2010 Asian Champions League

Discussion in 'China' started by chengb02, Dec 9, 2009.

1. mehdan

mehdan New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    man, henan lost to singapore...this has to be one of the worst seasons in Asian football for CSL. :-/

2. Ironthumb

Ironthumb Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Jiangsu, China
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last year was bad too. Shandong lost to that Indonesian team and all four CLS teams failed to move on. At least Beijing still has a change to advance.

3. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Yup, we're still one away from it being as bad as last year ;)

4. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Beijing drew 0-0 away to Melbourne in a game they heavily dominated until about last 15-10 minutes when they allowed Melbourne into the game. Beijing should´ve scored some goals but i think they´re happy with a draw as they now only need a draw at home to Kawasaki next round to advance. But that won´t be that easy as Kawasaki seems to have regained their form and are leading 3-0 against Seongnam right now.

5. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    yep watched the match on n off, Beijing played well and had a number of chances to score... alas could come back to haunt them later

6. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Seongnam sent out a 2nd string fringe side. Beijing G have a very good chance.

7. mehdan

mehdan New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    @Mudang
    Thank you for your support!! 中韩友好! Hope LiWeiFeng and FengXiaoting help Korean teams!!

Hope more Koreans will play in CSL league. Even if a Korean with average skills play in CSL team, he will bring the fighting Taeguk spirit and profession.

8. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ah choo.
    又見那個明顯的外來廢物過來.

9. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Take some Claritin. :D

10. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Adelaide, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Shandong's performance tonight was one of if not the most disgraceful performance I have ever seen in football.

11. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Beautiful cross there for the goal, Joel Griffiths 1-0. Didn´t catch the name of assister but i think it was Wang Ke. Kawasaki totally dominating the play right now tho but were hit on the counter.

12. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Congratulations Guoan

13. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Well I'll be darned. Shanghainese helping Guo'an.

14. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    told you ;)

edit: anyways i hope beijing will knock suwon out, what a joke they are this year.

15. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Adelaide, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adrKfkr0a_4"]YouTube- Adelaide United v Shandong Luneng ACL 27-04-2010[/ame]

Go to the 5:00 mark...

16. mehdan

mehdan New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  17. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    A few points:

1. Is that what you meant by "disgraceful"? I thought you meant Shandong's play sucked. Yeah video technology should be used retroactively to give Yang Cheng a yellow card for simulation.

2. Shandong's physio is a foreigner?

3. Were all the Chinese-Australians in Adelaide cheering for Shandong? Do they usually go to watch Adelaide?

18. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Adelaide, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    1. That was only one thing. Their play acting was the other thing that pissed me off... such as rolling back onto the pitch when injured to waste time, and their keeper going down like someone shot him when he had a small bump...

2. I guess he is... I noticed that yesterday as well.

3. I went with a Chinese friend who's an Adelaide fan but went supporting Shandong... but by the end felt embarrassed. As for the large group of Chinese, they were just a group of people who don't normally attend but it was organized by their university here (I know a few of them). We get a few Chinese-Aussies coming to game but not that many. Last night would've been about 80% supporting Shandong.

19. Kimmyongguk

Kimmyongguk Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Beijing
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Where can I buy a customized Guoan jersey?

20. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
  21. mehdan

mehdan New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    The long review of the Beijing vs Kawsaki match
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWSPjuuUiRc"]YouTube- Asian Champions League 2010: ????Beijing Guoan vs ????????????[/ame]

22. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    lol i guess you are new to football. gamesmanship is part of the sport rightly or wrongly. just watch the barca inter game. 2 world class clubs, 1 of them probably the best club side in the world. a semi final in europe premier competition. and u see

inter players rolling around the ground every few minutes
    cesar deliberately wasting time and booked
    lucio getting away with murder
    as a team they put shirt-pulling, injury-feigning, time-wasting to a new level

as for Barcelona

Dani Alves should take up Olympic diving
    Sergio should get an oscar for having Motta sent off
    the holier than thou team attitude thinking their players should never be tackled
    and not letting the other team celebrate their win by turning on the water sprinklers

i'm not complaining.... it's laughable but entertaining nevertheless, its part of the spectacle....

so please grow up and accept that gamesmanship is part of the game, a worse thing than players whining is fans whining off the pitch about players whining on the pitch

23. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    It's football in general which needs to grow up. Play acting is a disgraceful blight on the game and I am sad to say that it is more prevalent in China that elsewhere, certainly the UK leagues.

Time for FIFA to give out retrospective suspensions and punishments for play-acting.

24. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Adelaide, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I wish I knew it was ok for me to stomp on opposition players then roll around on the ground like I'd been shot 30 seconds later when I get a tap on the back.

Won't bother explaining it to you jaredk, but if you really think all that type of play is suitable for football, then it's fans and players like you that we're better off without.

25. mehdan

mehdan New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Our Korean friend, SONG Tae Lim who scored the equalizer vs Japn Gamba. Thank you kamusa hamnida!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnktT1kD_zY"]YouTube- Henan Jianye - Gamba Osaka GOALS[/ame]