2010 CFU Club Champions Cup

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by siebenw, Jan 8, 2010.

1. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago

I hope that PR gets to host. That way when the two T&T teams win there will be no excuses :D

2. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    The PR teams are well in there rights to complain, the final was our, and out of the blue now they have to pay a bunch of unforeseen expense because Jack wants them in Trini, god know why! This is the shit that makes the CFU look like a joke and the trini teams and Fed as corrupt.

In the end I just want it to be a fair game, if we win that awesome, if we lose that sucks but at least we did it with out any outside interference in trini that just not assured.

3. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    That's why I said that I want you to host.

4. leeka

leeka Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Bayamón PR
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Hey JackAss, don't forgot that the Islanders beat Jabloteh for CCL qualify in 2008. Like Intru said, its not who will win or lose, its the oportunity to others country to host the finals (and non partial ref). And the last year TT host the final, and the Islanders loose because the ref desition and the red car for CC and one player. Looks like the same 'dejavu' against River.

5. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Bro , no part of my post is angry or offensive . There is no need for name calling. I agree that PR should host. There is no reason to get angry bro.

7. BoriQa

BoriQa New Member

May 26, 2007
    Ajax, Canada
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Sure he is...

[​IMG]

8. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    Don't care if u believe me or not just saying.
    And I really hate when this happens too cuz it taints when we win its not like the teams need any help anyways....

9. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    Hey f*ck face the 2008 Islanders roster consisted of how many PR players in the starting eleven? I believe half or more of the starting eleven consisted of players of other nations. The other caribbean countries would ten times better if they were able to do the same.:rolleyes:

10. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    What does that have to do with anything?

Everyone needs to cool down a little bit.

11. leeka

leeka Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Bayamón PR
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Sorry, my bad. I dont want to insult you. I just want to merge the name of the CONCACAF President, and the word that everyone knows. Sorry for that, but I'm not angry, just disappointed that they said the finals going to be in PR, and later change their mind.

Hey, this is a Club Team, not National Team. Look the best clubs from the world, they got too many players from others country too (Real Madrid, Liverpool, etc...), and the requirements for the league and the team are to be US Citizens, so... this is the team.

1 United States GK Bill Gaudette
    2 United States DF Scott Jones
    3 Puerto Rico DF Richard Martínez
    4 Puerto Rico DF Marco Vélez
    5 Puerto Rico MF Noah Delgado (captain)
    6 Puerto Rico DF Alexis Rivera Curet
    7 England FW David Foley
    8 Guyana MF Chris Nurse
    9Dominican Republic MF Jonathan Faña Frias (on loan from W Connection)
    10 Trinidad and Tobago FW Kendall Jagdeosingh
    11 Jamaica FW Nicholas Addlery
    12 United States FW Anthony Allison
    13 United States DF David Horst (on loan from Real Salt Lake)
    14 Honduras MF Junior Sandoval
    15 Liberia MF Sandy Gbandi
    16 United States MF Joe Salem
    18 Trinidad and Tobago MF Osei Telesford
    19 Trinidad and Tobago DF Kevon Villaroel
    20 United States FW Josh Hansen
    21 United States DF Logan Emory
    22 Sierra Leone MF Shaka Bangura
    23 United States GK Cody Laurendi

12 US Citizens (4 PR, 8 US), 3 TT (your country), and the rest... (I dont want to wrote anymore)

Don't waste your time.

12. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Gbandi is a US citizen as his live here since a early age, league requires that to be considered local you be a citizen of either, US(PR) or Canada

13. BoriQa

BoriQa New Member

May 26, 2007
    Ajax, Canada
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    I actually believe that you were honest when you said it, and I agree with the rest of the statement.

My point is just that Papa Doc Warner is not someone to be trusted, and indeed he is tainting Trinidadian football, and making you look back.

14. El Daly

El Daly Member

May 28, 2006
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Were has been the recent locations for the CFU clubs championships finals?
    Simple:
    1998 T&T
    2000 T&T
    2001 T&T
    2002 T&T & Jamaica
    2003 T&T
    2004 Jamaica
    2005 Suriname
    2006 T&T
    2007 T&T
    2008 not held
    2009 T&T

There are enough finals on T&T, is time to change! :mad:

15. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See: CONCACAF Gold Cup :eek:

16. siebenw

siebenw Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Würzburg, Germany
    [FONT=&quot]Did anyone find pictures of Walking Boyz Company and/or Guyana Defense Force?

