2011-2012 Serie A campaign (R)

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by phillips10, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Re: 2010-2011 Serie A campaign (R)

aiming top 4 is fine, but you are aware next year only top 3 are going to CL?

2. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

If I read correctly before, it'll be the following season 3 spots are for chMpions league, not the upcoming season

3. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma

You are incorrect, it's starting from next season. Top 3 go to CL

4. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Shit, burns more knowing Lazio missed out on a marvelous opportunity. And it kills more that Udinese don't even intend to contend in champions league, just wants to sell their best players, will damage also Serie A. damndamndamn

5. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

whether you or udinese qualified wouldnt have made any difference.both of u would go out in qualifiers as u will be facing one of arsenal, bayern munchen, lyon, villareal and another very good side with high uefa ranking..

so stop telling us that lazio not qualifying to cl damaged serie a. the only way the damage wouldnt have happened is if we roma qualified, as we had high seeding and wouldnt have faced any of those top 4 teams i named..

6. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

whether you or udinese qualified wouldnt have made any difference.both of u would go out in qualifiers as u will be facing one of arsenal, bayern munchen, lyon, villareal and another very good side with high uefa ranking..

so stop telling us that lazio not qualifying to cl damaged serie a. the only way the damage wouldnt have happened is if we roma qualified, as we had high seeding and wouldnt have faced any of those top 4 teams i named..

7. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma

Don't troll Henchbag

8. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Thank You DDR, I almost read Queerbag's full post. I'm sure its evident I can't stand you glory-hunting flagwavers who don't understand the histories of our clubs or else you would understand what a ********en team you guys are, so seeing some kind of discipline sure can prevent a spark here.

That is my polite response, I'm actually surprised I haven't gotten a yellow card yet from the Riomista ignorant responses yet.

9. morenz

morenz New Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Club:
    Juventus FC

watch AC Milan vs Lazio live streaming (Fri September 9, 2011)

10. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

Instant impact Klose and Cisse 2-0 Lazio 22'!!!!!!

11. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

Terrible defending by Zauri, basically just flailing his leg allowing the ball to get past him and lead to Cassano and Ibra alone on Marchetti. 2-1 the boys are looking good, keeping possesion and frustrating Milan, though Antonini looks dangerous down the left.

Must keep our heads we've seen many times this squad loses focus after great starts.

12. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

Correction Bizzarri is between the posts.

Damn 2-2 Cassano with a header off a corner. Zauri is beaten again :mad:

13. Byronic

Byronic Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Copenhagen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

Get Lulic in instead of Zauri.

14. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

Hernanes misses a sitter after a great feed by Konko

15. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

After watching the replay of that one a few times I'm convinced that he didn't really have a shot on that play.

16. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

Milan pressing now, cassano asking questions everytime he has the ball. I'll be happy with the draw right now.

17. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Wow. What a letdown 2-0 up. After dominating the majority of legit chances early on, Zio Edy went right back to his 2010-2011 tactic and went straight back to his turtle shell approach. But thats what will happen when you play the reigning champions in their ground. The quality with the fans behind them will always push them.

Its too bad Zauri is still with us and caused both goals. I hope he apologizes for his incompetence and for even thinking he can play against ACM. Radu in and we would have probably won this game.

Konko looking good, very lively going forward but had his hands full with Cassano in defense so I wont be so quick to judge him.

Stefano Mauri back with ihs assists. Very valuable to Lazio.

Cisse Klose, I hope this is just the beginning.

to conclude, im happy with the point. Its a new team, new mentality and I hope this game keeps Lazio on a high for next week vs Genoa in Lazio's Stadio Olimpico.

18. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

2-2 FT

Good result albeit a disappointing after Cisse's brace.

Squad looks good, Brocchi and Ledesma both played well and supported the defense well in their own third. Konko played well as did Dias and especially Biava. Hernanes was off, but he worked tirelessly and tracked back well several times. Cisse played well and worked hard but I worry his attitude will get to his teammates. He seems to be selfish at times and to get on players cases when they don't make a proper run or pass him the ball at the right time. Klose was solid as well, scored a fine goal and is the opposite of Cisse and is a real team player, but i question his durability. Rocchi, Kozak and Sculli are decent to bring off the bench if need be.

All in all good start picking up points in Milan where we usually struggle mightily. Demote Zauri now, how bad is Garriddo for Zauri to be ahead of him!

19. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  20. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Thats ********en fantastic. In my opinion, Mauri was our MVP last season and was last game for Lazio and now we must do without him. Big Loss early in the season.

21. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

Yeah. Huge loss. That's too bad.

22. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

Terrible loss at home to Genoa. Lazio dominated the first hour or so but Palacio's goal really set the collapse in motion. Not sure what Marchetti and Diakite were doing on the second goal that was terrible defending. Still not sure why Reja took Hernanes off for Ledesma, Hernanes was making things happen and without Mauri there's no reason to take him off for Ledesma.

I am somewhat worried Cisse could bring this team down, his attitude can get to players. He's a good talent but he constantly flails his arms in disgust when a player doesn't make the run he wants or doesn't play the proper ball to him. Klose was ok, he's a selfless player who seems to be in excellent shape, but he did miss a sitter early on off a Lulic cross. Lulic was great in the 1st half and non existant in the 2nd but a definite upgrade over Zauri , Brocchi was solid as well. This team is more talented than last season but they seem fragile mentally.

23. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

Yeah that's something that's always bothered me about certain players (Mutu for example). I would much rather have a guy who is at least applauding the other player for the effort and the creativity. No one -- and I do mean NO ONE -- executes perfectly on every play. That includes Cisse.

24. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

what a disappointing game. btw Rob, look again, it was not Diakite's responsibility on that goal. Dias and Lulic both half assed that Genoa rush and didn't take it seriously. Then Diakite tried to swing over from his right half of the field but needed a couple more seconds to get there in time to intervene.

All you guys have said are true. Cisse is also disappointing that game but would only criticize others. This is going to result in a smack in the teeth if he keeps this up.

Lulic had a great game but those two goals were his fault which were his only downfalls of the game. Genoa bit us hard when they got a chance, yet we could not capitalize on some very legit chances.

-----

Reja has handed in his resignation papers but Lotito will not let him go. I cant tell you how I feel about this. There are very questionable tactics that he makes(i.e Cisse as a winger, Hernanes off at 60 minutes, Ledesma not starting), yet he had an amazing campaign these past two seasons with us. I can elaborate more on this but I in no mood to type paragraphs. I hope Reja stays for the moment but he has to understand that this criticism isn't coming out of nowhere. Its valid criticism and when he gets things wrong, its very irritating. We are SS Lazio 1900. We expect big things and Reja wants to sit on 1 goal leads all the time despite having the momentum with a superior team which don;t always work out.

25. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

These sound like very similar complaints to the ones Napoli fans here on BigSoccer had concerning Reja when he was the manager of that club. Similarly similar (hehe) is the impression many of us had that, despite the criticisms, his results were pretty good. I actually think that he over-achieved at both clubs even if I, obviously, don't follow things as closely as fans of those clubs do.