2009/10 New York Red Bulls Offseason Analysis Thread (merged)

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Kidtelex, Oct 12, 2009.

1. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure:

They've got some new young talent from draft - Metz is happy.
    They're chasing some experienced guys (still young) - Metz is hopeful.
    They told him Lindpere is under 30 - Metz celebrated with a beer.
    It's after 3PM - Metz is buzzed.
    Someone made him remember Rojas - Metz is annoyed.
    Someone almost made him remember Pietravallo - Metz is seriously annoyed.
    Someone reminded him about Tchani and Agudelo - Metz is happy again.
    He looked at the RBA web cam - Metz got excited again, but after 3 beers, it was a bit of a mess.

2. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    You was there....

3. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    this made me ROFL :p

4. Carbonero

Carbonero Red Card

May 10, 2008
    is anyone a dane richards supporter ? even after he's been exposed as a one trick pony?

5. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The opposing left back!

6. Carbonero

Carbonero Red Card

May 10, 2008
    exactly lol

7. lonelycowboy

lonelycowboy Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Austria
    Thanks. The "translation" is a lot easier to understand for me.

Altough now I am SERIOUSLY annoyed because I ALMOST can not remember the last time I was SERIOUSLY annoyed because I ALMOST remembered something. :confused:

8. iHaveAnOrangeItch

iHaveAnOrangeItch New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
  9. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Nella FC 85

Nella FC 85 New Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Bayamon PR/NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Red Bulls are making an offer to W. Connection midfielder Jonathan Faña.

Jonathan Faña podría pasar a la MLS a o un club europeo

I would translate but I have stuff to do so any other bilinguals here can have the honor.

Oh and he also has offers from CUSA and from a team in Serbia.

11. AeroNaught

AeroNaught Member+

Atlanta United
    Feb 14, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a quick translation:

The midfield player, which caused quite a sensation in the past CCL, said that "everything will depend on the decision that W. Connection of Trinidad and Tobago makes", the team for which he plays for.

According to Faña, the club that has his rights has received offers from the Red Bulls of Major League Soccer and a team from Serbia, a league which employs two of his compatriots in Kevin Rodríguez and Edward Acevedo.

Sounds alright I guess, though I'll reserve judgment till I see some actual footage of him.

12. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He's the Dominican guy, right?

13. Nella FC 85

Nella FC 85 New Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Bayamon PR/NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Si eso es correcto! Yes that is correct! :)

14. zensum

zensum Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    The Bronx, NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I've been so involved fightings the BBs and their fake Cosmos I haven't been following team roster moves as closely as I should.

Does anyone know the current status of the roster?

Did the Estonian actually sign and where is he projected for 2010/11, left/central/starter/backup?

Did any of the European trialists accompany the team back to NY/NJ/Conn?

How about Agudelo, has he signed, would he be developmental? How about da Luz/Chinn/Ream, can any of these guys make the rosters/see playing time?

Is Albright healthy/er, will he make the club, can he play centerhalf next to Johnson on the right (the last regime really liked Johnson, I thought he roamed too much)?

What about Fana?

Where is Hall projected left/right/back/higher/starter/backup?

Who's on the bubble, Borman/Ubi/Sassano/Mendes/Boyens/Mbuta/even Petke?

Is Kandji penciled in as a sure starter or is he being challenged by some of the newcomers?

Has the starter emerged at keeper?

So many questions, thanks for any responses.

15. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His agent and his old club, Tromsø, say that he has signed, but there has been nothing official from RB yet. He has played as a left sided MF for Tromsø, but also plays as a central midfielder and in the interview with him in Estonian media he said he would be brought in as a central MF.

Don't know yet. I guess we'll find out more when they play the games in Florida.

Agudelo has been offered a contract, but we don't know what the offer is. Deciding between RB and Millonarios and he played in the last friendly at La Manga, so that's a positive sign (I hope). As for the others, Da Luz saw a lot of playing time in Spain as did Ream. Chinn also played a bit. Too early to say if they will be in the squad opening day, but you'd have to think that Da Luz would make it, at the very least.

