub in el tank vasquez instead of Ramallo, you should atleast put in Ramallo instead of desouza he is walking.. I am so frustrated with our self hate get our young guys in there......:confused:

18. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'd like to know why Soria got a red. WTF was THAT all about? That was lame sauce. Other than that we had our chances and blew it. Their keeper is pure class though, he saved their asses at least a half dozen times. Outside of Chumita and Aimar we didn't show much. Frustrating.....

19. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Gotta give props (not mad :D) but props to the Bolivian club. Good show old man, good show.

20. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Propz to el Tigre!!!

overall chuma looked good and Soliz did good as well... But Pablito by far did excellent.

the defense was ok (I am being nice) and the offense needs some work! But they played well and i hope they can carry this to the Aerosur and Liga games.

21. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Some observations from watching most (not all) of the game.

1) Tigres defense should be illegal, it was so ugly. The paraguayans should have been up 3 or 4 nil in the first twenty minutes. Do any of our damn teams know how to defend ffs. It's not that hard to mark your man or hustle back on defense. Michael Chang made an excellent tennis career out of not giving up on a play, ever.

2) Was it just me or did it seem like Strongest took their foot off the pedal as soon as they went up 2 nil? No urgency, they just all seemed content and shocker they get scored on.

3) Escobar should have replaced Vaca as our #10 years ago. Sanchez never put him in a position to succeed and the few times he played him it was out of position, while we were playing away from home in bunker mode or as a sub during panic mode.

4) All our teams seem to mirror our full national team on set pieces. Awful

5) Chuma for full NT please.

Overall I'm disappointed. Tigre had plenty of opportunities to finish them off (away and home) but they didn't.

22. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like too many people are a bit too optimistic about chuma...hes good but not THAT good that makes me want to instantly call him up

23. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    From what I've seen he runs...alot. He's good with the ball at his feet and he's a good passer too. He doesn't get muscled off the ball. I'd give him Vaca's roster spot any day of the week and twice on Sunday. What's his downside?

24. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^^^^^^^
    You know what I like the most of this kid, and it's not because I am a strongesta but he puts balls into everygame he plays; I have seen him play both live and on tv, and lose or win I can't remember one time were I saw him give up or not play at %110; I can't think of anyone in the national team at this moment that you can really say that about including Arias.

25. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I think you've become jaded by the ultimate suckitude of our players, chuma is definitely a reason to be optimistic. Besides, I don't think anyone has been hyping him up beyond what he currently is and you also have to consider the guys that are on the national team right now.

I don't think you can tell me with a straight face that Chuma would be a significant downgrade from any of the other stiffs we've been trotting out there lately.