2009/10 New York Red Bulls Offseason Analysis Thread (merged)

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Kidtelex, Oct 12, 2009.

1. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad they know we desperately need a true attacking midfielder. But I hope that they realize that we truly need an upgrade in central defense.

2. zensum

zensum Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    The Bronx, NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I got to admit I like these (Soler/Backe) guys.

They have a clear vision of how they want to play and how they want to prepare. I loved Soler's comment about the long holiday that won't happen again. It's clear that our club is going to break out of some of the traditional practices of MLS teams and utilize a new training and preparation regimen.

I also like how open they are about team needs. CAM for sure and forward (Henry) after the World Cup.

PS - He's not the traditional CAM but I'd put the offense under VDB's control anytime.

3. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Well, I don't see nothing at all of what they are doing, but one thing is for sure, the season, even the practices has not even start and I have nothing to say about them, the only acquisition so far is Lendpere and we can say nothing about that, because we don't know the salary and condition of his contract and if he is a good player or not...

I will give them they half of season and see, and hope that everything come to a good end.... If not, well, we will go and see....I don't think so that we will have DVDB with Red Bulls for now, on the contrary we will have him at list like a trialist until they make they mind....But I don't see no interest at all about him for part of the Red Bulls management....

4. Nella FC 85

Nella FC 85 New Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Bayamon PR/NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess you forgot the draft and you didn't read the article where they say they have a good technical team but the condition was bad and thats why they went to La Manga Spain (no practices?!?!) to train and get ready for the season while everyone was still on break. :confused:

Like I keep saying its unrealistic and unfair it takes any good organization a lot longer to turn this ship around. Look at the Yankees, how long did it take for them to start fixing their farm system and get a world championship. There's a reason this quote says "Rome wasn't built in a day" and if don't give them team and management time to do their job and start with fire everyone campaign this team will never get better.

5. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Osorio bet all his chips in South American Players and they made his Waterloo, and now Bakke and Soler they think that the only way to go is with European ones, that concern me a lot, at the same time I'm consent that Soler & co. knows ONLY the European market and because the short time we have in hand oblige them to do that, I will give them that.... The Draft success depend for the draft order you have and the Red Bulls has # 2 and # 14 and I think they was liable to do better, any team with that Draft will do better and couple of them with a cripple draft, like Chicago and Seattle did better with worst opportunities, so, the Draft is just depend of what are you chance that the another teams will let you good players where to spend you chance and what you know or want to do on the Draft is a second ability and this people have nothing to do with the position or chances of drafting the team have before they become the honchos of turn, to give them any glory for that, if is about the games in La Mancha, they play the third and fourth tear players of that teams, so, you will not think that for that winnings the problem are fixed and that we are ready to take the world of soccer by the horns....

But if you ask me what is my opinion of Bakke Vs Osorio, I'm more comfortable with what we have today, but like I say, we only can wait and see....and I hope will be for the better.....I don't say that the team have to start killing every tam in every game they play, not at all, but I wait to see improvements according the noise this people are doing and saying they will do, that is all, at least they have to surpass the record of Richie that so far is 60% winning average, and I don't expect less....

6. Homebrew4U

Homebrew4U New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Eastchester, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This article in today's Star-Ledger has a few different quotes from Soler than most of what was printed yesterday--talking about working with a salary cap, and other aspects of the ins-and-outs of MLS.

This made me smile:

He truly does seem to get it, and acknowledges that when he doesn't, he asks. j1mbr0wn posted a saying here back when Soler was originally hired, which seems to be panning out. I'll rephrase (ie, butcher) that saying here: Being a good leader doesn't necessarily mean you know all the answers; it means you know what questions to ask, and surround yourself with the people to provide the answers.

7. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soler and Backe talk a good game, that's for sure.

I'm hopeful that this means there is a good chance they can walk the walk as well. But I'm not going to drink the koolaid just yet...

8. Homebrew4U

Homebrew4U New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Eastchester, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And with good reason. As I said, he *seems* to be panning out. I remain cautiously optomistic.

9. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    We need more than anything else, stability, a team that don't make the ridicule game after game like has been happen for several years, they play a good game and in the next 2 or 3 they look worst than amateurs, that is what we need for starters stability, and course wing some games and try to be competitive in this first season, but if we have stability, at the end of the season we will only need to made three or maybe 4 at maximum changes for the next season, that will be a plus and that is I'm hoping for, for a long, long time....

We have five or six kids there that can play ball, they only need a little help and guidance and that is what they have to do, don't send them packing like always they do, try to keep players for 4/5 years on the team, like this, we won't have to look for a dozen players in a hurry every year, that will be the solution to lot of problems....

10. sickofitall

sickofitall New Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    so why didn't you apply for the coaching position¿ or better yet why don't you send Erik Soler and Hans Backe a letter telling them how they should run the team¿ maybe then with your expert advice the team can wing some game meng.

