2010 0fficial Mexico's Copa Libertadores de América Thread: General Discussion Vol. I [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by nopalnation, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How about when ppl of other teams root against you because of the "Mexican" deal?

For the record, I don't even know if that's why that poster doesn't like Chivas. But I suspect it's because he's a spazzo and Chivas is a Mexican team.

2. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I disliked Chivas before I started liking America...

3. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I dont lose my sleep over that...i could care less man.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Point taken. Still, I'd just as soon not see our boards littered with posts by them.

1 person likes this.
  5. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  6. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They have to win in Chile now. Or draw scoring at least 2 goals.

7. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Meh...they didn't look very good. Now we just have to make sure we finish and take out punkass Reynoso.

8. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i actually thought Reynoso did ok..

Venado, Bofo and the kid in the midfield with the curly ass hair did pretty shitty

9. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Cagadon de Reynoso. Ya se complico la cosa, pero Pachuca pudo ganar en Chile, contra un mejor equipo.

10. midnight83

midnight83 New Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Texas
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After the random negative rep from people based on this thread, I decided to read why. I saw your comment above and felt I needed to respond.

For starters, I do want to apologize to anyone in general if I said anything that might have come off as offensive. I never intended that, so just wanted to be sure mention that.

Anyways, on the point I am replying to, I don't appreciate the assumption that because I said I dislike Chivas because it's a Mexican team. I realize there is a big rivalry between Mexico and US in this sport. Hopefully for most it's just a fun little competitive thing, but based on the response in this thread I have a feeling it goes deeper than that for many. Maybe Americans have come on this forum and said rude or racist things, but that's not me. I don't dislike Mexico. I like Mexico. I live two hours from the border in a city where the overwhelming majority of people are Mexican. I've grown up around the Mexican culture and have always appreciated it, so I take it personally when someone assumes that I'm somehow being racist or hateful for disliking a soccer club. Maybe for some it's "your way or the highway" but I do hope that most people understand that someone can dislike a club team while not holding negative feelings towards an entire country.

Why do I dislike Chivas since its been discussed? Honestly, it just sort of happened. When you watch new leagues you end up liking certain teams and disliking others. It's nothing personal or anything against the country. I just grew to dislike Chivas just like I dislike all LA or NY teams in the US, Napoli and Inter in Italy and random other teams in various sports. Do I hate Italy, the city of LA, or Mexico? No I don't. Am I the type of fan to being a complete prick to fans of "opposing" clubs? No I'm not. For me, sports rivalries are meant to be fun and something that doesn't go beyond the game, and Chivas is included in that. I don't dislike the players, the fans, the city of Guadalajara or the country of Mexico. Hopefully that clears up some misconceptions.

I apologize for the long comments, but I felt like since I was being accused of essentially hating Mexico, I felt I needed to respond.

2 people repped this.
  11. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    Chivas is most likely done.

A victory was crucial.

1 person likes this.
  12. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Ese Pachuca fue mejor equipo que este equipo de Chivas.

Yup, they've counted on the 1st leg results in order to get through and to be honest have got lucky going on to the next stage by losing the 2nd leg.......with their WC players back, with the "home" field advantage, the altitude and the smog they couldn't pull a victory.

Taking the game in Chile is going to be VERY tough.

13. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    true, but in that sense i feel that colo colo team was much better than this U de chile team.

14. Nightmare310

Nightmare310 Member+

Dec 6, 2007
    The Streets
    All we need to do is score a goal and the pressure is back on them. Im not impressed with la U, i think Chivas made them look good by throwing away the first half.

15. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It would be cool seeing la U win it...itll be a nice change.

CHivas is gona have to take out some of those idiots if they wana play and win.

16. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mosco that

Chivas just seems real light weight up top

U de Chile got what they came for, the away goal.
    They will sit back and counter

17. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I doubt they will sit back and counter, they will be the home team. IMO the break took all the momentum out that chivas was rolling with up until the finals. I hope the team clicks on all cylinders to get to the final I can't bare another final exit.

18. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would they risk anything?

Chivas is the team that is forced to attack

They showed last night that they have no problem defending for 90 mins

19. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    True but they also showed to be ineffective on the counter.

20. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    However they do seem deadly in dead situations

21. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mosco this. That team had a bunch of talent.

I also hate the way our teams play when they have an adverse score towards the end. South American teams start sending long passes into the box with about 3 minutes left. Our teams don't abandon the short pass game plan even when they need to score. Chivas couldn't get a shot off with about a minute left on the clock yesterday.

22. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We will beat them in Chile. U seems like a fairly average team. I don't know if we'll beat a Brazilian team in the final, though.

23. chiva_guero

chiva_guero BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 4, 2007
    Mexico NSR
    Given this, Chivas CAN win outright in Chile ... finishing was lacking but the chances were there.

More attention to and discipline on set pieces will be required.

24. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I hope most of you guys don't jump on our nuts

when we win the whole thing....

25. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    That's not true, la U had one or two clear chances and one of them was a goal. That's as effective as you're gonna get.