(2011.09.02) FIFA World Cup Qualifier: Japan x DPR Korea [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by shuvy87, Aug 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ISUSucks

ISUSucks New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Japan
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    A nice wake up call after all. It's always not easy to score against an opponent who does nothing but bunkering. Still, Japan's performance today wasn't satisfactory either but who cares as long as they fly to Uzbek with 3 points.

Loved the NK's goalie though. he can probably scratch my back from 5 meters away. Impressive.

2. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    saw the game on Justin.tv, thanks to SamuraiBlue2002 for the heads up.
    caught all the 2nd Half, Japan created chances, and many of them did make it on target, but the NK's GK was quick to react. I think Japan hit the framework 4-5 times in this game. It was exciting how many times they moved into the box, but then the defense was quick to block their shot or even give them time to kick it.

-Hasebe really got things going in the 2nd Half, he started really well with a rocket shot just 1 min. into the 2nd Half. It clearly showed Japan's intention in the 2nd Half, really got things started.
    -Hasebe's assist to Yoshida was amazing. It was a great Header for Yoshida and how it got the celebration going.
    I would really love to watch the match in full, please post upload links when anyone finds them, thank you.

Good Luck against Uzbekistan on 09.06.2011.
    GO JAPAN! GAMBARE, NIPPON! GAMBARE SAMURAI BLUE!

3. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Woah, tough game. I'm watching the replay right now, based Yoshida saves the day again just like in that Asian Cup game. :D

[​IMG]

4. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This is not the Japan that I know.

If this was a couple of years ago the game would have been a tie.

Something is definitely wrong here.......

Also, I miss Nagatomo's runs down the left side. I hope he comes back soon.

In regards to the "Yasuda" goal:

Michihiro Yasuda = M.Y.
    Maya Yoshida = M.Y.

M.Y. = M.Y

A reasonable error for a person not familiar with the team.

5. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't quite exactly understand what you're saying...

Are you saying that Japan is stronger? Japan now compared to before would've been stronger. A tie would mean Japan concedes a goal, or won't score at all.

what is wrong? you sound like saying Japan winning is a bad thing...

Agreed. Nagatomo's can wreak havoc for any defense on the edge and provide many exceptional crosses.
    But I think Komano is holding his own well and done a good job on the left. Even though Komano doesn't run deep as much as Nagatomo. he tends to provide cover at the back and opt not too run forward when he have Kagawa or kiyotake up in front.

Found the goal video:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzjW62PBxUI"]Japan 1-0 North Korea 2014 Fifa World Cup qualifier 01/09/2011 - YouTube[/ame]

6. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What I'm talking about was Japan's ability to get lots of shots of goal and a majority of possession, but never finishing off the match in the past.

Those kinds of games happened a lot and were extremely frustrating to watch.

When I say something is wrong, I don't mean it in a negative context.

7. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    Yet the result wasn't frustrating and that's all what should matter in this kind of games, getting the three points. I think the team was really missing Honda. He has become so important and has a strong influence on the team, inside and outside the pitch.

China also struggled against Singapore and Australia against Thailand. (PS : Both of their goals were scored by J. Leaguers).

8. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I suppose we have some kind of winning mentality and it goes hand in hand with not needing to play beautiful football to win. I have to watch it again but I think the last 5 minutes we literally forced the goal.

9. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I thought so too, but it was all the more important that this team was able to show that he can be (partly) compensated.

10. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    I don't think we missed Honda at all. iMO once Hasebe's started pushing forward in the second half, he was worthy of filling Hondas shoes.

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  12. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Saying that it was all becuase Honda wasn't on the pitch means that even DPRK NT is as good as those 'famous' Japanese players who boast Asian pride in Europe. The Japanese NT isn't Spain NT yet. Deal with that fact. At least they grabbed 3 points. They should maybe apologize for not winning by 5 goal margin every game next time.

13. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Spain is too overrated IMO, Netherlands and Germany are one or maybe five steps ahead

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    One or ... five ?
    Spain are World and Euro champions. They are by no means overrated.

15. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Right, I agree with you. Did you mean to reply to another post? :D I wasn't the one saying we really missed Honda in the game. If he had played, I don't think there would have been any difference. Kashiwagi was doing okay, and like Honda did in the game against SK he lacked finishing (okay, but unlike Honda he skied to the ball to the moon)

16. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The big lesson that as learned I think for the rest of this campaign is how important an early goal is at home.

No team in asia will dare to really 'play' in Japan except South Korea.

Also, given this, Havenaar is a top choice against these teams and opens up the realistic possibility of "route 1"

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Just like the great Sota Hirayama when healthy

18. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hahaha..... saku, let it go :D

19. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Thought the same thing under Zico!!

20. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    With this game over, the next one is in 4 days. Uzbekistan also scored a sole goal to win against Tajikistan, it was in the 75th Minute.
    Did anyone watch the game? What are Uzbekistan strong and weak points? how will Japan fare against them, what would be the toughest issue for Japan against Uzbek.?

21. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What was with the unusual amount of North Korea supporters? Did Chongryon send a brigade or something?

22. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I would assume it were the students and relatives of the North Korean sponsored university in Tokyo

23. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    With the number of Chongryon affiliated schools and businesses, wasn't that surprising. They most probably all live in Japan.

Anyway, I thought Kashiwagi looked good (I may be a biased Reds supporter though) with his distribution and getting into good shooting and pass-receiving positions. It's totally different from how Honda would have played the AM role though, he looks to get the midfield/wings more involved. I think Kashiwagi should be relatively secure for his spot in the NT roster, although maybe as a back-up/alternative to Honda.

24. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's something I'd have expected from Takeshi Okada.

25. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yes, I think you are :p
    I missed most of the first half so I won't comment too much, but my impression of him would be better if he didn't freak out every time he had a wide open shot. Then again, it is kind of something we are used to. That is why we need Honda.