I only found very few, and couldn't even recognized the jersey design of GDF and sponsor of WBC:

GDF (green/green/yellow)
    WBC (white/white/white)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really hope someone can help, telling me where to find further pics.[/FONT]

17. leeka

leeka Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Bayamón PR
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    It's time to change too...

18. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
  19. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  20. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So then that means that the CFU has at least three issues to deal with at the moment:

- TRI's request to push back the schedule for the Final Round
    - Puerto Rico's protest of the venue change
    - and River Plate's complaint against Jabloteh

I don't like the odds of CFU coming up with competent decisions for all three...

21. winster

winster Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Club:
    Besiktas JK
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seeing how the 5th isn't a FIFA date, the T&T clubs should just refuse to release their players for the game. Not that Warner is going to want to play that way.

22. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
  23. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to this article from the Trinidad Express today, we have our answers to each of the three aforementioned issues: a collective "tough cookies."

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161652494

Anyone know if they'll be streaming the Bayamon derby tonight?

24. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Islanders win 3-0 Goals: Noah, Addlery, Hansen

25. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Jornada decisiva para los oncenos boricuas
    Los jugadores del Bayamón FC tuvieron ayer una leve sesión de entrenamiento para evitar la sobrecarga de trabajo físico de cara a los partidos de este fin de semana. (Primera Hora / Archivo / José L. Cruz Candelaria )
    viernes, 7 de mayo de 2010
    Esteban Pagán Rivera / Primera Hora

Aunque con objetivos distintos, la jornada de hoy será de vital importancia para los Islanders de Puerto Rico y el Bayamón FC en la fase final de la Copa de la Unión de Fútbol del Caribe (CFU, por sus siglas en inglés) que se celebra en Trinidad y Tobago.

La Tropa Naranja, que viene de golear, 3-0, al conjunto bayamonés en la primera fecha del torneo el pasado martes, tendrá un duelo de invictos ante el local Joe Public, que superó, 1-0, al también trinitense San Juan Jabloteh en el segundo partido de la jornada.

Con una victoria esta noche, los Islanders sumarían seis puntos y asegurarían su pase a la próxima edición de la Liga de Campeones de la Concacaf. Más importante aún, se colocarían en excelente posición para ganar el cetro del Caribe el próximo domingo cuando enfrenten al San Juan Jabloteh, considerado el más débil de los dos clubes de Trinidad y Tobago.

Visita nuestro especial Sudáfrica 2010
    “Es siempre positivo el no permitir anotaciones”, dijo Clarke al hablar sobre los primeros tres partidos de la CFU, en el cual los Islanders no permitieron un gol.

“Pero el partido más importante viene mañana (hoy) frente al Joe Public. Será nuestro rival más fuerte hasta ahora. No permitir anotaciones nos da confianza y buscaremos la manera de vencer, cueste lo que cueste”, añadió Clarke mediante comunicado de prensa.

Además, los Islanders anunciaron ayer que podrán contar desde esta noche con el defensa David Horst y el portero Cody Laurendi, quienes ya recibieron la luz verde por parte de la FIFA para jugar con los naranja. Sin embargo, el delantero inglés David Foley aun no se ha recuperado de su lesión y no podría estar disponible.

Por su parte, el Bayamón FC, luego de sufrir la derrota a manos de sus “hermanos mayores”, necesitan con urgencia una victoria esta noche ante el Jabloteh si desean terminar entre las primeras tres posiciones y entrar a la “Concachampions”.

Ayer, la prioridad del director técnico Jeaustin Campos fue levantar la moral de sus jugadores luego de caer en el primer partido.

“(Los jugadores) están dolidos. Pero están conscientes que fue el primero de tres partidos. Ellos saben que el partido de mañana (hoy) es nuestra final”, dijo ayer Campos a Primera Hora vía telefónica desde Trinidad.

“Vimos todo el partido de San Juan Jabloteh ante Joe Public. Es un buen equipo, ordenado. Pero lo importante es que depende de nosotros mismos si el rival va a ser mejor que nosotros”, sentenció.

http://www.primerahora.com/jornadadecisivaparalosoncenosboricuas-385866.html