2009 Maccabiah Games [R], 12.07.2009-22.07.2009

Discussion in 'Israel' started by Dr Jay, Feb 5, 2009.

1. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Results

Mexico 8-1 Venezuela
    Fulltime

France 0-3 Brazil
    Fulltime

Germany 1-4 Switzerland
    Fulltime

The thing that bothers me the most about the games so far is that Israel is fielding the U19 team with many Israeli minorities who are not Jewish. This is unfair to the other squads who must field Jewish players. I mean, on the other hand, if Israel did field an entire Jewish team of Liga Leumit players, they could probably win the entire competition.

2. gizhukov

gizhukov Red Card

Dec 14, 2002
    NewYork
    You have no idea what you are talking about. PDL teams are for players who play for NCAA teams to get more competition in the summer or for players who are younger than 18.

Numerous former PDL players have gone on to real professional clubs in the MLS and Europe.

They just had a player Anton Peterlin sign a contract with Everton and will be with the senior team within a year , if not sooner. Many players who have been capped for the US National team started their careers in the PDL.
    Their teams are highly competititive and last night a PDL player played for Haiti's national team which tied the US in the Gold Cup.

3. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Re: Result

What an insult!

Next Time we're converting some Canadian's to Judaism for the revenge!!!!!

4. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Result

Your squad is not that bad but you are missing a couple of key players: Adam Braz and Daniel Revivo. If you had Revivo in your offense, you could have at least scored some goals and Braz could have anchored the back line.

5. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    They should have let me just play....

6. ysantos

ysantos Member

United States
    Sep 24, 2006
    Gardena
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know I'm coming quite late into this conversation, but would anyone know if and where I could get recorded copies of soccer matches played in past Maccabiah Games? I'm a collector of USA Soccer matches and I know that it may be a strech, but I'd like to find out what is out there. Espesially with Feilhaber and Bornstein having represented the USA in 2005.