2011/12 Shinji Kagawa @ Dortmund (GER/CL) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [​IMG]

Shinji Kagawa (香川 真司)

D.O.B - 17 March 1989

History
    2006-2010 Cerezo Osaka
    2010 Borussia Dortmund

site
    http://www.kagawashinji.com/english/

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUYuNIpygdc"]YouTube - ‪Shinji Kagawa The Black Yellow Samurai ?? ??‬‏[/ame]

2. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  3. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Shinji Kagawa's Thread [R]

He should stay with Dortmund for 2 more seasons at least before thinking about a move to another club. In my opinion BVB is a big club and one of the potential clubs that could reach the CL finals in the next year

4. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD

Don't forget that BVB had some serious financial problems, I don't know about details but I wonder if they won't sell their best players (weaker ones too) in few upcoming years. If they could do well in CL they won't have pressure on their backs after next season will end.

5. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Borussia had stated that after Şahin's departure they won't sell any other player. They were almost back to black before last season and I am pretty sure that Bundesliga title + Champions League next season + 10M€ for Nuri may allow them to do so.

6. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

It's funny reading about it, BVB basically told MU to piss off, for at least another season or so.
    In an article, they said would BVB ignored a 20M Euro offer, they basically said no, but did Man U actually offer that much, or was it just a reporter's exaggeration?

7. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I thought BVB were pretty well off. In January after the first half of last season where they dominated, and players like Sahin & Kagawa and so on were getting all this hype in transfer rumours, BVB kept saying they're not in the position where they NEED to get money from transfers hence implying they are in a financial position to hold onto their good players.

Like artml said, UCL participation + league title and Sahin's 10million ish transfer would have them in pretty good shape if they were close to getting into the black.

8. PatGer

PatGer Member

Sep 26, 2010

Dortmund is in a great position. Don´t think they need to sell.

Besides Kagawa should really slow it down a bit (if he said it). He´s been in Europe for half a season, as great as it was. He plays for a great organisation with an extremely talented young team with a top 3 attendance average in Europe and multiple national championships. Easily a top 10-12 club in Europe. He can establish himself further before thinking of moving on. Teams like ManU also think about merchandise, not just talent. Where is Kagawa supposed to play there?

9. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001

This is just another empty rumour.

Guys.... Kagawa has played only 35% of NT matches in the past 2 years. There is no way he is going to negotiate with a UK club unless they guarantee his work permit.

Considering how many players have been denied permits in recent years (Ivelin Popov, Wellington Silva, Galindo, Mariga, Sebastian Leto, Luke Rogers, Ryo Miyaichi....) a guy like Kagawa would be insane to negotiate with an EPL club unless they guarantee free agency if his work permit is denied. Honda is in the same situation and thats why he said he wants to play in Spain, not for Liverpool.

Read Kagawa's quote again:

*IF* I get a formal offer, I will be strongly interested in *listening to what they have to say*

In other words, if they say they will guarantee my visa, then Ill give it some thought. If not, why would I want to take a chance of getting loaned to some crap team in the Netherlands because I cant get a permit to play in England.

Incidentally Goru - why does Goal.com delete every comment I post on their site? Are they really that afraid of me making them look bad?

10. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLIAgfuRaEg&NR=1"]YouTube - ‪[TV Show] Shinji Kagawa (Borussia Dortmund)‬‏[/ame]

11. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  12. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

GREAT! AMAZING! SHINJI is in great form!
    I don't want to take away from his glory, but what is the local selection and how strong are they?

Still, Shinji seems fully healed and no worries.

13. Flaight

Flaight Member

Mar 11, 2005

I'm sure it was a lowly practice team to warm up against. The point is that his injury is gone for sure and it seems he hasn't lost his touch.

14. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qoBRheNjsM"]YouTube - ‪Autogrammstunde BVB Familientag Dortmund 03.07.2011 [Leitner-Subotic-Kagawa-Lewandowski-Zidan-Klopp]‬‏[/ame]

Lol the players look really annoyed.

15. Flaight

Flaight Member

Mar 11, 2005
  16. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  18. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Kagawa looks shy :D

[​IMG]

19. Flaight

Flaight Member

Mar 11, 2005

He looks and talks like it but he isn't really you know :D

20. DerBogen

DerBogen Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  21. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Just watched Dortmund's test match 1st half against St Gallen. Ok performance by Kagawa who was subbed out HT like the whole 11 but the new players like Gündogan and Perisic don't gel too well yet.

No goals by Kagawa, a few nice touches and a missed chance.

22. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iz1Nhkn4ls&feature=related"]‪Shinji Kagawa's all touch play (St Gallen vs Borussia Dortmund)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

23. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TsIoxyb1Ls&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]‪FOOT × BRAIN ???? 1/2‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlLATZBaPFQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]‪FOOT × BRAIN ???? 2/2‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Didn't know that he was an Aragaki Yui fan. Nice choice ;)

24. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Interesting bit about Miyagi Barcelona and their training methods... but what they teach is more Real than Barca, it seems :rolleyes:

25. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD

Surely not the most typical Japanese type of football. But always the best advertisement of the school are it's pupils after all. And 1 on 1 is probably the most important thing for an offensive player (I mean wingers probably ;)). If you're Endo-type you could usually avoid that using your head but from time to time everyone on the field have to drible.