2011/12 Gotoku Sakai @ VfB Stuttgart (GER) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, when I write it just flows, ill keep my posts shorter if youre struggling.

2. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I am not I am not, do as you please :) .

3. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you! haha

And if you want to talk about suck, I think Makino is the biggest sucker of all. Is he a SB or a CB? He couldnt play in Germany, thats a fact.

Hes too slow to be a SB and too small for CB, hes also a soft player IMO. Hes not a tough guy, hes a joker, thats not the kind of guy I want on the back line. Again thats my opinion. He's ok as a super sub, as in he would only come in on emergency situations. I've never been a fan of his play on the NT, hes always flopped and he doesnt have the mental strength or skill to stay in Germany. I do think hes a good player, good enough to get to Germany good enough to get called up to the NT, but at his age hes not good enough to stick, and at this rate he probably never will be. Good chemistry guy who gets along with players and can help young guys relax but thats where I draw the line. He needs to figure out what his position is and stick to it, or he will only be a super sub. If he figures it out, plays well at Reds then cool. If not I dont think many people will miss him, he is a popilar player but not a top player, there are so may better options at SB and at CB the competition is thin, but no way is he good enough to compete in a World Cup.

4. Don Johnson

Don Johnson Member

May 2, 2011
    USA_Nago-Shi
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    inoha can do the same

5. Don Johnson

Don Johnson Member

May 2, 2011
    USA_Nago-Shi
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    i just flatout disagree on this one, soft? No Mental strength? Koln is jsut a terrible team and odds are they will get relegated, it's a goood thing hes no longer part of that sinking ship. I'm sure he'll get another chance to redeem himself with (hopefully) a more promising team.

6. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what does that tell you if Makino cant make a team as terrible as Koln?

I stand by what I said I think its true, he gave up too easy and went with his tail between his legs back to Japan. I think hes a good player, but again needs to make up his mind on whether hes a CB or SB. I too hope he regains his confidence and form while back in Japan. Im actually a fan of his, but when a guy doesnt get playing time he should not be included on the JNT. There are rare exceptions to this, Makino to me is not one of those cases.

I think like someone said Inoha could be that supersub defnder type player, I actually really like him as a SB. His crossing ability is amazing. But there are so many worthy candidates at that position. Its too bad Japan hasnt really produced any great CB's to succeed Tulio and Nakazawa. But thats a whole other story...

7. Mr Mug

Mr Mug Member

Nov 21, 2007
    The most in-form Japanese player in world football starts, naturally.

8. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Werder scored, Stuttgart are losing 1-0, its a shame they gave up a counter attack goal because of some poor play and loss of possession in the MF. Came out of nowhere really, Stuttgart are dominating the game possession wise. 60-40. The goal was not directly Sakais fault, but the man who scored could have been marked a little better by him.

Before that I would have said he was playing an exceptional game. A little bit of a brain cramp by him and especially his teammates leading up to the goal. The cross came too easy, and Sakai couldnt get back quite in time to deflect the ball away from the waiting opposing player.

The game is back to being dominated by Stuttgart and Sakai is still playing really well..but they have to get that goal back which looks like it shouldnt be a problem. Werder is in a defensive shell and is relying on counter attacks.

9. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stuttgart wins 4-1, Okazaki get on the pitch too!

Another great game for Sakai and Stuttgart. They even let Sakai take a free kick which led to a goal for Cacau, assist for Sakai. This game was utter and complete domination except for that one 1 mistake in the midfield leading to the goal. From then on Stuttgart turned it up a notch and went on a scoring spree.

Theyre in for Europa now, and at this pace can challenge for Champions League spot if they get to 4 in the Bundasliga. But im wondering if they do get that 4th to qualify for CL play. That doesnt necessarily mean theyre in the CL, they have to be in a playoff with some other teams from different leagues? Or what?

10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    4th place means CL qualifiers.

11. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't think they can do it.. too few matches left.
    Borussia M. has a good advantage.

12. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  13. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Gotoku's parents look like they could be his grandparents. :D

[​IMG]

14. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    In which way?

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    it seems to me that the writer doesn't realize the emotional dilemma it represents (unlike other countries, you can only have one nationality). + it's too early to talk about that, let him grow.

16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Germany want to "steal" Sakai from Japan ? :D

17. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's not written that seriously. And he is half-German, so it's natural.

18. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's funny to imagine a clash between Germany and Japan one day and two Sakai brothers playing against each other :D

19. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So someone is saying he's good enough to be called up for Germany? I think that's quite a compliment, considering Germany is a top footballing nation.
    But I hope Gotoku Sakai plays for Japan.

20. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    so is there a picture of his parents as well? his family, I heard he's already got 2 kids, and he's 21?!

and I can't seem to find any Youtube videos of Gotoku Sakai playing...

21. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Id love to see Sakai playing for the USNT, he was born in NY, USA. 3 great footballing nations and prominent countries would all love to have him.

22. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    I don't know if the competition for the side back spot isn't harder in JNT :D Best side backs in Bundesliga are foreigners (aside from Lahm).

23. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Our new/current generation of Fullbacks are great, but at this point I think we lack CB prospects...

24. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    well, you're not alone. Everyone knows this :/
    really hope someone steps up