2009/10 New York Red Bulls Offseason Analysis Thread (merged)

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Kidtelex, Oct 12, 2009.

1. kevmatwill

kevmatwill New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Utilitymen are a necessity in MLS with the tight salary cap. You need at least one or two guys you can stick in any position. Stammler is the poster child for jack of all trades, master of none.

2. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carey Talley was waived by Chivas. Not exactly a spring chicken, but if Albright doesn't make a comeback, he'd be a decent option as the right fullback. He has one hell of a cross, something our right hasn't seen since...

3. guyricardo

guyricardo Member

Jul 10, 2003
    Newark
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...Hunter Freeman? I can't think of anyone else that even came close to having a decent cross.

4. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    The Red Bulls will let go Richards sooner or later, now with Talley out of Chivas is the chance.....But what Chivas will ask for him is the question.....

5. kami

kami Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Saint Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sorry just had to repost some comments from this past January. Hope Ream continues to prove his value and worth. Good luck with the rest of the season and your fantastic new stadium.

==========================================================
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kami
    Hey guys,

Congrats on picking up Tim Ream who was a quality player from day one here at SLU. You will like this kid from the start Never takes a minute off, sublime touch, great left foot on deadballs, excellent distribution from back, better speed than expected, good size, and very good defensive instincts. In addition, this is one quality individual as well. I speak from experience as he agreed to attend a winter training session for my boys club team last year and did a stand up job for us. I'm really looking forward to seeing him progress and become a top notch MLS player for some time. "

Onionsack
    BigSoccer Member++

"Seriously the kid is a nobody and the fact we wasted #18 on him is ridiculous. If he was anywhere as good as you are trying to hype him he'd be part ofthe US set up or in europe by now.

He won't make the roster. Only chance he has is if he have an extr aDev spot to fill and he is willing to sit on the bench all year and do youth camp apperances for $15K. "

1 person likes this.
  6. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way, from what I read through out the offseason and what I saw last night. Richards is a different player under Backe. Keep him.

7. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Where the Osoriiiio Red Bulls went, is true this one game don't make the season or fix all the maladies this team have in the pass, but no body can take away the good they play last night and the effort that all the players make to give us so a good performance was fantastic, the first time on the story of the club, when pin point a bad play was difficult to do, kudos for all the players. coach staff and fan in general...

8. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    No question that last night Richards had a very good game, maybe the best of his career, but still, he is like a comet that only show ones every decade....

1 person likes this.
  9. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tim Ream looked very poised and solid on Saturday, but let's remember the season hasn't started yet. Saturday's victory was zero points.

I fully support your right to remind someone of the folly of a dismissive post, but wait until Tim has actually proven his worth when it counts.

If you've followed the team as long as I have, you'd understand my hesitation and reluctance as a reaction to past hubris. Plus, we don't need any jinxes. :D

10. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has to be the best analogy I've seen in a while. :D

11. AeroNaught

AeroNaught Member+

Atlanta United
    Feb 14, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually comets very rarely show every decade; Halley's comet at 76 years is considered a short time in comet seeing years. But I get what he was saying (kinda).:D

12. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    yep, Shep out...let Metz do color on TV. ;)