2011 Copa Libertadores: All Games, Commentary, Results

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by gringolimon, Dec 28, 2010.

1. ansuarez9

ansuarez9 Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Arlington
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    damn, nice!! too bad I wasn't able to watch it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwNiD7zcRgs"]YouTube - Oriente Petrolero 3 Gremio 0 Copa libertadores 2011[/ame]

2. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    We need Carlos playing on that wing. All three goals were counter attacks. Carlos distributed that ball nicely and wasted no time. Thats exactly how the nats to be playing other teams; attack when the defense is spread out, don't wait until they regroup.

I wished I watched this game. I fell asleep early and just woke up. Amazing finish for Oriente!

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea the stream cut out for me at the 60ish minute mark.

Crazy that they just now are getting heated up!

Arce is a beast. Too good to be still in bolivia. Wonder where he will go this summer? My guess is back to brasil after ripping gremio UP!

4. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  5. Playaz4life

Playaz4life Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    Oriente Petrolero
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Afte the game, Jhasmany and Ronald Rea were asking Fábio Rochemback, former Barcelona FC player to exchange jerseys.

6. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  7. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    So the great Wilstermann-Traffic experiment is over. Maybe someday some of the players will wear the red jersey when the team returns to first division.

4 points overall was certainly not the goal, but after early positive showings on the road in Mexico and Ecuador, the Inter matches were just too tough.

I much would have rather had this team, than a team of junior players that some hinchas were calling for... my only hope is that none of these players suit up for other Bolivian teams making them better...

Off to Nacional B

1 person likes this.
  8. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Putting my ovbious bias aside, I think Machado, the keeper was by far the best player. He will stay on the team to play the Nacional B, but I would not be surprised if he got offers from abroad. What an under rated goalie!

1 person likes this.
  9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yees, I still remember his saves and crazy ness when with bolivar. Good player, but very inconsistent for some reason, in bolivia.

10. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    La altura affects the ball and causes errors by goalies and makes them not as INVINCIBLE..we all know a couple haha

1 person likes this.
  11. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Now tha I recall, Machado has the dubious distinction of being the only goalie to concede a goal from another goalie in international competition. It was a goal kick and somehow it bounced over him and ended up in the net. There is got to be a youtube video of that, as he was playing for La Paz FC I think.:)

12. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was for the 2004 Copa Sudamericana when Bolivar faced Universidad de Concepcion of Chile in La Paz, Bolivar won 4-2 going on to the next round, i saw that game with my dad, hilarious.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1qLUV-afy0"]YouTube - UDECONCE vs Bolivar[/ame]

13. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Turns out that three of the players brought by Traffic will stay on to play the Nacional B for Wilstermann: Mosqueda (Colombia), Garcia (Peru), and Fabio Minerio (Brasil). Machado will also stay on....

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Garcia..... was that the '10' for you guys?

15. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    yes he was.

16. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj
    i see potential in him why doesnt a first division club from bolivia signds him?

1 person likes this.
  17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I thought Strongest were going to. I have no idea to tell you the truth.

1 person likes this.
  18. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hey Strongest fans, this may be the closest thing to your team making the final of the Copa Libertadores. If you take a quick glance at it, it almost looks as if its' your team. Hahaha

I kid, I kid. I'm rooting for you guys in the copa sudamericana. :D

19. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ENOUGH!!! The strongest shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as Peñarol!!!

Get ready for el mejor recibimiento en la historia del futbol, todo el Centenario in black and gold, the king is back to claim its throne, 9:00pm ET, por la sexta!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b75GeO7pUo&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Peñarol | Video Homenaje Plantel Copa Libertadores 2011 [HD]‬‏[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBmgbj6qWFI&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Peñarol | El Mejor Recibimiento de la Historia [HD]‬‏[/ame]