2010 Preseason Catch-all thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by KMJvet, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. futurequakekeeper

Feb 14, 2008
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    no one....in...america...likes...soccer.
    think of it.
    14 million in LA alone, only they can generate 28k the highest...
    SJ, nearly 2 mill. all we can generate is 9k.

really, why should there be millions spent into a club ONLY for its players whennn they cant even generate half of that per match?
    we are laughed at by europeans.
    we are laughed at by mexicans(even though our soccer is way better than theirs)
    because clubs like chivas are all about mexican supremicy...we cant be about mexican supremicy, if we are about whites then we are racist.

america will never have a market like euro or SOB. will have, why? cuz america is suburbia, yes we will grow to have more fans, but they will be alll children, when thoes kids grow up they will have things they need to do, and yet again replaced by little kids.

im not a professional but thats how i predict it, and its really leaning that way right now, what 15 years now? and we still dont have a grasp on america yet? i see mls stadiums filling 20k seats(all through out the league) in about 20 years.

2. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool Story Hansel

3. Blackball

Blackball Member

May 23, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    In the past couple years, we had great results in preseason and then got blown away in the first half of the league schedule. I'd just as soon not even hear about pre-season, and just focus on Sat 27 Mar.

Check out Jay Hipp's podcast: http://www.centerlinesoccer.com/2010/01/30/hernandez-yallop-doyle-on-first-cls-podcast-of-2010/

One, it's very great pre-season episode and two I think it's important to support Jay and the team at centerline. As for Tottenham, the Doyle interview explains that the key people at Tottenham behind the partnership (including Billy Beane's new friend) were basically fired early the following season. It seems without the personal relationships that were in place, it's been difficult to move forward with some initiatives with them. My hunch is, the situation is similar with other MLS/EPL partnerships.

4. futurequakekeeper

Feb 14, 2008
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    okay....
    uhm....
    wanna ask all the mexican supporters wy they dont like american soccer?
    wanna ask all the euro snobs why tey dont like american soccer?

alright hansel, you will prolly get the same answers out of them that i just gave you,

and really...smart ass, my statistic of 14 mill-28k is actually quite true..
    dont belive me? look at ow many people live in LA...then..look at how many attend games.
    im sure more than 28k people are soccer fans in LA..wy dont we see them? because they dont...LIKE-UH AMERICAN-UH SOCCER.

does that process through your head? you know like ..register? or does it just fly right by?

oh and in san jose, only 9k people attend our games...we have nearly 2 mill people, im sure more than 9k people like soccer in san jose, but why dont tey come out?
    because again, they dont...LIKE-UH AMERICAN-UH soccer.
    sharks tally 16k EASY every home game, tey were around 4 years before us(maybe 5?) plus the what? 2 years hockey haitus? so knock off 2 years and they were around just as long as the quakes were.
    why dont they support soccer? because tey dont LIKE-UH AMERICAN-UH soccer. notice how we draw a pretty number whenever tere are international club friendlys? what? normally 40k pack the stadiums in the bay area? see and thoes people come from all around the bay area, but people dont like the quakes because...they are a american club with no real names, and no real skill.

sorry im not little hansel here..my predictions seem fairly accurate. tbh im beginning to not like american soccer, its just a snooz fest(hmm wonder why people dont like american soccer?) NO team has any real flair or style of play. all the goals come from luck really(or crappy goal keeping for that matter) like i said, in 30 years this league will start hitting 26k easy all around the league. trust me ;)

p.s quakes wanna open a 15k seat permanent seating stadium. i promise you ..PROMISE YOU, the first few home games we will nail 12k easy, then it will drop back down to around 10k, making us look like the ghost town that we pitifully are.

5. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just screwing with you. Take it you've never seen Zoolander.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htYDC_ZiXhY"]YouTube- Cool Story, Hansel[/ame]

6. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Someone should send him a train to jump in front of.

7. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Hilarious. I'm going to have to rent the DVD. (Providing I've got the title right.)

8. futurequakekeeper

Feb 14, 2008
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah sadly, taking the position of modeling, i am yet to see it, but every photographer/agent/model i talk to and say i never saw it have a expression like :eek:...