11. Homebrew4U

Homebrew4U New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Eastchester, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, sickofitall, while I've appreciated your unabashed support of the team since arriving on these boards, mocking metz with inverted question marks and "wing some game meng" is not cool. If I can say one thing about metz, having never met him and only encountered him on these boards, he is 100% passionate about the Red Bulls. Perhaps their lousy performance has made him impatient, but he clearly loves the team and wants to see the Red Bulls succeed--as much as anybody here. Argue all you want, but mocking his English is pretty cheap if you ask me.

12. Nella FC 85

Nella FC 85 New Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Bayamon PR/NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Red Bull Notes: Tchani arrives, Ream & Richards shine, Ze Roberto rumors

And just for my favorite Onion...

;)

13. tonytdc

tonytdc New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sickofitall, dude, don't be an assh*le. disagree, argue, whatever, but no need for personal sh*t. we are all supposedly fans of the same team. pull that shit with union or united fans on their board.

metz, i'm curious, what 5 or 6 young players do you think should be developed? we haven't seen the draft picks/academy players play yet, so i'm assuming that you are talking about players from last season.

14. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Of course, Mbuta, Giorgi, Borman, Hall, Luke and the three or four we pick at the super draft deserve to be priorities for tomorrow, and maybe a couple more like Agudelo and some others in the under 18 teams, right now is imperative to upgrade to seniors Mbuta and Borman to open at least three spot to accommodate three of the 2010 draftees....

Because the new draftees you can sign them with a 50K bonus plus the 30K salary and next year just wait and see....

15. sickofitall

sickofitall New Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    dude i'm a hispanic of sorts haha i'm just ********ing around guys relax. i have tons of family members who don't speak English (of course they live in Europe and south america) but i also have friends from other countries with thick accents. i could care less- i just like to stir the pot a little bit.

16. lonelycowboy

lonelycowboy Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Austria
    Raúl, muy cerca de los New York Red Bulls

11/02/10 - 09:45

La oferta económica es equiparable a lo que percibe ahora en el Real Madrid · Tanto Raúl como su representante ya advirtieron la opción de jugar en Estados Unidos · El Real Madrid dejará que sea el 7 el que decida su futuro

Raúl González Blanco podría estar disfrutando de sus últimos meses en el Real Madrid, ya que todo hace indicar que en verano pondrá punto final a quince años como futbolista del equipo blanco. Tal como informa en su edición de este jueves el diario MARCA, el 7 tiene una oferta para dejar la Liga BBVA y jugar en Estados Unidos.

Los Red New York Red Bulls están cerca de atar al capitán del Real Madrid. De hecho, como informan en las páginas de MARCA Miguel Serrano y Ulises Sánchez-Flor, la franquicia de la Major League Soccer le ha hecho una oferta económica equiparable a lo que percibe ahora en la entidad de Chamartín. Y es que la idea de 'emigrar' al futbol estadounidense ronda la cabeza de Raúl desde hace tiempo. Hace un año, en la víspera del encuentro de ida de los octavos de final de la Liga de Campeones que enfrentó a los blancos con el Liverpool en Santiago Bernabéu, no cerró las puertas a esa opción: "Como experiencia podría irme un año a jugar a Estados Unidos".

Más recientemente, su representante, Ginés Carvajal, también dejó entrever la posibilidad de que disfrutara de sus últimos años como futbolista lejos de España: "Tiene opciones de jugar en Estados Unidos o Qatar". No obstante, los dólares no son el único argumento de los Red Bulls para llamar la atención del delantero, ya que la intención de este equipo de la MLS es hacer un equipazo en el que también estarían Paolo Maldini y Thierry Henry. Pese a que Raúl tiene contrato con el Real Madrid hasta junio de 2011 y de que su intención es cumplirlo, no tiene claro su futuro y finalmente podría cruzar el Atlántico. Si es así, el Real Madrid no le pondrá ningún impedimento.

http://www.marca.com/2010/02/11/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1265877017.html

Translation:
    google:
    http://translate.google.com/transla...drid/1265877017.html&sl=es&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

babelfish:
    http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translat...d/1265877017.html&lp=es_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

17. MetroStone

MetroStone New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    btw - if sickofitall is who I think he is, the inverted question is not specifically directed at Metz. He has been using it consistently in all of his posts here and elsewhere. IIRC, he is also of Spanish decent.

18. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone just posted on Twitter that the Red Bulls will be waiving four players today:

Is today a deadline day to cut players? I was just reading that KC cut several players (I believe it was 4, as well).

On another note (from PATHtweet):

19. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    wow, interesting...Mbuta is one I'd guess.

20. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guesses:

Mbuta
    Oebster
    Ubi (or Sassano)
    Cepero (!)

21. Nella FC 85

Nella FC 85 New Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Bayamon PR/NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't be surprised to see either Conor Chinn or Irving Garcia waived... I'm pretty sure Tim Ream and Austin da Luz are safe.

But I also have a feeling Cepero is gone.

22. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    "Nationally ranked" Conor Chinn is to be waived? :(

23. Nella FC 85

Nella FC 85 New Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Bayamon PR/NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would hope not, but you never know :eek:

24. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    too early to cut any of the draftees....cepero/oebster are good bets along with mbuta.

25. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chinn and Garcia aren't even signed, are they? How can they be waived?