2010 Phillies vs. Mets thread - back to back to back masters of disaster

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by otterulz, Mar 6, 2010.

1. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's to another upcoming season. Phillies got Halladay, Mets got a whole bunch of shitty catchers. I say, "BRING IT!" mofos.

We're ********ed.

2. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know who I hate more right now.

3. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Awesome! Is this the thread where we discuss thyroids and pink eye?

4. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hang, IT'S NOT A JOKING MATTER, YOU HEARTLESS BASTARD!!!!!

5. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    You know who else got pink eye? Vinny from Jersey Shore.

However, given the medical staff of the New York Mets I wouldn't reccomend any fistpumping. That could injure a rotator cuff.

Also, new rule, all celebratory handshakes (though they won't be used often) must be signed off on by medical doctors from Toronto who may or may not be tied to an HGH invstigation!

6. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Serious question for serious Mets fans (sorry The Double, you're not included*).

Does anyone buy these allegations that Reyes' thyroid problems are steroid related. I'm not saying that as someone who hates steroids trying to wind you up. Bonds is my favorite non Philly player of all time. If Raul was on steroids last year, I hope he is again this year. I'm just wondering.

*Just kidding The Double. You'll always be my lovable loser.

7. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, at this point, who'd be surprised if he was? I have a hard time believing that it's something as simple as his diet (what the hell is he eating?) that caused this, but at the same time, I don't know enough about his disorder to really say. It did happen a little bit after they started questioning Beltran about the Canadian doctor, so maybe one can sort of make assumptions based off of that, but I honestly don't know.

8. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Really Mets? Really? I mean you think your pitching staff is so sound that you can just outright release Josh Fogg?

Pride cometh before a fall.

9. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    AWWWWW SHIT YO!!! You know the time is nigh!!!

And who strikes the first blow? That's right The Fightin Phils signed Josh Fogg to a minor league deal!!! You feelin' me? I think you are. There is gonna be Fogg rolling through Queens one late summer evening this summer that will scare women, children, and Jose Reyes back into their houses.

Oh, and nicely done with the Daniel Murphy injury. Way to pick up where you felt off guys. But hey, he's gritty, he's a scrapper, maybe he'll fight through the injury. Or maybe the Mets will "baby" him like some say they are babying Jose.

Here we go. Phils/Mets 2010! Where my bitches at!?!?!

10. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I bow at the altar of your shit talking.

11. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Congrats to the Mets for the high point of your season....

The Situation throwing out the pitch at your home opener.

12. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Really? Wow, guess Olly Perez didn't win the #4 spot in the rotation after all.

13. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Remember when Pedro Martinez took the ball in the second half of a double header last September. I do. I was there. He pitched strong late into the game, and he wound up mathematically eliminating the Mets. This was early September cause the Mets sucked. You get eliminated in early September when you suck.

Well Pedro, used to be on the Mets. The Mets had a losing record in his starts, which is why Mets fans probably idolized him, cause they are losers too. Wouldn't you know they lost when he pitched for the Phils too. Maybe the Mets are the larger problem.

Well take that scenario of last year with the double header, and put Nelson Figueroa in game 1. We just signed that bitch from you. He'll break your hearts this year. Like your ex-girlfriend who moved on to the richer guy with the bigger cock, so is baseball.

This couldn't fit all on the back of a Figueroa baseball card, so i wrote it here. I hope you don't mind.

15. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I bow to you. Watching the evolution of your trash talk has been startling.

16. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W-nCmN_Ovk&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- david wright and the situation - "situational training"[/ame]

I'll let this speak for itself, other than to just say nice choice of music.

17. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    While everyone else would distance themselves from those trainwreck's of human beings that was Jersey Shore...only the Mets would embrace them. Then again I guess Mets fans identify with them since they remind them of their sons, daughters and themselves.

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Actually New Yorkers constantly look down on New Jersey. Well, we need to get reminded that NJ exists first, but after that we look down on them.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if most people in Philly would give their left nut to live that close to NYC. :cool:

19. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Manhattan denies the existence of Long Island and New Jersey. In fact, Manhattan is the only redeeming quality of New York. All the rest of it can piss off. And yes, Queens is Long Island. If it smells the same and the people look the same, it's the same.

20. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jersey Shore's closer to Philly than New York.

And Queens is most definitely NOT Long Island. I'm gonna guess you haven't spent much time out on the Island. And if you disagree, I want substantiation.

21. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Jersey Shore is closer to Philly...however the civilized world (Philly) avoids it at all costs.

Queens is Long Island. You disagreeing is further proof. The only difference between Queens and Long Island is fake jewelry vs real jewelry.

22. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It's nice to be able to depend upon your ace to win games. I think that's what will make the NL East special this year.

I mean between Roy Halladay and Johan Santana....

wait I'm sorry....

Between Roy Halladay and Livan Hernandez it should be a very intersting season along I-95.

24. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Phillies start with 6 games on the road and go 5-1.

Mets start with 6 games at home are go 2-4.

Phillies lead Mets by 3 games already.

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    What if its neither? What then?