2009 all Hex team & Hex MVP

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by bshredder, Oct 18, 2009.

1. 5 StArSoldier redded

Sep 5, 2009
    New York !
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    i Agree with that being with your team all 10 games. Didnt Blanco came in and played in like 6th or7 game ? not sure

2. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Donovan is certainly the MVP for the USMNT but what Pavon did for Honduras is to be applauded.

Let's be real, the US was never in any real danger of not qualifying.

3. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Most entertaining players: Christian Castillo, Rodolfo Zelaya & Arturo Alvarez...EL SALVADOR!!!

4. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a damn good team. I wonder how that team would do in the WC? Semifinals?:D

5. 5 StArSoldier redded

Sep 5, 2009
    New York !
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    i AGREE THAT IS A GOO0D TEAM JUST TAKE OUT BLANCO'S OLD ASS AND PUT IN SUAZO AND ITS COMPLETE:D

6. silverlion

silverlion Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe someone actually gave me some neg-rep for expressing my opinion, I wasn't even being critical of anyone. I don't see how someone can come to a thread where posters that support different teams come to share their opinions in a friendly environment and not even have the decency to make an arguement before resorting to give a cheapshot.

7. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    MVP = Carlos Pavon... he helped Honduras and the US qualify. ;)

8. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    < Pavon...

9. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Which is why the MVP is pavon for me, USA wouldve qualify regardless of great, average, or even horrible games by donovan while I really can't say the same about Honduras. Those six points we made against el salvador really showed that he's got it.

10. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Yup.

Pavon is my vote for Hex MVP as well.

11. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Best IX
    -------------Howard----------
    Juarez---Osorio---Figueroa----Salcido
    -------------------------------------
    --------Palacios---I.Castro----------
    --------------Blanco-----------------
    Gio-------------------------Donovan
    -------------Pavon-----------------

12. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not bad although I would sub Bradley for Castro. I like Palacios more and more everyday. Good squad.

Who makes the bench?

13. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You know, I dont like bradley that much. Ive read a lot of the US boards and they all seem to think he shouldn't be a starter. I have to agree. I think Torres should be there. I like players who can handle the ball, technical. This is one of the reasons why I think Gooch sucks. He's good on the air but thats it.

My subs
    Ochoa GK
    Borges
    Guardado
    Vela
    Gooch
    Costly
    Castillo (ES)
    Centeno

Oh yeah. My MVP
    Cuahtemoc Blanco
    What he did with Mexico is out of this world. He changed Mexicos WC chances.

14. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not true.

The whiny little harpies (who post so much they look like they represent more people than they actually do) hate Bradley because he's the coach's son.

Most of us know he's a vital piece of the team who plays a role with less flash than some might like. He still has off days, but the guy is a great defensive-oriented central midfielder with a nose for goal.

I'd his performance was worth 2nd team all Hex this time around...

15. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4 goals from Bradley during the HEX. Not bad. Which midfielder in Concacaf scored more in the Hex? He's first team all the way. Arguably the best CM in Concacaf. He's a box to box guy, tough in the tackle, and strong going forward. You don't score 14 goals in Holland as a DM.

16. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally fair assessment. I agree he's possibly the best CM in Concacaf, but think he had a spotty enough Hex to put Centeno above him for this particular 10 games.

17. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You guys may be right, but I have to put him on my best XI bench. I guess it comes down to personal taste.

18. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Borges and Palacios are more complete players.

De Guzman plays with both feet and was playing at a much higher level than Bradley up until a few months ago.

As far as Bradley's scoring rate. He hasn't been able to duplicate that form in Germany, has he?

19. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    6 goals in 30 apps for 'Gladbach: 1 already this season.

20. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DeGuzman is a good player but a little overrated . Palacios is nice and I'm a becoming a big fan of his, but I think Bradley is more of threat going forward.

Bradley until very recently had been asked to play a more holding role in with his club. I've noticed the last couple matches he has been playing farther upfield, and I expect to see him get more scoring opportunities.

21. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Bradley is a scrappy player and hits the ball well from distance but he ain't the best CM in CONCACAF.

22. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Box to Box who's better? If he's not the best, he's in the conversation.

23. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    yeah he was already in the Gold Cup.

24. powerviolence

powerviolence Red Card

Aug 17, 2009
    like someone else said, Borges from CR, he's a sort of creative stopper, the guy is good at tackling, defending and controlling the midfield and then coming out from the back and creating dangerous plays, and scoring a lot on top of that, he scored quite a few in the hex and is actually known for being a capable scorer. He scored that crazy ass bycicle kick goal in the gold cup.. which coincidentally was the last time he was ever seen on the pitch for CR(those who saw the rest of the the hex matches for CR will know what I mean, the guy completely dissapeared on the pitch even though he was a starter on a couple of games)

25. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I woudn't say he's "scrappy": ne scores enough balls and connect enough passes to be above that, if you will. Having said that, Palacios is a better ball-playing CM but that's not to say Bradley is a bad player at all. For instance (for argument's sake), if one wanted the 2 better all-round, 2-way mids CONCACAF has to offer, the top 2 choices would probably be Palacios and Bradley. Fwiw, the best outright DM is easily Torrado but he offers nothing going forward.

My 2 Chilean pesos, anyway. :)