2011-2012 NBA Regular Season Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by riverplate, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Give Peace a chance!

2. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's got to be at least a 5 game suspension.

IMO he should be banned til next year.

3. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Crazy fourth and now going to OT. Down by 17 abd got the lead. We kept missing free throws but Kobe makes two back 2 back 3s. I cannot believe Hill Blake and Ebanks played the fourth snd Bynum is benched.

4. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Jordan Hill? Ebanks? Blake in fourth and double OT?

They came up big time.

Ok enough regular season games. Bring on the play offs.

5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He's gotta sit for at least the first series. Anything less is a joke.

6. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know what the norm is, but a seven game suspension sounds harsh. Plus, there is one more game in the season, so that would be 8 games.

Does anyone think that the elbow was intentional? That should make some difference.

7. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    There's no doubt it was intentional.

8. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Seven game suspension is light. Artest cocked an elbow, threw it hard with all his body behind him, and at the opponent's head. Had Harden turned his face as the blow was being delivered, Harden would have had his face caved in.

Plus Artest has a history.

15 games seems like the minimum to me, and I would hope for more.

9. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's hoping that ESPN/Turner Sports can up their game and match what NBC has been giving us for the NHL Playoffs. Not sure if any of you are hockey fans, but their coverage has been incredible through the first round of the playoffs.

10. TinManJoshua

TinManJoshua Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first series?! That's getting off easy. Given his history with suspensions, I would hope he doesn't see the court again until next season.

As much as I'd love to pretend that the Malice at the Palace didn't exist you have to take into account his involvement there when weighing the level of punishment here. He swiped JJ Barea's face last year in the playoffs, you have to look at that as well. He's not correcting behavior that yielded him a full season ban once already, is one playoff series going to make him see the light?

I don't think he's stable enough to be in a testosterone driven environment like professional sports. I'm not calling for Stern to ban him from the sport, I just don't think any punishment RonRon will receive is gonna have an impact on what he does and how he does it.

11. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    By the way, Harden might be out for a while ... the NBA has a pretty strict policy about returning from concussions.

Wow the Lakers looked terrible for 3 quarters. Old, slow, last decade's team against this decade's team. Great rally. (It helped a bit that OKC didn't have Harden.)

I don't see the old dogs doing it for 4 games, with the opposition having the home-court advantage, but there was some bite in them yet.

I really really really really want Kevin Durant on the Bulls. Eff Dwight Howard. Durant please.

12. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    According to the ESPN commentators, he actually passed the concussion test, but they still held him out.

Unfortunately, it seems like thats the next step considering all the things he's been through, that you mentioned.

13. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Watched a Youtube segment of this and then read the posts. Like a KKK rally. If I were a black guy, I'd be pissed knowing that so many crackers are still around. You'd think they would have died off by now but not so, new little crackers to replace them.

14. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    :confused::confused::confused:

15. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Haha, missed the Zimmerman thread.

16. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    On the positive note... although Artest was on form and we need his defensive prowness in the playoffs, at least Hill and Ebanks have demonstrated that they are worthy back ups and could somewhat cover for Artest's absence.

No doubt. I lol'd when I saw Artest's twitter message.

First bold - give Artest what ever punishment that is consistent and such, but the sad part about all of this is that Harden is out (do not know how long but he is out). Much like Artest being on form, so was Harden, and his contribution to the team is imperative to their play off success. I hope he returns soon.

Second bold - agree. It actually took two youngsters to change the scope and speed of our game to match their pace. That is when we started not looking so old, slow and decades old.

17. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    It's the internet man. Youtube, yahoo news, etc.. comments are filled with racism. Nothing new.

It has never died down. It's just that now they get to hide behind anonymity in the interwebz.

Racism is alive and well all over the place.

Anyway what Artest did was horrible. And him trying to explain it to the refs afterwards was even more pathetic.

On a side note the Knick won in Atlanta, another huge game by Melo, 39 points, and Amare was quite good also. Plus Orlando lost. Maybe some miracle will happen and the Knicks won't have to play Miami. :p

18. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Dude, the Magic lost Nelson with a calf contussion. There's a good chance you guys can move up. Im gonna check your schedule.

-++----

Hey pizzaboy, what did Artest tweet?

19. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I read Artest tweet on this .

[​IMG]

20. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    The Clippers at MSG and then the Bobcats in Charlotte.

But Orlando also have the Bobcats at home and then Memphis in Memphis.

Even if the Knicks can beat the Clips in NYC, which would be hard, I don't see Orlando losing at home to the Bobcats.

21. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Haha, Metta, you are a clown. Seriously.

Dude, I think the Bobcats will beat them. You heard it here first. The magic have been dying a slow death, instigated by Dwight Howard.

22. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Preach on then jaja. I think the Knicks can take the Pacers.

23. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I think so as well dude. The pacers have a nice defense, but I think Chandler will eliminate Hibbert from having an impact. -----

Random fact here...

the Wizards were one of just three teams in the NBA with wins over the Lakers, Bulls, Heat and Thunder.

24. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Catching the Heat without the Big Three and the Bulls without Rose did help a bit ...

The Bulls lost twice to the Heat this year (and beat them twice). That was the only team to beat the Bulls twice. The Bulls had a winning record against every other playoff team in the East. None of which prevents their fans from talking incessantly about how the Bulls are not that good and easy to beat. Easy to beat, only their teams never do. :)

25. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Probably did, but that Wizards have been dealing with injuries all year long. We have had 3 player with 10 day contracts on our roster in most of those big wins. I dont think the Bulls have had to go that far, or have they?

I mean, its the Wizards. The way most people talk about us, you wouldn't need a big 3 to beat us.