9. futurequakekeeper

Feb 14, 2008
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what is that from? the one who flew over the kookoos nest?

the only way i would ever get hit by a train is if i fell laughing on the floor after you got smacked by it :cool:

10. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    ANY BODY HAVE AN IDEA AS TO WHERE IN ARIZONA THE EARTHQUAKES WILL BE PLAYING THIS UPCOMING WEEK ? I HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING POSTED AS TO WHERE IN AZ. I GOT FAMILY THAT WANTS TO SEE THEM OUT THERE :(

[​IMG]

11. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Double check but I think KCs released schedule says the Reach 11 fields in Phoenix.
    ps. please turn the all caps off

12. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    San Jose Earthquakes Lineup: Andrew Weber (Mike Graczyk 40), Justin Morrow, Aaron Pitchkolan, Troy Roberts, Evan Brown, Joey Gjertsen, Brad Ring, Chris Wondolowski, Steve Beitashour, Andrew Hoxie (Ismael Ibarra 40), Quincy Amarikwa (Andrew Hoxie 63)

Ibarra? He's still around? Why?

14. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Who are Troy Roberts and Evan Brown?

15. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Ibarra is just a guest player, as he has been before. Troy Roberts used to play for the Galaxy--Jamil's big brother. He may be in for a trial, but I sort of doubt it since he was cut from the Galaxy last year for good reason. Evan Brown was a 2nd round draft pick of the Sounders last year and that got cut. I'll bet he's a genuine trialist.

16. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So from how the lineup was listed do you think we can infer that Ring and Wondo were Center Mids while Gjoey and Mrs. Beitashour's boy were on the flanks?

17. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a game report on Centerline soccer that confirms that, but Gjoey played forward some of the time.

18. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
  19. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice report. I'm excited about Ring doing well especially at center mid.

20. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree about Ring. Gotta cheer for him because of what he went through this last year. And, of course, it makes the draft of last year seem better if we end up to sign both picks. And I think we need a good prospect to bring along at center mid.

I guess that Eduardo not playing means he's not seen as still "trialing" and he's not seen as a sub (Q, Wondo, Gjoey). That means if he's still there, he's wanted; and it's all down to contract negotiation.

21. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Troy Roberts is an American soccer player who currently plays for Cleveland City Stars in the USL First Division.
    Evan Brown (born May 1, 1987 in Raleigh, North Carolina) is an American soccer player, currently without a club.

22. JohnWP

JohnWP Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Monterey, CA
    Maybe because everytime he gets a run out he scores a goal? Just a guess.

23. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, I've noticed that. But he seems to only be used as filler for these 2nd rate friendlies and scrimmages. And yes he dominates against the likes of the El Sueno All Starts and Real San Jose. But if he's failed to make an impact* by now why waste anymore time on him. At some point the team needs to move on to someone else that has a chance.

This is where it hurts wasting a draft pick on Thomas and leaving a guy like Andrew Wiedeman on the table. I would have much rather be evaluating Wiedeman than Ibarra.

*he doesn't seem to be on Yallop's radar. He never talks about him ...

24. JohnWP

JohnWP Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Monterey, CA
    Fair Enough, I reckon we'll see how serious Yallop is about Ibarra in the coming week. If he travels to Arizona and gets some minutes vs. MLS competition he may seriously be in the running for one of our developmental spots.

(I also admit to pulling for Ismael, as he's a graduate of the HS where I work.)

25. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he's local and is willing and enjoys the competition and we need warm bodies for these sorts of games, why not?

Wiedman is a GA, so you wouldn't evaluate him so much as be stuck with him or have to trade him if you draft him and don't end up to like him...not that that would be bad.
    But I would be curious to know what Thomas's story is. Did he and his agent lead everyone to believe he wanted to sign in MLS? Or just change his mind when he didn't land in KC? Or the Sweden thing all develop last minute and turn out to be too good to be true? Curiosity more than anything. I've thought all along Ring was likely the better of the two rookie CMs and I'm not sure we had room for both anyway. I think the Quakes might have drafted Thomas because they weren't entirely sure Ring could prove he'd stay healthy. Morrow seems to be thriving and staying. And we've heard good things so far about Hoxie too. I'm still pretty darn pleased with the draft so far.