2010 J. League Transfers & Off-the-field News

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Red Orca, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Indeed you are right! Great post Warrior (and I'll probably steal it for the blog and credit you for it), but here are a few notes of mine.

-Kajiyama recently had surgery on his ankle and knee and being healed in time for the 3/6 season opener is considered to be girigiri at best. My best guess is that Matsushita or even Nakamura will take his place in the starting lineup.

-Despite the Nabisco Cup prize money, the transfer fee for Cabore, and the 3rd-best attendance in J.League, Tokyo still appears to be struggling financially. The team decided to scrap its Guam training camp because between transportation, renting facilities, etc, it costs about a million dollars. Additionally, the team has yet to announce a new chest sponsor to replace ENOS, although I'm apt to believe that this wouldn't happen anyway before January 2nd (which is the earliest I would expect the ENOS contract to expire).

-Because of all that, there's a lot of grumblings and rumors that we're only going to have one foreign player on the squad next year. Every fan and their mother wants a fast & strong non-Japanese dude at Forward and I think we'll get that, but as far as other foreign players I can totally see the front office looking at the lineup and thinking "we're stacked deep at defender and midfield, why bother getting more foreigners for those positions?" What I'd like is two foreigners (one to play along Hirayama and one as a sub), but time will tell.

2. Red Orca

Red Orca New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Kansai
    Club:
    Nagoya Grampus
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  3. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, it shows the boy has some common sense...
    And now Sanga is left without him, and with a possibly very pissed off Mizutani :rolleyes:

Will Sanga go for Nakabayashi, now?

In the meantime, Thiego is official (one year loan) ...:cool:
    http://www.sanga-fc.jp/news/20091227-1359.html

Sanga clearly going for big-size foreigners...

Diego = 184
    Kwak = 186
    Dutra = 188
    Thiego = 188

4. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  5. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  6. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  7. Red Orca

Red Orca New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Kansai
    Club:
    Nagoya Grampus
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This has also been announced by the club, as has the release of Milos Bajalaica earlier this week. Maya was carelessly photo'd at a farewell party and this appeared on someone's blog, otherwise this would not have been announced until after the Emperor's Cup.

I hope Kume and the coaches have some other transfers lined up. If we only have Tulio and Masukawa as recognized central defenders, we may have to convert Yuki Maki on a permanent basis. :-(

8. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  9. sakobo-redded

sakobo-redded Red Card

Dec 18, 2009
    Mishima, Japan
  10. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  11. Vendo Thefastlane

Jul 16, 2009
    Mito, Ibaraki
    Club:
    --other--
    To be fair, he might have meant that Yoshida leaving his favorite team was the depressing news...

I'm just curious as to why he chose Suzuki. Perhaps he has a maternal relative with that maiden name...

12. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Of course, a JAPANESE going to play in some minor soccer country is really depressing........ :rolleyes:;)

13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    That's not exactly a great news, I was dreaming about Tulio-Yoshida ... :( .

14. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think we'll have to see how Yoshida does in Europe before we judge the move. Sure enough, if he decides to return, he'll have no problem in finding a team...;)

It is somehow sad, but I think we'll need to get ready to more and more young Japanese going to Europe. It is just natural.

I am wondering if the J.League is reading to cope with that and if clubs can start again to bring to Japan valuable foreign players, who will not run away for easy petrodollars... :rolleyes:

15. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the raggamuffin IS sitting on a red card (not banned from the site yet?:confused:)

16. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Good luck to him.

17. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  18. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yohei Toyoda from Kyoto Sanga to Sagan Tosu on a 1y loan.

A happy 2010 to all of you!

19. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  20. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  21. Senior Tigr

Senior Tigr Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Warsaw, Poland
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    He is being brought to the team as first time player, I'm sure (especially considering the reported price). Why do you think it is a bad move for him?

22. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No doubt CSKA Moscow is a good team, but IMO staying with VVV or in Eredivisie wouldn't have been bad.

I think Honda will not be able to participate in this season's CL campaign because the player registeration took place before the group stage ended. I'm not sure though. Anyways good luck to him.

23. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Honda needs to play on a team that fits his own style. I can't see him getting it the way he wants at CSKA.

24. Senior Tigr

Senior Tigr Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Warsaw, Poland
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    There is a possibility to add/replace three players in the squad list before Feb 1st, as Honda have not played in European cups this season, he can be registered.

I have to say that I've never seen him in action (only youtube compilations, but that's never enough), do only know about him from descriptions of others, so if you can be so kind and tell me his about style and why it is not fitting into CSKA tactical schemes?
    I've heard that he fits to description of box-to-box midfielder, likes to roam on both wings, great at long shots, is versatile and have even played as left back on a couple of occasions. Is it somehow wrong?

25. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Alot of the ball needs to be cycled through him.

I don't know how CSKA play, but for Honda to be most effective I think that he needs to play on a team with a short-passing game.

Honda isn't really that good on the wings anymore or atleast for the national team. He played there a couple of times, but was not that effective. I think that he has evolved into a central midfielder.

By the way you write it seems like you think I'm undermining CSKA or something. It's just my personal opinion, but for Honda it would have been better for him to go to a bigger club in the Netherlands and then go to La Liga or something. I believe that going to CSKA is not moving up, but moving sideways.