(2011.08.10) Kirin Challenge Cup 2011: Japan x Korea [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  2. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  3. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It seems to me he is trying to tell Zac that eh does NOT want to play in that position.

4. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm sorry for being naive, but what position does he play for the JNT and his club, Mallorca and his former J-league clubs? I don't know much about him except that he's is hailed as a possible replacement for Endo, who is a CMF, and plays amazing passes up the midfield. So is he not a CMF-like type of player?

Is there a full video uploaded somewhere? I wanna watch the whole thing now. I only got glimpse of it. plus I only had a 4 hour sleep and couldn't remember all the plays.

5. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He is a side attacker, who can play on both wing a and eventually even in the middle, below one or two striker. But a defensive midfielder with long passing skill, he is not--at least not for now.

I think Kiyotake has way more chances to transform himself into an Endo the 2nd than Ienaga.

The ideal heir would be Ardija's Ueda, if only he could be a bit more consistent...

6. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I have the distinct feeling that in NT teams Endo runs more or less twice the distance he runs with Gamba and at twice the speed. :cool:

7. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So I'm guessing Kiyotake is gone.

He couldn't have had a better game infront of the scouts.

8. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    There were scouts from Europe?

9. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    yea

Most were specifically looking at Kiyotake.

10. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Lille, Feyenoord and an unidentified guy.

But I doubt Kiyo will leave in the middle of this season.

Anyway, they will all be again at the Osaka derby, so we'll see.

Scouts today have surely noted down Yamada and Kiyo's names. And if the world was a fair place, they should give a chance to Endo as well.

I mean, Juventus' best acquisition this summer was Pirlo, 32 and coming from a massive injury...

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    What impressed me was the way they manufactured goals. They are engineers of football. They never waste a control, they cleverly move together, they are altruist, master the one touch play ... They all play for the team despite the fact some have bigger statuses than some others. And that's great. Sometimes they played like the U17, this bunch of young nobodies who could shine thanks to what they were able to build together.

12. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The goals were amazing. In the second half, at least until too many subs started to come in, Japan seemed the best Brazil or Barça...

My concern is now the defense. Korean finishing was dreadful, but they had at least 5-6 clear chances to score.

Just think if we could have this team, with top of the form's 2010 Tulio-Nakazawa...

In retrospective, such a shame we could not play the Copa. :(

PS = 4-2-3-1 forever!!

13. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I agree about the defense

I mean just look at the centerbacks.

1 plays in J2 and
    1 should be playing in the 2nd division of the Netherlands.

The problem is that there isn't much coming up right now. The U-22's don't really have any good CB either. Suzuki is the only one that is actually getting playing time at his club. The rest aren't doing anything.

I know its sad, but the only young CB that I have hope for right now is Ueda. But that kid is still in high school.

Although I heard that Takahashi at Kyoto Sanga is supposed to be really good. Maybe Goru can shed some light on him.

Also Nikki Havenaar.

14. dantasu

dantasu Member

Portuguesa Santista
    Brazil
    Dec 8, 2009
    Santos
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    great game, Japan! sorry sorry Daehanmingook hahaha

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Yoshida is shaky and Makino has no business here. Komano isn't the best defender in the world either but he has a great first step. I forgot how fast he is.
    Konno is world class to me, you just have to find the right guy next to him. For the time being it should be Kurihara, a tough and tall guy.

16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I agree with you on Endo but the world is not a fair place :(

17. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    With a little bit of luck, this would be a team capable of winning the World Cup.

18. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Don't know about the WC but I'd like to correct what I said earlier: This was not only the best Zac-Japan-performance I have seen, this was the best performance by the JNT.
    Agree about the defense though, but today we first didn't allow Korean team to attack and then we were lucky.

19. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think that Lee did pretty well today.

His combination with Kagawa and Honda worked out and helped create a "flow" between them. Probably could have had a goal too.

Although, I still think that Japan could do better.

These positions are the biggest concerns for me.

1. Centerback
    2. Endo-replacement
    3. Striker

20. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yet again isn't everybody so happy with Yoshida and Konno? Makino seems out of it, and I don't blame him, his situation is not that good.

21. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not so much with Konno, he's rock solid and don't make mistakes. The problem is the guy next to him, I think a fit Tulio is a good option to pair with Konno

22. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Tulio will come back, we'll take goals again and maybe his god-status will die

23. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Maya should put himself in a harsher environment. Somewhere where he has to play at 120%.
    There seems not much of an improvement since he came into the NT, except maybe for the TV appearance and number of visitors on his blog.

24. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    hahaha so true. I've laughed a lot of these boards. Can't say what post was the most funny cause it wouldn't be nice but yours is great.

Too bad there's not a second friendly, I want more now.

25. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I hope so. And to be honest I honestly think every soccerfan in Japan wants Tulio on the NT. He will 33 in WC14 , that is not a age, come on.