2010 World Cup Ticketing

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by spottedeagle, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yessam1277

yessam1277 Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Haiti
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If you got in, as if your application is successful?
    Because otherwise, you can just log in to your fifa account and see your application there "Application pending"

2. kayoss

kayoss Member

May 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bnei Yehuda Tel Aviv FC
    yes but it seems to be more up to date than fifa.com... maybe because phase 1 was a draw it somehow took longer... atleast for phase 1 it informed me a week before fifa.com could.

3. MarNic

MarNic New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    NC
    .........and once you apply for one ticket you can't apply for anymore until that one is processed..........[/QUOTE]

I find this point quite foolish on FIFA's part. Why not allow people to go back in and apply for more if they have not exceeded the limit?
    I made a fatal mistake of quickly applying for one ticket and went in to get more only to realise I could not. It makes no sense. The thrill of the chase is nothing like 2006!

4. MyB5

MyB5 Member

May 21, 2006
    Scandinavia
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I find this point quite foolish on FIFA's part. Why not allow people to go back in and apply for more if they have not exceeded the limit?
    I made a fatal mistake of quickly applying for one ticket and went in to get more only to realise I could not. It makes no sense. The thrill of the chase is nothing like 2006![/QUOTE]

I did the same.....Stupid way of orginizing this...

5. Nailsea Hammer

Nailsea Hammer New Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    It has now changed so that you can't select games on days you already have tickets for. Are we being watched?

6. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Surely it always was like that, and you guys were just in the throes of working it out?

You mentioned that you had match 59. You didn't mention that match 60 (same day) is "available", but it is.

7. Nailsea Hammer

Nailsea Hammer New Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I was sure on the first day I could apply for tickets on the same day. But now you mention it... maybe I've lost the plot as I was checking availability by venue.

Doesnt really matter, I'm only interested to know whether and which games sell out...I'll leave it alone now!

8. usaforthecup

usaforthecup Member

Apr 17, 2009
    OK but we still don't know why they took off some games right away in P.E meaning you could apply first thing Monday but by Tuesday they were gone (the game shows up but is now wheel chair only). But now they are not taking any games off so you can still apply - like I mentioned before it really is first come first served but they have to take into account the paper applications because they want as much local support as possible. When the games for the SA team are still availabe that gives you a clue as to the level of local support. Funny because this will be a better world cup and much more diverse of a location than Germany - that WC was well run in a German manner (yawn) - but sometimes you forgot what city you were in - no so in 2010. I think anyone going here will be in for a great time. Tickets may be easier but love that because you wont see this again for 20 years (Brazil (not easy), England - guess - (not easy) and then Australia - guess - (not easy)etc.

9. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Whoa, I've been remiss in not closing this thread, it's way past its posting limit.

There's another, newer thread on WC Ticketing here.