2011/12 Masahiko Inoha @ HNK Hajduk Split (CRO/EL) Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Inoha didn't get paid, and he didn't accept that. The lesson here is: Make your research or get an agent who does the homework for you, consider well where you go before you make a decision. It's not: You have it good in Japan, so don't go.

2. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I dunno know. He wanted to test himself in Europe, improve himself as a player, that's a good decision to make. Unlucky for himself, he chose the wrong club to start out.
    If he have the ability and determination, I want him to return to Europe, but choose a better club to play for.

3. YakYak

YakYak Member

Feb 9, 2009
    These players go abroad because they are chasing dreams. I don't think any of them go abroad thinking that success is guarenteed. They are aware of the risks, but big dreams often require big risks.

As Shinji Kagawa said (something along the line of), "Getting signed by Barcelona straight from the J.League is basically impossible (very close to 0% chance). However, once you're in Europe, anything is possible".

4. Pjdawa

Pjdawa Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    I don't have said that.I said that going to europe isn't ALWAYS the better choice for them.
    There are many different cases.In this case Inoha was taking a risk,and i'm not just talking about economic issues.
    And i just hope that he and his managers could be more wise in future.

This is the epitome of the wrong assumptions about european football i was criticising before.
    Kagawa should be aware about the difference between going to Borussia Dortmund rather than,for example,goin to Lierse.
    Kagawa surely is speaking for himself.Players with enormous talent like him or Honda could reach their dreams for sure,but that's not goin to be true for everyone.
    Still there are many different cases:for example Takafumi Akahoshi is doin' a good career in eastern europe,as i remember the good seasons of globetrotter Kenji Fukuda.
    But for players like Inoha or Kawashima,who are estabilshed NT players,comin' from top J.League clubs,the choice of goin'abroad to poor leagues was a very risky one IMO.
    That said everyone is free to pursue his dreams wherever he wants,i just want to make clear that Europe is not always dreamland.