2010 Asian Champions League

Discussion in 'China' started by chengb02, Dec 9, 2009.

1. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    That's wired, looks like our CSL have nothing but money:

Beijing Guo'an Awarded 1,224,100 USD for qualified for Round of 16 :D

Chinese News: http://sports.sohu.com/20100429/n271820269.shtml

From ACL official: 140k USD for group stage (3 wins 1 draw 2 loses in group stage)
    From club sponsor: ( BBVA bank, Spain & CITIC Bank, China) 1.4m RMB for group stage matches & 1m RMB for reaching next round
    From CSL Committe: 5m RMB for qualified for Round of 16

2. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    So CSL awards ACL progress? :p

3. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    It's so sad. The authorities are gutless. I remember the Rivaldo incident against Turkey in World Cup 2002. The player who simulates should be given the same punishment as the player who was wrongly punished.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/06/05/1022982720138.html

The authorities are just as bad when it comes to racial abuse.

4. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--

time to open your eyes and read my post again. i didnt say it is suitable but it is there to stay and it happens in all close games to varying degrees. playing acting and gamesmanship is everywhere in the game since who knows when. south americans are famous for that but now Europeans are equally skilled, if you don't know this then you are behind time . whiny fans piss me off more than playacting. just move on man

5. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    the Rivaldo incident is a big one because it happened in the WC but there are many more examples of gamesmanship, some are within the rules but the rest are outright conning the ref . i think i lost count how many times i saw examples of just diving alone in the epl and liga.

anyway footballing authorities have been combating this for along time with limited success because the culture is too entrenched in the game, more in the elite levels because the prize is greater and cost of failure unthinkable.

i am not going to say more because this topic has been discussed ad nauseam
    and i just realized i am close to whining about fans whining , lol.

racism is actually managed quite effectively in the uk leagues, compared to italy and spain imo.

6. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    But shouldn't we try to stamp it out?

7. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    of course we should but thats not my point....the point is they were already trying to do this for eons... the culture is here to stay, like it or not. opposing fans whining about them after every postmatch analysis isn't going to help much and frankly i'm sick of it. the reaction to last night CL semifinal proves my point. more time wasting, forgive the pun, gibberish about alleged unfair play... i rather they discuss more on tactics and coaching tbh.

8. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    But if we don't bitch and whine about it, nothing will change. Unless you allege bitching and whining about it won't change anything.

The authorities don't care or are afraid to care.

The tactics and coaching for Inter last night were to play aggressive defense, maintain shape, and delay time to the max (which may or may not involve falling down after you tackle an opponent or an opponent tackles you). Delaying time to the max is easily defeated if the referees simply kept time better. The tactics and coaching for Barca last night were to attack and get fouled if possible.

The authorities are shameful.

9. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    This is what FIFA should have done in the Rivaldo case:

Rivaldo simulated and the Turkish player got a yellow card (a second yellow). Rivaldo gets a yellow card retroactively and if Rivaldo was already carrying a yellow card in that match, he's banned for the following match. Financial punishments are meaningless unless they range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Some conning and gamesmanship will be impossible to control, but let's start somewhere. You have to catch what you can catch.

10. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    well thanks for the response. i'm just gonna say this outright again, the underlying gamesmanship culture is here to stay no matter how much we whine.

the topic of playacting and ways to deal with it have been discussed ad nauseam so i'm really reluctant to recycle arguments. apologies.

i am not gonna elaborate on the inter game because i was involved in a slanging match with both set of fans accusing each others team of cheating. i don't want to go through that here again, my sorry.

so i will end here on further discussion about this lest i appear to be whiny.

11. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Can we agree that the culture is here to stay because the authorities are derelict in their duty to protect the game? :)

Two unrelated points about global football trends:

1. When did the "goalie waits for the forward to come and then picks up the ball" tactic became ubiquitous?

2. When did everyone start kissing their ring finger to celebrate their goal with their wife/fiancée, à la Raul?