2011-2012 NBA Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by JohnR, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mike Brown? Geez the guy has the personality of a brown paper bag. I never considered him a great coach. Just average at best. Good record because he had LeBron.

Why is Brown still the Lakers coach.

2. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    the funniest thing yesterday was derek fisher, what an all time idiot. he gave a speech to his team, to make one more point one more rebound one more assist...and he ended up with 0 points 0 assists & 0 rebounds.how ironic..

HAHAHAHAHA

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    He still has more rings than the entire Heat team combined. :D

4. wallacegrommit

Sep 19, 2005
    Similar mistake on the opposite end when Lebron made the key trey. Sefolosha should have been playing the jumper all the way, because there is no way Lebron was going to be able to drive on him, but instead he gives him space.
    To quote Van Gundy from the Reggie Miller documentary where the Knicks fouled Reggie in a tie game to lose- "Our basketball IQ was not the highest in that situation."

5. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    seriously, no one will ever remember him.barkley has no rings, he is top 20 player all time

6. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sorry, not possible. Fisher was a Laker.

7. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Auriaprottu, which team & player you support?

8. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you've just revealed yourself as a fawning Heat fanboy. Derek Fisher is way past his prime. he's probably your dad's age. he holds more respect in the locker room and on the court than virtually anyone on the Thunder becuz he knows how to win Championships.

he's on the court because he doesn't make mistakes at crunch time.

9. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Meh, I said a while back that this seemed like The Heat's year since the beginning. By the way things were looking I thought OKC could take them but doesn't seem likely now.

10. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When the Heat win, and I'm sure they will, almost all neutrals will think that this championship was tainted by poop-stained officiating, and Thunder fans will know that they had their chance at a championship stolen from them.

11. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Can't really kill Thabo too much in that spot, he doesn't know how hurt LeBron really is and LeBron's jumper has been wack all Finals.

This was a good second place.

via Grantland: "Don't flop the flopper."

[​IMG]

12. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Jack Haley has 3 rings.

13. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    as a spurs fan, i will ALWAYS remember Fisher's 0.4 shot.:D:eek:

StiltonFC repped this.
  14. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    thunder fans have no business complaining about referee decisions.

the ref's have favored OKC in every series except this one.

:rolleyes:

15. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Derek Fisher has never been a big scorer. When he was in his 20s he was an excellent defender and an average point guard.

Nobody who saw The Shot will ever forget Derek Fisher.

16. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Duncans shot over Shaq will always be forgotten.:eek::p

Thanks Fish!!!! :D

17. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Duncan's shot was a better shot...by a long shot...:D

18. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Derek Fisher got a crazy contract from the W's and then proceeded to suck. Then he ended up back on the Lakers and won two more rings. He's also a big part of why everyone flops when they take charges. Basically, I'm not a huge fan.

19. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I remember those days, I used to hate the lakers and in particular shaq.I used to argue with a friend of mine how duncan is best player, and better then shaq...but shaq had kobe as side kick while duncan didnt have someone like that.

those were the days..

20. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Everyone keeps saying inexperience isn't a factor, but it sure looks that way to me. The Ibaka bad pass, the foul, etc. Miami just wants it more right now.

I do agree with Van Gundy that the series isn't over yet. If OKC can get a win - although it isn't looking that likely, going home down 2-3 isn't a death sentence especially with that crowd. Sure feels like Miami has the mental edge and just wants it more though. Watching the OKC bigs not help cover is embarassing at times.

21. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    True - those were the days - I like reminiscing. Speaking of which, how old were you in 2004? :) Only teasing. According to Wikipedia, the NBA listed his "0.4 Shot" as the 18th-greatest playoff moment of all time.

22. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    by "the NBA", do they mean players' votes? did Kevin McHale get to vote, and if he did, i say "BOGUS"!

23. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I get OKC is a young team overall. One can clearly observe how Heat experience overshadows OKC's, and how it effectively plays a significant role in the playoffs. I guess I was surprised at how it was not subtle and quite acute change from Harden in the finals.

yeah by colluding with the arguably the next best player and another well established center. Durant and Westbrook could have their time by colluding with Kobe, Bynum, and Gasol.

Sefalosha should have known better. He is a season veteran and great defender.

I know Westbrook's basketball IQ is immature (for lack of a better word). I know he is inconsistent and be makes me bang my head against the wall. But, the blame for the whole foul should not be solely on him. The coaching staff or someone one like Fish or somebody should have told him or address the whole team about the clock and foul situation. Their was plenty of time and the played had stopped for someone to address the issue.

Sippin on hatorade.

StiltonFC repped this.
  24. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    The way Lebron is playing right now, did he really need Wade and Bosh? They are both helping out, but it still feels like it's almost single handed at this point. I was going to ask y'all if he could have won it all with Cleveland if he were playing this well.

As much as I'd prefer Bosh and Lebron didn't get rings - (Bosh's faux tough guy screaming after a layup is painful to watch), this is one of the best playoff runs by a player ever. There may be a small footnote that the Eastern Conference wasn't the toughest this year, but the footnote has to be pretty miniscule since Lebron got so little help most of the time.

And I tease Henchag for posting like a kid, but I gotta give him props - he was right that Heat's superior defense is playing a big factor.

The way they've been defending the paint has been pretty poor, aside from a quarter or two. They don't have the Boston mentality of putting guys on their ass if they get in there.

OKC have been showing their age - and I think they've been overconfident. What was KD doing trash talking Wade?

25. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I got this series wrong because I started my analysis with LeBron = Durant. Now I love Kevin Durant more than his mama does, but LeBron right now does not equal anybody, unless that anybody is Jordan circa 1993. LeBron is crushing it.