That's the big question. Can he get back to fitness. Solér said we are not on the hook for his salary if he cannot recover. You'd think he would be cover for Carlos Johnson, but perhaps he could play centerback as well.

Just a rumor in the Dominican media at this point, but he apparently has offers from us, Chivas and a few other clubs outside MLS.

Looks like Hall has been playing as a MF in Spain, so maybe the Hall as RB experiment is over, finally. Starting, one would assume.

Mbuta did not even play in Spain. I'd bet that either Ubi or Sassano will not make the cut. Probably Sassano. If we sign another central defender one of those other guys could be in danger or on the trade block (if they have any value).

Hard to say at this point. He played a bit in Spain but they are giving some other guys a look. I wouldn't say he's a lock to be in the lineup opening day.

Nope. Condoul, Gaudette, Sutton and Cepero all played in Spain. No clear #1 from what I could tell. Then there's Oka Nikolov. Who knows what's going on there?

16. zensum

zensum Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    The Bronx, NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Thanks Blue Note!

17. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would have to think so, but we'll find out more during the next string of practices or when they go to Fla at the latest.

No, he is still on trial. For his sake I hope he would not be on a dev contract.

As stated before he has been playing mid-field so far this pre-season. Dane Richards by all accounts has been having a good preseason and we have a shit load of left sided midfielders so who knows Hall's roll at this point.

Kandji was recovering from Surgery so he only played one half in Spain. He is our best second foward at this time so I think he would start.

Oh and Goldie had surgery and will be out for 6 weeks.

18. zensum

zensum Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    The Bronx, NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    2 zip Chelsea, think I'll post...

With the degree of uncertainty present concerning roster and lineup the team that takes the field on 3/20 and 27 against Santos and Chicago respectively will be the first test of the new regime.

Don't even know who'll make the final calls Soler or Backe.

There's also so much versatility with just Stammler/Richards/Angel among the likely starters slotted in for one position only it really gives Backe (or is it Soler?) his/their opportunity to put his/their stamp on the team from day one.

PS - A WWF reference from the Arsenal/Cheasea broadcast! Oh my, what will the Eurosnobs think about that!

By the way wasn't there a big 4 matchup on Super Bowl Sunday last year? In much of the world the Super Bowl is likely the only football game that many watch. Is the EPL trying to develop a Super Bowl Sunday double header tradition? If so, smart.

19. Nella FC 85

Nella FC 85 New Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Bayamon PR/NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We probably won't know for sure until the CBA is signed, sealed and delivered.

Probably won't know until they start training over here in the next week or 2.

Agudelo hasn't signed (yet). You also forgot I. Garcia, I think Luz and Ream will both be on the team. Ream has impressed and he can play a few spots, Luz has also looked good (from what I read). I think Chinn and Garcia are both on the bubble but I would love if they could make it on the team as they seem to have talent.

Don't know yet, like Blue said he has multiple offers so we have to wait to find out.

Nope, I doubt we'll know for a few more weeks.

20. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  21. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The whole discovery system is ********ed! How do you "discover" a 35 year old player? We may as well put a discovery claim on Henry. I am not losing sleep over it tho. It is just the whole system is flawed. We dont really need a goalie anyway. But an upgrade would have been nice to have.

22. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I'm glad that Dallas claim a discovery over him, like that is one less chance for the Red Bulls bimbos to make a mistake and bring one more obsolete player to the team....

23. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A goalie can never be obsolete especially one who is still playing for Frankfurt in the Bundesliga. He would have been an imeadiate upgrade to the defense with out addidng a defender. We didnt really need him, but it would have been nice to uppgrade

24. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    a agree with this. What stuck out to me once I read this was that previous regimes here would go foward with this case and overpay Dallas in compensation. I like the sensibility Soler has showed so far.

25. Nella FC 85

Nella FC 85 New Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Bayamon PR/NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More news from Michael Lewis:

Red Bulls to add midfield help