2010 World Cup Ticketing

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by spottedeagle, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nodoor

nodoor New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    The machines are going to happen. It's not like they are going to be located in some dark alley.

2. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Does anyone know how to view the details of the applicant and the guests on the succesful phase one ticket applications?

How many TST series can you order in one phase of ticket sales? I know for an individual match, you can order up to 7 matches with 4 tickets per match, but for TST, when I tried to apply one, I can only select 1 TST series (although it allows me to order up to 4 tickets). How come? Thanks.

3. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    phase 2 may 4 to nov 16
    100,000 tickets to be sold, does it take that long to sell??
    unless they sell 10,000 ticket a month????

4. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    they do also say they'll be at ticket collection centres (including some at airports). I don't think it's a big stretch to assume these will be manned centres.

aaarggh! One thing I have just seen in that pdf - "Cat 2 tickets will be next to the Cat 1 tickets in the corners. Cat 3 will be behind the goal". So Cat 3 tickets actually offer a better view than Cat 2 tickets!

5. iancampbell9

iancampbell9 Member

May 10, 2006
    Well its a bit of a guessing game, no-one knows exactly how it will work.

My guess would be that the CC can be used to print tickets but that there will be support on hand should we need it.

6. scybak

scybak New Member

Apr 27, 2009
    did anyone who mailed/faxed their application get contacted yet?

7. VAMOS MEXICO

VAMOS MEXICO New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Fifa's e-mail for 2nd phase:

If you are having trouble viewing this email, please open the email in your web browser here

Contact us Update your details Unsubscribe
    Terms and Conditions
    Sales Regulations
    Stadium Code of Conduct
    FIFA.com / Ticketing Page
    Match Schedule

Dear XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

2nd Ticketing Phase for 2010 FIFA WorldTM Cup starts on 4 May

Be quick and you should be lucky! The 2nd Ticketing Phase for the 2010 FIFA World CupTM will start on Monday, 4 May 2009, at Noon (SA Time). There will be approximately 100,000 tickets made available for this phase, excluding the two Semi-Finals and the Final (matches 61, 62 and 64). From now on, the tickets will be allocated on a “first come, first serve” basis. Applications can be made at FNB branches or via the FIFA website (www.fifa.com).

For South African football fans who wish to apply at FNB Branches, they should bring a valid form of identification. South Africans need to show their ID, while a passport will be required for foreigners. Applicants that wish to make applications for friends or family should have the details of those persons incl. identity numbers, names, dates of birth and nationality ready. Each applicant can apply for up to 4 tickets per match and up to 7 matches in total. Ticket prices start at 20 USD (140 ZAR). Within ten working days you will be notified, if your application is successful (fully or partly) or not.

Tickets will be ready for collection at FIFA Venue Ticketing Centres from May 2010.

We look forward to welcoming you and your guests to the 2010 FIFA World CuptmTM South Africa and hope you enjoy the experience.

Yours sincerely

2010 FIFA World Cup™ Ticketing Centre

Copyright © 1994 - 2009 FIFA. All rights reserved.

8. tullyite

tullyite Member

Apr 28, 2009
    No. No email or SMS received. I emailed them about this and all I got (after a one week wait) was an automated reply suggesting I check the FIFA website for the standing of my application. Without an application number (which is not available for posted/faxed orders) this is impossible.

So I might have been allocated tickets (even the final!) which I was prepared to pay for but they are now going to be thrown into the second phase of sales. Extremely bloody frustrating.

9. scybak

scybak New Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Were on the same boat i guess. I also sent an email and also received the exact same email back. very annoying indeed. I have a feeling that everyone who faxed/mailed their application are in the same situation.

10. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Yes.

I've lost track of why this discussion came about exactly, but I think we're agreed that:
    The expected existence of machines means that all you *should* need in order to pick up tickets is the card used to pay for them, no other ID.
    On the other hand, if you are in some kind of difficulty, there will be ticketing staff to talk to, somewhere. They're very likely to want to see ID.

11. pulasta23

pulasta23 New Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Dear people, since so many days ive been reading that ur application statuses hv changes to paid and i was wondering why mine was still 'pending to pay'. I luckily saw my application again and read 'payment required' and the link to pay. I had used my grandma's card but now I have mine....just got it yesterday and transferred money in the account. I paid and it gave me a message that payment has been accepted! now the status shows, "paid". so now i can be sure i got them tickets right? even though its the 3rd of may and phase 2 begins tomrw?

12. matthewuk

matthewuk New Member

May 3, 2009
    Does ayone know if you will have to collect ALL your tickets at the same time?

