2010 J. League Transfers & Off-the-field News - part II

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by goru_no_ura, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    If Finke (+ Urawa management) were actually smart, they'd be going for players like Aoyama, Chiyotanda... Hell, even Yuzo Kobayashi from Kashiwa would be a good addition (though probably hard to sign).
    (I would have liked us to sign Kim Dong-Jin while he was a free agent instead of Sanou on loan, as well.)

With the ambitious management we have, if we're going to go for someone in a more attacking role, surely a player like Inui would be a no-brainer.
    (Then again, this is Urawa we're talking about.)

Since we lost Tulio and Abe in the space of roughly eight months, surely we should be looking to cover those losses as our number one priority. It's obvious we don't have adequate cover in those areas, not to mention the players we DO have aren't getting any younger...

2. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think that Daigo Kobayashi is a player that many J-League clubs are looking at right now.

He's an excellent player who's playing off the bench at his club right now. I'm sure that he wouldn't mind coming back to Japan and I'm pretty sure that every single J1 club would love to have him.

He would be great for a team like Hiroshima or Shimizu.

3. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Agreed, Daigo's excellent and I dare say he would start for most teams in his position (aside from, say, Nagoya with Magnum and a few others).

I hadn't even thought about him. I actually considered him a while ago as someone I wouldn't mind for Urawa, but I doubt he'd ever sign, considering the whole "having played for Omiya and in plenty of Saitama derbies" thing.

4. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  5. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    Well, Urawa isn't really on shortage of young players (talents in the making), Yamada, Umesaki, Escudero, Ugaijin, Takasaki and many others..Many of them were plagued by injuries or has yet to mature, but the basis is there nonetheless. Urawa Reds lacks leaders in my opinion, confirmed players who can provide an immediate satisfaction and a swift return of investment. An ambitious/aggressive recruitment is necessary, Tulio was f'n right when he said he wasn't going to wait until the players grow and fulfill their potential because he wanted titles now, football careers are pretty short after all.

Having said this, Finke should have been sacked loong time ago, he isn't the right man for the team.

Nagoya had a solid group to start with, and a charismatic coach but the reason of their success this season is the smart and ambitious recruitment :
    - Kennedy finally providing entire satisfaction after a rather average start.
    - Tulio best defender of the league, a born-leader, huge contribution to the attack.
    - Kanazaki : The enthusiasm of the youth, Stojkovic getting the best from his abilities.
    - Danilson, not always in a good form but it was a nice addition to the squad nonetheless.
    - Chiyotanda : A decent replacement for Yoshida.

6. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Oh, I'm quite aware that we have plenty of good young players. I was talking more about picking up an unknown foreigner who turns out to be an excellent buy for the J. League, similar to Davi, Juninho, Emerson, et al.
    ... But in terms of getting a foreigner, I still think it should be a solid, experienced defender.

I don't think anyone's going to disagree with you regarding the termination of Finke's contract. I've been banging on about that nearly all season.

And as for the lack of leadership, that's one of the points I've been making when making a case for needing a new goalkeeper. Attacking's not so much a problem as having an organised defence, for Urawa. That's why I'm so focused on wanting that corrected.

7. zappin

zappin Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ...:D

8. Chizzler

Chizzler Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    I'd be happy with Marcio. Honestly.

9. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    And who wouldn't? He is one of the best players in Japan, and he has a low salary too...

10. Chizzler

Chizzler Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    I know. Just wanted to make sure, hope I didn't jinx it. :D

Although he'd probably get a nice raise if he'd play for us. ;)

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Nope he's a regular starting member.

12. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    My bad, I saw that he came off the bench in his last match.

13. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think the best method for Urawa to gain lots of talented players is to move to Tokyo.

Tokyo is the biggest city in Japan and there is so much diversity there that Urawa's youth squads would almost guaranteed to be filled with talented young players. Just look at FC Tokyo and Tokyo Verdy, there's a reason why their youth squads are so good.

Of course this is not plausible. But in principle it would work.

14. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Not really. It's not like every kid in youth teams are necessarily from that prefecture. Shinji Ono didn't come from Saitama, nor did Keita and Naoki Yamada. It all depends on the quality of scouting.

Anyway, we've already established that Urawa's youth system is just fine.

15. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yea, but in reality the strength of a team's youth squad is dependent on the population of the area in its jurisdiction.

The more people you have the bigger talent pool you have. Also since Tokyo is a global city you get a great deal of variety and mixing of genes. Which is why Verdy has so many kids that are half-Japanese. Scouting plays a role, but when you're presented with 10 pro level players per 100,000 people in a city with over 10 million then its not hard to find talent as compared to a place like Okinawa prefecture with a population of about 1 million.

16. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    ... I think there's some miscommunication.

Saitama is right next to Tokyo. I doubt Urawa wouldn't already have people looking in that talent pool, just as Omiya, Chiba, Kashiwa, Yokohama, Kashima and Kawasaki would also be doing on a regular basis.

How did all of this become about Urawa's youtth system, anyway?

Looking to sign Marcio Richardes/Pedro Junior --> Complaining about needing to sign defenders instead/make use of foreign spots in other ways --> Urawa's youth system is good enough --> Urawa isn't located in the right place to have enugh good youth?

Massive sidetrack.

17. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    You also have to add that in bigger cities young people have much more things to do than play football. There are simply centers where football is popular and in some places not (more pressure is put on other sports for example). It's not like that - than China NT would be the greatest team of all... Scouting is another thing.

18. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Of course, but the problem with China is that their GDP per Capita is extremely low.

Money plays a huge role in determining how well a country will perform. Which is why Africa will not win a World Cup before a country in Asia or even America.

They don't have the resources and their people do not make enough money.

19. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    In Japan players can be scouted in Junior High Schools, High Schools or universities. There are regional and national tournaments. Not much need to watch your neighborhood. In general, not many kids are local boys once you get to the top team. Nature of the beast...

20. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Urawa is pretty much a suburb....it's like New Jersey. Urawa has had a pretty successful youth program, its along the lines of Verdy or FC tokyo. Their main problem is that Kashiwa has a good program and is able to recruit in the same area. The Musashino line area pretty much is divided between the two.

21. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  22. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  23. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  24. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I found the Japanese article

http://www.sanspo.com/soccer/news/101022/scb1010220501000-n1.htm

Its 10 players aged 16-19 who are going to be on trial for 15 days.

Article from Hercules site

http://herculescf.com/noticias/448-el-hercules-firma-con-japon.html

I used google translate, but from what I can gather it sounds like it might be a yearly thing. I think that Ramzes might be some club in Japan, but I have no idea.

25. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan