2011-2012 CONCACAF Champions League [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by sidspaceman, May 18, 2011.

1. Agapito X Fa

Agapito X Fa Member+

Apr 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    damn Monterrey ni lo pelan :D

Carreño hat trick (quick cap him) and Aldo scoring and some 18 year old Corona

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3i_hPtah9c"]8.17.11 CCL Highlights Herediano vs. Monterrey - YouTube[/ame]

2. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    coronas goal was really nice.

3. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I thought Chivas losing to W Connection in the 2007 Champions Cup was an all time low for MFL, but hot damn this is worse....:)

4. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think you forgot when Atlante lost to Joe Public at home ;)

now which one is worse? :D

5. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Chivas losing to a team of semi pro players...

one of my sub contractors is a die hard Chivas fan...... lets just put it this way....he hated coming to work....

the entire project, we kept ragging on him about almighty Chivas losing to a bunch of fishermen and bus drivers...

we kept asking him how could a team that has personal trainers, nutritionists, world class facilities, etc lose to a bunch of part timers football players?

we kept playing the song "hasta el cielo lloro" and sing "hasta el chiva lloro" and kept making references to Vitor

[​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnqMprzFgA4"]Grupo Cañaveral- Hasta el cielo lloro- en VIVO - YouTube[/ame]

good times

6. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Cruz Azul also destroyed Herediano like 4-0 in Costa Rica a few years ago. I always thought Costa Rican futbol was better than this. I guess they're just going through a bad phase.

Carreño will probably be the Porkchop Orozco of this edition.

7. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    #laverdad

http://twitter.com/AndresCantorGOL

8. Charlie512

Charlie512 Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Texas
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Late Wednesday night, FC Dallas eliminated the final symbolic hurdle, becoming the first senior American soccer team to defeat Mexican opposition south of the border. It took 50 games over the course of 74 years, but the hex finally was broken when Dallas defeated defending Mexican champion UNAM Pumas, 1-0, at Mexico City’s Estadio Olímpico Universitario.

The U.S. national team is 0-23-1 vs. Mexico in Mexico. Before Wednesday’s game, MLS clubs were 0-21-4.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/soccer/...th-mls-first-ever-win-in-mexico#ixzz1VTAy6aFI

I am very disappointed.:mad::(

9. jobsqeu

jobsqeu Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Why? Was it that important to keep the 0-x-x result going?

10. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    I think so. It was a badass stat. No country had that kind of parentage over their rival in all of world football. Brasil didn't dominate Arg like that. Nor Germany over England. Korea over Japan, and so on. All Pumas needed to do was field a more experienced goalie and they woulda at least gotten a draw. The goal came as a result of a goalie miscue. On a shot attempt prior to the goal, the goalie erroneously batted the ball out of bounds, giving dallas another chance close to goal. If u see the replay, u'll see that he shoulda caught it. Pikolin would have.

So then dallas gets another shot and buries it off a rebound. It's not a bad idea to play the kids, but not so many when facing the MML at home. 1, they're not as bad as Central America anymore, and 2, the streak was worth keeping. Pumas didn't need to field an A team to beat them, just a coupla more experienced guys, that's it. But now the perfection is over and we're stuck with that ugly blemish thanks to Vazquez.

1 person likes this.
  11. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You sure about that? :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM0l89dKhbo"]Pumas (MEX) vs Marathon (HON) 6-1 Liga de Campeones Concachampions HQ [18-03-2010] C.F. V - YouTube[/ame]

(at 3:07)

and...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz-JVlmW6jE"]Chivas vs Pumas 1 - 1 Semifinal 12/May/2011 ( IDA ) - YouTube[/ame]

(at 4:28)

12. Charlie512

Charlie512 Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Texas
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah, I think so.

1 person likes this.
  13. jobsqeu

jobsqeu Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    What if they keep it at 1-x-x for the next decade, would that help? It didn't really matter to me, it was bound to happen sooner or later. This is how I saw it happening....the Mexican side would have a bad day/luck, the other side wouldn't and voila end of streak.

I get what y'all mean though, it was a badass statistic

14. Charlie512

Charlie512 Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Texas
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah. It was a badass stat. It fueled that idea that Mexico was invincible at home. Even though it sounds trivial, you must realize that it was mostly psychological. Having 0-x-x stat in all games at senior level whether NT and Club was a huge mental hurdle for the US teams. It went with the idea that MLS teams were grossly inferior to Mexican teams and had no chance to beat them at their own home.
    Often times the psychological state and what it perceives to be 'impossible' has far greater effect than actual real world circumstances. Such as:

Real Madrid getting kicked out of the Champions League in the quarter finals for several years. They had the level to overcome that 'hurdle', but something inside their minds made them lose. This is somewhat similar.

In war a win in a battle over the stronger power, even if completely unhelpful in the long run. Can get an army and a country to think victory will be possible.

The US news report and analysis even recognized it. They made it into a 'symbolic victory' where what was previously though impossible was now only improbable.

Ay ay ay this could have easily been avoided if PUMAS fielded a stronger team. What's annoying though is that PUMAS for a while has been notorious for not taking international competitions seriously and they ended up screwing up.

15. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Monterrey vs Sounders

16. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sounders up 1-0. Monterrey has a full squad too. :eek: #thegapisclosing

17. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol, too early to score a goal, so mty prolly will come back

18. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Member+

Aug 29, 2005
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    1 min left. Somewhere, someone out there is not going to like his team losing to an MLS side. :D

19. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Que verguenza!!!!

20. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This was not a u20 team, no excuse here. Props to the MLSers, and #epicfail for Monterrey.

21. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
  22. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GJa-TUaJjU"]The Dead Weather - "I'm Mad" (Live from Third Man Records) - YouTube[/ame]

:mad::mad::mad:

I can't believe I watched that mess from La Pandilla! Que barbaro!

23. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    Was Suazo coming back from an injury?

His first touch and finishing was terrible.

24. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Member+

Aug 29, 2005
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    que verguenza x2. Pinche equipo chico.

25. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ahahahaha otro equipo chico cae.

Seattle scored and bunkered for dear life, a well deserved win.

Too bad no one cares lol