2011-2012 Serie A campaign (R)

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by phillips10, Aug 27, 2010.

1. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: 2010-2011 Serie A campaign (R)

Well Reja had a great pre-season last season and right from the get-go Lazio was in top shape and it lasted ... 4/5 of the season. We lost champions league qualification to Udinese which they ended up flushing it down the toilet and it irritated us that Reja could not end up getting us the glory. Yes we overachieved that season considering we were almost relegated the previous season, but Lazio were finally showing their true colors. Reja did very good squeezing the potential out of everyone last season, though he still made some obvious mistakes that I even knew what (not) to do in numerous situations in front of a TV or a computer monitor from Canada. The fact that he hasn't won (or at least tie for ******** sakes) to our panzy city rivals does not help his cause either. Reja can be very irritating, yet like you said Nicki, he gets results at the end of the campaign.

2. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

Huge win for your club, especially considering your off the field problems. Klose's finish was surgical.

3. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

Yes big win indeed, 1-1-1 to start the season isn't a big surprise, but each result was somewhat of a surprise. Cesena are decent at home and going down 1-0 early made things difficult. Klose had a great match, his work off the ball and anticipation are better than I thought. I always saw him as a hard worker but more of a poacher, but he's quite good at distributing the ball as well. Ledesma was very strong as well. Cisse was better and didn't pout much. Hernanes was ok, he seems to bee pressing a bit, even his penalty wasn't well taken, but hopefully it gives him some confidence. Diakhite was solid, Dias as per usual as was Konko. The RB situation is a little shakey. I don't trust Stankevicius but I do like Lulic, hopefuly Lulic can grab the job and hold it. Marchetti did well, he almost stopped Mutu's breakaway, he was confident tonight.

4. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I wasn't able to catch most of this game and couldn't find a good feed. I am really happy Lazio ended up securing then3 points and if Lazio can beat Palermo at home, the situation with reja and his results can be out of the dirt. We have a lot of good players on our team and I can trust reja in time will find the best mix.

5. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

Palermo's defense really sucks. I can imagine you guys scoring a lot against them.

6. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

I can see Cisse and Klose lighting up Palermo. Still Mantovani, Balzaretti and Silvestre is decent on paper.

7. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

I have only watched your first half so far but you guys look like you really miss Mauri.

8. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Yes Mauri is really being missed on Lazio. Mauri is the guy who likes to create chances in the middle of the field where against Palermo we were putting way too many crosses and were too predicatable. Still we had enough chances that we should have put away at least one and way more positives came out of that game than negatives. These games do happen so I am not taking this game to heart as I did with Genoa who I rate poorly.

9. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

I rate Genoa really poorly, too. Palacio is going through a great run of form right now and when that runs out, so will they.

10. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

Someone should change the title of this thread.

11. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

That's a good idea, but the Lazio moderators don't post here anymore. Perhaps a new thread?

12. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011

They became Roma fans.

13. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Fixed the title for you.

Guarda-Redes, quit trolling the Lazio boards otherwise you will receive an infraction.

14. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I really thought we deserved a PK near the end there when Diaz tackled Silva in the area but your boys played excellently. Lazio seemed really fatigued for much of the second half and I really thought we'd pull it out. Oh well.

Good game.

15. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Yes a solid win, we seem to own Fiorentina as of late, the game couldve gone either way both teams had excellent chances and Klose finished the last one. Hernanes goal was pure class, he's been playing quite well in the past week. Marchetti came up huge with that miraculous save.

Cerci looks great for Fiorentina, it's easier to root for him in Viola than giallorosso.

16. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just because Silva's looks are so hard on the eyes I wouldn't give him a penalty shot call either.

It was a good solid game between the two teams and both teams deserved a point, but finally.. friggin finally... does a result go Lazio's way.

P.S De Silvestri should come back now that Lichsteiner is gone. I would be glad to give him first team play now

17. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Sold!

Honestly if Cassani isn't injured on national team duty I can't see De Silvestri getting much playing time.

18. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Do you not think highly of Lorenzo?

He was a big thing in the Lazio community but he was being unprofessional how he demanded playing time over Lichsteiner and was eventually sold under value. I even remember he had a glorious opportunity to put the game 2-1 this weekend but missed.

19. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I was stoked to get him. He honestly seems worse now than when he arrived, though. He's a really horrific crosser of the ball. It would be hilarious if he wasn't on Fiorentina.

20. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Lorenzo was higly touted , but I've been unimpressed with him as well. He's decent going forward, but his final ball is brutal as you say Nick. Defensively he works hard but his technique is poor at angling attackers and he gets himself in bad position alot it seems. However he is still better than Stank and/or Lulic and he's Italian I am all for giving a home grown talent a spot over a foreigner if they're of equal talent.

21. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Well it's derby week and we really need to end this losing streak against the Wolves. 5 straight and really each game could've gone either way, terrible luck coupled with terrible finishing and Roma capitalizing on their's has led to that.

We got them where we want, sure they're playing better as of late but Luis Enrique's men haven't gelled yet. I expect Hernanes to have a big game here, Klose and cisse should be able to get the better of Heinze and Burdisso. I think the boys will net Reja is first derby win, if not except the fans to storm Fiuggi.

22. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    /\ Fiuggi is just a peaceful town that Lazio mapped out to hold the majority of their practices in preseason. Lazio practice in Formello

Anyways, I love how Capitano di Merda is talking all this crap about Lazio recently and is not even playing. Last game I remember Lazio were throwing Totti around the pitch like a rag doll and not 1 Merdista was even backing him up (especially when Ledesma absolutely threw him, that was hilarious). Its funny how every derby that theres talk Totti is injured and doubts of him playing. He's a classless coward.

Anyways, its up in the air right now if Klose is playing in this match. He has been a huge threat for us and it would be a huge blow if he does not recover in time. Lets hope he is match fit. If not, Rocchi should have his opportunity to get his 100th goal in the beloved BiancoCelesti uniform

23. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Linden and San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. What a ride. :D

24. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Klose man....setting up to be one of the greatest summer transfers
    congrats

25. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What a beautiful derby! Finally the aristocrats of Rome has succeeded. Justice.

This win was overdue and how overwhelming this win was to Lazio and its fans. I am livid about this match and I think with a bit more luck and precision from our strikers this game could have been much greater than a 1 goal win. Still this last gap winner was sensational and the city of Rome should be proud.

Forza SS Lazio 1900