2011/12 Shinji Kagawa @ Dortmund (GER/CL) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Are you serious? Even Chamakh was ahead of PJY in the peaking order even when Chamakh was in terrible form. Kagawa to Arsenal is a no no.

2. samuraiking

samuraiking Red Card

Dec 4, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    We Japanese are really worrying about his adventure in EPL. :(
    Unlike Korean players, our Japanese players have never done well in the best league in the world.
    Look at Ryo Miyaichi. He had a good start but faded away in the end, becoming another Japanese flop.

3. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No, I think kagawa is Exceptional talent. I mean if sir Alex ferguson wants you already a yr ago, you know you're doing something right. And just for recent history, new united signings for the most part did well in the league there aren't complete bust like (name one). My question is, with berbatov and owen out, kagawa most likely for me fits in as a second striker help with rooney. Then what does that mean for Welbeck and hernandez?. United really need some central midfield players help.

Looking at guardian now, just saw united signing scholes to one yr contract. So what does that tell you, anyway, back to kagawa. With him now likely united's ONLY marquee signing this summer, and all likelyhood that he'll also given 'the number 7 shirt'. Which will equal unbelievable amount of expectation on kagawa. And you just don't know how kagawa will handle the pressure. With just couple of bad games, you're gonna hear it for the fans. But I think park's presence in the team will help kagawa adjusting to the team. Because park would appreciate having another Asian in the team.

4. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You just answered a troll and he isn't japanese, it's obvious. Don't start the circlejerk.

5. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do think Park can help Kagawa, it will make the transition a little easier. But other than that Park is a player way past his prime and on his way out of Man Utd.

Kagawa is a player that performs well under pressure and under the big lights, EPL and especially Man Utd fans will be very critical and judgmental. But anyone who has watched Kagawa play knows he will be able to handle himself and thrive with Man Utd. who are a strong team with amazingly talented players to support Kagawa. It should be Borussia Dortmund all over again, but of course Kagawa will have a target on his back as the new kid in town for other clubs/players to focus on him and try and make his life harder on the pitch, knowing that Kagawa will be wanting to make plays and make a good impression. I cannot wait to see Kagawa play for Man Utd and it's almost unbelievable that it's actually happening, I just hope everything goes according to plan and he paves a new way for Japanese and all Asians like he has already done in Germany.

6. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Would be very surprised if he gets the #7; #9 is also vacant once Berba leaves but I guess Welbeck has the stronger claim to it.

7. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    where are the mods anyway? No offense, but I reported him like 3-4 times already... more than 6 hours ago

8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  9. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What is the significant of the No. 7? I only knows that the no. 10 in football is the Playmaker's shirt number, No. 1 is the Goalkeeper's. I know not of 7, or is it a United's thing?

I read several reports, and all of them said that ManU will pay £12-15million, with the fee could eventually rise to as much as £20m, depending on appearances and honours. That is paid to Dortmund? If he does good and earn more playing time as well as honors, ManU will need to pay Dortmund more, but not Kagawa? I'm confuse, hope someone can clarify for me.

10. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Club who gets the transfer fee will benefit the most. And usually player involved in the transfer get some money as well. And yes, united number seven is quite significant. Best, Cantona, beckham, hoonaldoo and now, kagawa.

And btw, just because I'm Korean, just checking around kagawa thread, does not make me a troll. Try not to take Internet forums too seriously please.

Saku² repped this.
  11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    not you heyheyhe, the troll was samuraiking, a fake japanese who spreads his BS every two months or so.

12. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wasn't the dude banned like 3x already?

13. kayama

kayama New Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  14. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    This is the first time for a japanese player for sure. And the first time for an asian too i believed. Oh and maybe the first time for a Borussia Dortmund player? However , it's fantastic! :D

15. -Kodemari

-Kodemari Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Trento, Italy
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No actually, Hummels won both this year and last year :)

16. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Sahin too, last year. In many ways, he's this year's Sahin. Leaving Dortmund to go to a "bigger" club. Let's just hope he doesn't suffer the same fate as Sahin's first year at Real. :D

17. DerBogen

DerBogen Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You cant compete anything....Kagawa to Sahin or ManU to Real....both are completely different...nothing can said about that.

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    HUH! :confused:.

19. DerBogen

DerBogen Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sorry I didn't read clear =P i was phoning,sorry my fault

20. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I see a parallel of Sahin and Kagawa. But while Real Madrid wanted Sahin, they didn't need him. ManU wants and need Kagawa.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    :coffee: Cool, now I get ya :thumbsup:.

Your right when you say MU need a Kagawa type of player, and if he does end up at MU, I seriously see SAF playing him alongside Rooney in a modified 4-4-2. When attacking it's a 4-1-2-3 formation, and defensively a 4-5-1. It's been successfully used before when Ronaldo was still wearing red, and I think Kagawa will be the upgrade which allows SAF to do it again.

Young - - - Welbeck - - - Nani
    - - - Rooney - - - Kagawa - - -
    - - - - - - - - Carrick - - - - - -
    LB? - - - Vidic - - - CB - - - RB?

22. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This way is not going to happen
    If Rooney is ment as MC he is not that if he is written as AMC there is no way both him and Kagawa can play AMC with only one DMC behind them

23. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    common opinion is 4-2-3-1 with Kagawa as CAM right behind Rooney (CF). also, a 4-3-3 with Kagawa as the most Advanced MF playing behind 3 strikers.

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    As long as it can be helped, Rooney won't play as a centre forward or on the wing. Kagawa is an obvious AM, and everybody, including SAF, sees him playing in the middle too. MU never play with two pure holding mid-field players though, not in less injury or poor form come in to effect things any way. So why it so unimaginable that SAF lines up with Rooney and Kagawa at AM/CM positions, when he's been used to having Paul Scholes in his prime do the exact same thing?

Every decent MU team has had two players running play from the centre of the field, but as Scholes has gotten older, he's been doing this from increasingly deeper positions, which has now resulted in people forgetting just how many goals and assists he really contributed as an offensive force in his more mobile days.

I'm not saying that Kagawa goes to Man U to duplicate exactly what Scholes has been doing recently, but he's not going to be brought in by SAF to move Rooney out of his best position either.

25. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Kagawa is completely different from Scholes, he's more of a second striker, he can't defend. Your line up is way too offensive minded.