We have TST7s and we're probably going to be in SA for 3 weeks or a month (depending on the draw). I'd be keen not to be carrying our Semi-final and Final tickets around with us....

13. usaforthecup

usaforthecup Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Yes you are fine.

14. noamz

noamz New Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Assuming it will work as in 2006, you will pick your 3 group game tickets at the beginning of the tournament.
    The 4 knock-out round tickets will be available for you only after the group phase. This is because as long the group phase is still on, you don't know if your TST7 is for the group winner or runner-up.
    I'm not sure you will have an option to collect only one or two tickets at a time, but in 2006 (I had TST6) I got all my 3 knock rounds tickets at once.
    Anyway, since in this WC its machines it might be possible.
    I also have TST7 for this WC (hopefully... Paraguay) and it's a good question.

15. rocky1

rocky1 New Member

May 1, 2009
    Dublin
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    New to all of this and in particular this brilliant website for soccer fans and geniune ones at that.
    I hope to go for the later stages of the world cup next year say from the quarter finals onwards.
    my question is do you think they will sell tickets for the later stages again in the later phases of the sales or will it be possible to get tickets over there off people who will not rip you off.
    I have really enjoyed all the e-mails and comments and I wish everyone best of luck and good wishes for their own world cup dreams.

16. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I would like to see england play in wc10
    if u are a betting man which group would u think they will place??

17. rocky1

rocky1 New Member

May 1, 2009
    Dublin
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    hard to know where they would place england. usually they don't make it easy for english fans and so they could be anywhere but how about Durban or Cape town

18. footyspecial

footyspecial New Member

Feb 28, 2006
    I think their will be plenty of tickets floating around for games in the later stages including the Final.

The draw will also deternine if a large supply of tickets are available for certain games. Can't see many people based in Johanesburg traveling to Cape Town for a single game.

The rigours of traveling around SA for a month will have worn off near the end of the tournament for many people who have TST tickets.

Once their teams are out of the tournament I can see lots of these tickets being available for sale. The price will depend on supply and demand but I can't see many people travelling to South Africa without tickets so hopefully the price won't be to prohibitive.

19. rocky1

rocky1 New Member

May 1, 2009
    Dublin
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    thanks for that I will try to get some tickets before going and then hopefully pick up some tickets while i am there.

20. yessam1277

yessam1277 Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Haiti
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Phase 2 will not include Semis and Final.
    Later phases might, since people who got semis and final in phase 1 and didn't pay for them for one reason or another, I think those tickets might get sent back to the pool.

As for getting tickets overthere, I was in Germany 2006, I went to 7 matches, R16,QFs,SFs and in all of them I saw people selling tickets outside the stadium and it was very reasonable compared to internet prices.
    However, going to a city, getting into a hotel, preparing to go to a game not even knowing if you have ticket, is not my cup of tea. I'd rather overpay a little and have the peace of mind of planning my trip.

Im hoping to score a Final ticket over there as well... we'll see

Good luck

21. yessam1277

yessam1277 Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Haiti
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    England? Group D for sure :p

22. rocky1

rocky1 New Member

May 1, 2009
    Dublin
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    thanks for that and I hope to get at least some tickets beforehand as you say not much fun trying to get tickets when you are there much better to have them in your back pocket ok front pocket.
    enjoy your world cup and how are haiti doing in the world cup

23. iancampbell9

iancampbell9 Member

May 10, 2006
    all depends whose playing... very early to make the assumption that there will be plenty of tickets knocking about for that one.

This second sale will be interesting, not gonna bother myself as i have final tickets & with loyalty points to get england tickets from the FA.

I wonder if people will get excited and the whole lot will sell out or if a number of games will be unsold until the draw is made.

24. thehawk

thehawk Member

Mar 30, 2006
    San Diego, California
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Re: "Pay for these tickets"
    Was partially successful in the first phase but FIFA do not seem to have attempted to charge my credit card. I emailed them and they responded that "you will need to log back into your account, click on "Pay for these Tickets" and follow the on screen instructions" . I don't see a "Pay for these tickets" button- wondering if anyone else had this issue?

25. yessam1277

yessam1277 Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Haiti
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We have not made it since 74, already eliminated for 2010 and I think 2014 too.
    Social, economics and political environments reflects on our football.
    They are passionate about football here... but the football federation only care about their back pockets or front pockets as you put it :p

Their policy " One step forward, 3 steps backwards"

2007 digicel carribean cup champions, they even beat trinidad, now we cant beat panama and martinique... Dont get me started lol

They have brazil though as their NT so....
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8UMcujrHpo"]YouTube - Brazil playing in Haiti[/ame]