2010 San Diego United thread

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by Nacional Tijuana, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like it's about time to start one. This is my first summer living in San Diego in 18 years. My only WPSL matches have been in Pittsburgh, PA, back in the '00s.

Their schedule (comined with that of many other teams) can be found here: http://www.wpsl.info/schedule/index.php?home_division=All , starting with a derby with the Sea Lions up at Cathedral Catholic. I'm going to miss that one, since there's apparently no bus stops in the area.

Here's the club website, but it seems to be somewhat outdated:

http://www.sdunited.net/roster.html

Any other local fans? Any favorites?

2. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did you have the home opener yet?

3. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SD United's home opener is June 6 - see the schedule linked to in the first post.

4. Nacional Tijuana

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to what I believe to be the home opener last night. It was 2-1 over LAFC Chelsea. SD opened, then Chelsea equalized, then SD went ahead. 2-1 FT. Sophia Perez, who apparently did some preseason work with Sky Blue (WPS) did great in goal for us. Leticia Villalpando got both assists, I believe. Beth Lloyd, of UConn, scored, as did Stephanie Ochs, IIRC.

Anybody else go? Can someone correct wehat I said?

The weather was refreshingly cool. Looked like it would rain, but it didn't in the end. Decent crowd, good souvenirs, and kettle corn and "street tacos".

5. Nacional Tijuana

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to SDU vs. Ajax. Ajax wins and we lose one of our players to a bad injury. I think torn ACL. Tears aplenty wept. I'd need to read the report to know who it is.

6. Nacional Tijuana

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Debated whether to start a new thread for '11 or just keep with this dud. Anybody in the know about SDU? Anybody know their intentions for next season? I do hope they are back.