2011/12 Home/Away Jersey

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by jolieandbecks, Mar 29, 2011.

1. jolieandbecks

jolieandbecks Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When did Seven Of Nine take up women's soccer :D.

Strange thing is, I actually like these for pure courage of the design. To think any body type but a soccer players physique could look flattering in that, the top half to a Star Trek jump suit. It's definitely a new direction from the Roman tunic.

Does the collar read To infinity, and beyond!

3. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    very post modern.
    where is the belt though?

4. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Oooh, going for the sexy Lt. Uhura look.

5. crog1967

crog1967 Member

May 5, 2009
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy smokin' Jesus! Those are hideous!

6. p-nutz

p-nutz Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    I reckon these are to take the attention way from the comic sans-esq font on the German kits.

Do they come with a tiny pvc hat?

home? [​IMG]

away? [​IMG]

7. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    See what happens when they don't look "feminine" enough!?!

Am I the only one who spent five minutes looking for a zipper?

Somebody please go to the clearance rack and get those spa robes.

8. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You all may not like them, but Nike knows a whole lot more about marketing than you do. But then, maybe you want something you like rather than something that will appeal to the masses?

I'm sort of kidding. But look at the success of women's professional tennis, which is the only women's sport I know of that has equal popularity with the men's sport. Then look at who outfits the players. Maybe you can't have your cake and eat it too?

9. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Actually if you realize or seen before, there was a 1st design of that jersey but I've no idea why they didn't use it for the actual and instead ditched it. I thought that design was nicer than this one tho.

I can't find wher the video is but there was Hope Solo and Carli Lloyd who was donning the supposedly new kit back then at that time.

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    :eek: CAMP, Camp, and more camp. It's bad enough that the men wear all kinds of rubbish. Did you see Federer at Wimbledon in 2009, LOL. I mean the women play wearing earrings for goodness sake. You want the U.S. or any other women's team doing that next too.

Football kits actually require a certain level of across the board uniform similarity, or FIFA just bans them. Take a look at the infamous attempts by a very confused Puma a while back. I know west Africa is poor region, but Cameroon must have been the one FA back then with the sign 'Will do anything for money' tapped to it's door. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/3423231.stm

And don't forget Pumas other failure to reinvent the football shirt either. When sports apparel marketing met the wife beater.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00046/lucien_reuters_46715s.jpg

If football were like tennis, teams would be playing in kits that rivaled the wardrobe departments of biggest Broadway shows. The success of female tennis has little to do with the crap they wear. They already tried the ridiculous Skort trick for the soccer girls, and look how great that gimmick worked.

11. jolieandbecks

jolieandbecks Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like these ones a lot more.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIOrJbnktQA"]YouTube - Feb. 25, 2010: WNT New Uniforms[/ame]

12. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Carli put the sock on the wrong foot.

13. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    ah yes! That's the one! Thanks jolie!

14. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Women's tennis has become as popular as women's tennis because the women who participate in it wear tight uniforms. In breaking news the Lingerie Bowl has now become as popular as the NFL. Men AND women by the millions line up in droves and watch it every week.

Also I know in the past many women's soccer fans who are men have brought up the trouble of wanting a jersey but not being able to order one because it is made strictly for the female form. This is totally going to make it better also. Also who is anyone kidding. If you are on the big and beautiful side there's no way in hades this thing is going to look like it does in the display.

I have a fit body and I wouldn't be caught dead in this thing. They didn't have to keep the same design as the ones from the last cycle but I feel the fit best married that line of sport performance and let's sell some ass and maybe more people will watch us. Good day. :cool:

Co-sign with Batfink.

15. Ads13

Ads13 Member

Aug 10, 2008
    When it comes to soccer jerseys, I'm always a fan of less is more. I'd like to see these on a human being before I completely lambaste them.

Brazil wore jerseys with a similar style (with the collar) in either the '07 World Cup or the '08 Olympics (or both), and I don't remember thinking they were horrible.

16. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    If you're talking about these. While the collar does look off, they look far more "sane."

[​IMG]

17. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually like the traditional jerseys. My comments about the current design and about tennis simply pointed out that one may have to choose between tradition and one's sense of what is appropriate for a particular sport, on the one hand, and marketing the sport on the other. Which is more important to you? One thing you can't fault Nike for is not knowing how to market.

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't think the USSF has announced these kits as the official 2011-12 line, because they may not have passed FIFA regulation yet.

Nike's present involvement in football is still sometimes questionable. They seem great at knowing how to market/sell people crap that has little to no real function. It's all placebo type tactics, with these new WNT shirts just looking inappropriate for the nature of the sport. Pay most top athletes or sports Feds enough money though, and players will wear just about anything and say it works for them when they win.

I don't get the big urge to step away from making a women's cut in the men's style? They all play under the same flag, and there is only so far Nike can go with all of this.

19. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me, too. Almost every women's jersey I've really liked has been the same as the men's jersey design-wise. Very few exceptions.

Case in point - Germany had a great away jersey for the men's World Cup last year - the black one. Why didn't they just use it for the women this year? It's a shame the women don't get to wear it. Bajramaj and Bresonik would look great in it. Prinz even would look quite formidable.

The men's away - from Big Soccer's shop:

[​IMG]

The women's away:
    [​IMG]

I dunno, maybe it'll grow on me - it's festive. Maybe I can see this if Prinz wears this with a ribbon in her hair...

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    One kit say's don't %UCK with me, the other say's %uck me please. :rolleyes:

21. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This needs to be quoted in Rivalry!
    :)

22. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and that was worth it! (tee-hee!)

click on the little blue and white arrow thingie to read more of Jocasta's reply...
    :)

23. jolieandbecks

jolieandbecks Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    They dont have in girls' size! I could fit into those, at least a S or M! Plus I could save cost!

25. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Abby Wambach and Shannon Boxx donning the new jersey on the frontpage of ussoccer store.

Tbh, they dont seem to look that bad....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]